AFCAT 2 2018 Notification, Exam Date, Cut Off – APPLY NOW
The most famous exam to join the Indian Air Force, AFCAT, also known as AIR FORCE COMMON ADMISSION ONLINE TEST is out now, the official website which conducts AFCAT exam (CDAC) has published the notification of AFCAT 2 2018. Candidates who want to join the Indian Air force in flying, GDOC and technical branch can apply for AFCAT 2 2018, along with these branches, candidates can also apply for NCC Special Entry and Meteorology branch.
AFCAT 2 2018 Notification: Indian Air Force invites Indian citizens (male and women) to be part of this elite force as Class 1 Gazetted Officers in Flying, Ground Duty (Technical and Non-Technical) branches. Online examination will be conducted on 18 Aug 18 and 19 Aug 18 for AFCAT exam.
AFCAT 2 2018 Important Dates and Details
|AFCAT 2 2018 Online Apply Date||16th June 2018|
|AFCAT 2 2018 Last Date||15th July 2018|
|AFCAT 2 2018 Admit Card Date||1st Week of Aug 2018|
|AFCAT 2 2018 Exam Date||18th and 19th Aug 2018|
|AFCAT 2 2018 Result Date||Last week of Sep 2018|
|AFCAT 2 2018 AFSB Interview Date||From Oct 2018 onward|
|AFCAT 2 2018 Merit List Date||June 2019|
AFCAT 2 2018 Eligibility Conditions:
- Nationality: Candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Flying Branch through AFCAT and NCC Special Entry. 20 to 24 years as on 01 July 2019 i.e., born between 02 July 1995 to 01 July 1999 (both dates inclusive). Upper age limit for candidates holding valid and current Commercial Pilot License issued by DGCA (India) is relaxable upto 26 years i.e. born between 02 July 1993 to 01 July 1999 (both dates inclusive).
- Ground Duty (Technical & Non-Technical) Branch. 20 to 26 years as on 01 July 2019 i.e., born between 02 July 1993 to 01 July 1999 (both dates inclusive).
- Marital Status: Candidates below 25 years of age must be unmarried at the time of commencement of course. Widows/Widowers and divorcees (with or without encumbrances) below 25 years of age are also not eligible. Marriage is not permitted during training. Married candidates above 25 years of age are eligible to apply but during training period they will neither be provided married accommodation nor can they live out with family.
- The date of birth accepted by the IAF is that entered in the Matriculation or Secondary School Leaving Certificate or in a certificate recognised by an Indian University as equivalent to Matriculation or in an extract from a Register of Matriculates maintained by a University, which extract must be certified by the proper authority of the University or in the Higher Secondary or an equivalent examination certificate. No other document relating to age like horoscopes, affidavits, birth extracts from Municipal Corporation, service records and likewise will be accepted.
- Sometimes the Matriculation/Higher Secondary Examination Certificate does not show the date of birth, or only shows the age by completed years or completed years and months. In such cases a candidate must possess a self-attested/certified copy of a certificate from the Headmaster/Principal of the Institution from where he/she passed the Matriculation/Higher Secondary Examination showing the date of his/her birth or exact age as recorded in the Admission Register of the Institution.
- Candidates should note that only the Date of Birth as recorded in the Matriculation/Higher Secondary Examination Certificate or an equivalent certificate on the date of submission of applications will be accepted by the IAF and no subsequent request for its change will be considered or granted.
- The candidates should exercise due care while entering their date of birth. If on verification at any subsequent stage, variation is found in their date of birth from the one entered in their Matriculation or equivalent examination certificate, will render them disqualified.
- Educational Qualifications
- Flying Branch: Candidates should have mandatorily passed with a minimum of 60% marks each in Maths and Physics at 10+2 level and Graduation with minimum three years degree course in any discipline from a recognized University with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent. OR BE/B Tech degree (Four years course) from a recognised University with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent OR Candidates who have cleared Section A & B examination of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India) or Aeronautical Society of India from a recognised University with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent.
- Ground Duty (Technical) Branch: Candidates with a minimum of 60% marks each in Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level and a minimum of four years degree graduation/integrated post-graduation qualification in Engineering/ Technology from recognized University OR cleared Sections A and B examination of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India) or Aeronautical Society of India or Graduate membership examination of the Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers by actual studies with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent in the disciplines mentioned in the notification attached below.
- GroundDuty (Non-Technical) Branches:
- Administration & Logistics. Graduate Degree (Minimum three years degree course) in any discipline from a recognised university with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent or cleared section A & B examination of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India) or Aeronautical Society of India from a recognised university with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent.
- Accounts. B Com Degree (Minimum three years degree course) from a recognised university with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent.
- Education. MBA/MCA or MA/MSc degree in English/ Physics/ Mathematics/ Chemistry/ Statistics/ International relations/ International Studies/ Defence Studies/ Psychology/ Computer Science/ IT/ Management/ Mass Communication/ Journalism/ Public Relation with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate of all papers put together in Post-Graduation (Minimum two years programme) and 60% marks in graduation, (both recognized by UGC/ Competent Accreditation Authority). For integrated courses (single degree without permission to exit and lateral entry), the minimum duration must be as per prevailing UGC guidelines with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate of all papers put together.
- NCC Special Entry (Flying Branch): NCC Air Wing Senior Division ‘C’ certificate acquired on or after 02 Jun 16 is mandatory. Candidates should have mandatorily passed with a minimum of 60% marks each in Maths and Physics at 10+2. Graduates with minimum three years degree course in any discipline from a recognized University with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent. OR BE/B Tech degree (Four years course) from a recognised University with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent OR Candidates who have cleared Section A & B examination of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India) or Aeronautical Society of India from a recognised University with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent.
