Difference Between NATO vs Russia?
What Is NATO?
- It Is A Military Alliance Est. By The North Atlantic Treaty (Washington Treaty) Of April 1949, By The United States, Canada, And Several Western European Nations To Provide Collective Security Against The Soviet Union.
- A Key Provision Of The Treaty, The So-called Article 5, States That If One Member Of The Alliance Is Attacked In Europe Or North America, It Is To Be Considered An Attack On All Members. That Effectively Put Western Europe Under The “Nuclear Umbrella” Of The US.
- Currently, There Are 30 Member States, With North Macedonia Becoming The Latest Member To Join The Alliance In 2020.
What Was The Warsaw Pact?
- It was a collective defense treaty Est by the Soviet Union & 7 other Soviet satellite states in Central and Eastern Europe: Albania, Bulgaria, Czechoslovakia, East Germany, Hungary, Poland, and Romania (Albania withdrew in 1968).
- Formally known as the Treaty of Friendship, Co-operation, and Mutual Assistance, the Warsaw Pact was created on 14 May 1955, immediately after the accession of West Germany to the Alliance.
The Beginning Of The Cold War:
- The Warsaw Pact embodied what was referred to as the Eastern bloc, while NATO and its member countries represented the Western bloc. NATO and the Warsaw Pact were ideologically opposed and, over time, built up their own defenses starting an arms race that lasted throughout the Cold War.
Dissolution Of The Soviet Union:
- It was declared at an end on 25 Feb 1991 and the Czechoslovak President, Vaclav Havel, formally declared an end to it on 1 July 1991. Gorbachev’s policy of openness (Glasnost) and restructuring (Perestroika), together with other initiatives, opened the way for popular uprisings.
- The Berlin Wall fell in Nov 1989 and communist governments in Poland, Hungary, Czechoslovakia, East Germany, Romania, and Bulgaria started to fall The break-up of the Warsaw Pact was shortly followed by the dissolution of the Soviet Union in December 1991.
NATO Vs WARSAW:
NATO Vs Russia:
- Which Of The Following Is A Military Alliance?
- (a) ASEAN
- (b) NAFTA
- (c) NATO
- (d) EEC
- NATO Was Established In
- (a) 1949
- (b) 1948
- (C) 1947
- (d) 1946
- NATO Was Founded To Help West To Resist
- (a) Turkey Block
- (b) Asian Block
- (c) Communist Block
- (d) None of them
- Warsaw Pact Was Created In
- Not A Member Of NATO
- (a) Czech Republic
- (b) Poland
- (c) Romania
- (d) Russia
- Official Languages Of NATO
- (a) English and Russian
- (b) English and French
- (c) English and Chinese
- (d) French and Norwegian
- Current Secretary-General Of NATO
- (a) Jaan de Hoop Scheffer
- (b) Anders Fogh Rasmussen
- (c) Jens Stoltenberg
- (d) Javier Solana
- WARSAW Pact Ended In
- Latest Country To Join NATO
- North Macedonia
- Last President Of The Soviet Union
- Boris Yeltsin
- Mikhail Gorbachev
- Vladimir Putin
- Dmitry Medvedev
To crack the SSB Interview, You can join our SSB interview live classes batch and we recommend you to Enroll SSB INTERVIEW ONLINE COURSE. Trusted by thousands of defence aspirants.
- What Is United Nations Security Council (UNSC): SSB Interview Notes
- Everything You Need To Know About SAARC: South Asian Association For Regional Cooperation
- What Is A Vacuum Bomb [Explained]
- Top 10 Evacuation Operations By India [Complete List]
- Why Indian Army’s Regiment Of Artillery Is Called The Gods Of War
- What Is Operation Ganga?
- All About Russia Ukraine War: SSB Interview Topic [Fully Explained]
Leave a Reply