- Meteorology: Post Graduate Degree in any Science stream/ Mathematics/Statistics/Geography/Computer Applications/Environmental Science/Applied Physics/
Oceanography/Meteorology/Agricultural Meteorology/Ecology & Environment /Geophysics/Environmental Biology with minimum of 50% marks in
aggregate of all papers put together (Provided Maths and Physics were studied at Graduation Level with a minimum of 55% marks in each).
Download: AFCAT SOLVED PAPERS eBook
How to Apply for AFCAT 2 2018: Aspirants for IAF are required to apply online by using the link https://careerindianairforce.cdac.in, or https://afcat.cdac.in. Aadhar Card is mandatory for online registration. Detailed instructions for filling in the online application form are appended below:-
- AFCAT Applicants need to exercise utmost care while filling in the online application. In case any information is found to be incorrect, the candidature is liable to be cancelled at any stage of the selection process. Please verify the correctness of information entered in all the fields before proceeding with the “Make Payment” option. Applicants will not be able to edit the previous details entered after the selection of “Course Preferences” step and after the “Make Payment” step.
- If an applicant has submitted more than one application, only the latest submitted application form against a particular Aadhar Number, will be considered for issue of Admit Card. However, the fee deposited while filling additional applications will not be refundable.
AFCAT 2 2018 Examination fee: After filling in the online application form, the examination fee of Rs. 250/- (non-refundable) for AFCAT entry (not applicable for NCC special entry and Meteorology) may be paid online through the ‘Make Payment’ step on the main menu of the online application. No cash or cheque or demand draft (DD) will be accepted towards payment of examination fee. The examination fee can be paid using credit/debit cards/ net banking through the payment gateway. Applicants are advised to follow the instructions/ steps given on the payment gateway, and also print/keep the transaction details for their records. After confirmation from bank that the payment is received, the “Payment Status” will display “Registration Number” which the candidate may note down for future correspondence. Simultaneously, the candidate will receive a confirmatory sms/ email. This will be followed by Admit Card (with the Hall Ticket Number) which a candidate will receive on his/her registered email ID.
AFCAT 2 2018 For Serving Airmen: Serving airmen are also required to apply like other applicants. In addition, they would have to apply as per the service format given in AFO 11/ 2015 through service channel.
AFCAT 2 2018 Scheme of Online Examination: All applicants whose applications are submitted by due date will be called at one of the examination centres for AFCAT scheduled on either 18 August 18 (Saturday) or 19 August 18 (Sunday). It is mandatory for the candidates opting for Ground Duty (Technical) branch to appear in both AFCAT as well as Engineering Knowledge Test (EKT). They will appear for the online exam on 19 August 18 (Sunday).
AFCAT 2 2018 Exam Schedule: The AFCAT (and EKT) will be conducted in two days as per the following schedule:-
Note: Candidates will not be permitted to enter the exam centre, under any circumstance, after the pre-exam verification process has commenced at 08:00 AM.
AFCAT 2 2018 Exam Centres: Agartala, Agra, Ahmedabad, Aizawl, Aligarh, Allahabad, Ambala, Amritsar, Bareilly, Behrampur (Odisha), Belgaum, Bengaluru, Bhagalpur, Bhilai, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Bhuj, Bikaner, Chandigarh, Chennai, Coimbatore, Darbhanga, Dehradun, Delhi and NCR, Dhanbad, Diu, Durgapur, Ganganagar, Gorakhpur, Guntur, Guwahati, Gwalior, Haldwani, Hissar, Hyderabad, Imphal, Indore, Itanagar, Jabalpur, Jaipur, Jalandhar, Jalpaigudi, Jammu, Jamshedpur, Jhansi, Jodhpur, Jorhat, Kakinada, Kannur, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Kochi, Kohima, Kolhapur, Kolkata, Kota, Kurukshetra, Leh, Lucknow, Madurai, Mangalore, Meerut, Mumbai, Mysore, Nagpur, Nasik, Nizamabad, Pathankot, Patna, Port Blair, Puducherry, Pune, Rajkot, Ranchi, Rohtak, Rourkee, Rourkela, Sambalpur, Shillong, Shimla, Silchar, Solapur, Srinagar, Thane, Thiruvananthapuram, Thrissur, Tinsukia, Tirunelveli, Tirupati, Udaipur, Ujjain, Vadodara, Varanasi, Vellore, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam, Warangal.
AFCAT 2 2018 Final Merit List: To be acceptable, candidates should secure the minimum qualifying marks separately in written examination and AFSB test as fixed by the IAF. Candidates will be placed in the order of merit on the basis of the total marks secured by them in the written examination and in the AFSB tests. The form and manner of communication of the result of the examination to individual candidates shall be decided by the IAF in their discretion.10% of the vacancies are reserved for NCC Air Wing Senior Division ‘C’ certificate holders in Ground Duty (Technical and Non-technical) Branches. Allotment of PC/ SSC in Ground Duty (Technical and Non-technical) Branches would be based on number of vacancies, performance in the selection process and the choice given by the candidates.
For any Query related to Conduct of Online Examination, registration process, admit cards, candidates may contact AFCAT Cell on 020-25503105 or 020-25503106. E-Mail queries may be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org. For all queries regarding Eligibility, allotment of AFSB centres, date of AFSB interview, merit list, Joining Instructions, and any other relevant information regarding selection process, candidates may contact on 011-23010231 extn 7610 or visit website https://careerindianairforce.cdac.in or https://afcat.cdac.in or Toll free number 1800- 11-2448