The Indian Air Force (IAF) has now released the admit card for the upcoming Air Force Common Admission Test or AFCAT 02/2022. Registered applicants are encouraged to log in and download their physical admit card at https://afcat.cdac.in.
The IAF AFCAT 2 2022 exam will be conducted on August 26, 27 and 28, for flying and ground duties.
The AFCAT exam will be held on in two shifts — 9.45 AM to 11.45 AM and 2.45 PM to 4.45 PM.
Candidates are required to carry a printed copy of their admit card and a photocopy of at least one mandatory document that is listed on the admit card to the exam center on the given date and time.
Official Statement: Admit Card for AFCAT 02/2022 is available for download through Candidate Login from 10 Aug 2022 (11:00 AM) onward. Please verify the details, read the instructions which are to be strictly adhered to, and carry a printout copy of the Admit Card along with other mandatory documents to the allotted exam centre as per the scheduled date and time, as given in the Admit Card.
How to download IAF AFCAT admit card 2022:
- Visit the official website afcat.cdac.in/AFCAT/
- On the homepage, click on “AFCAT 02/2022 – CYCLE” under the candidate’s Login tab.
- Key in your login details and submit.
- Check and download the admit card.
- Take a printout for future reference
About IAF AFCAT Exam
AFCAT is an exam that can give you wings! All of you who have the dream of working between the sprawling jets can turn this dream into reality through this exam. Air Force Common Admission Test is a written exam conducted by Indian Air Force twice every year to induct officers in the IAF. The written exam is followed by Air Force Selection Board Interview for shortlisted candidates.
What are the options through AFCAT?
Through AFCAT you can apply for all the three branches of the IAF which are Flying Branch, Technical Branch and Ground Duty Branches. The eligibility criteria for different branches vary. Both men and women can apply for all the three branches. While for women there is short service commission only in all the three branches, for men there is Permanent as well as Short Service Commission for men. However for Flying Branch only Short Service Commission is there through AFCAT. Thus if you clear the written exam and then clear the AFSB also then you have a chance of joining the Air Force Academy.
AFCAT exam details
AFCAT exam was started in 2011 as an OMR sheet based paper. In 2019, AFCAT exam went online and many candidates attempted the AFCAT online across the country. The written exam is an exam of 2 hour duration. It consists of 100 questions and each question carries 3 marks. Thus for every correct answer a candidate gets 3 marks, for every wrong answer one mark is deducted and there is no marking for any question left blank. The paper consists a mix of variety of fields. There are questions from Current Affairs, Math, Reasoning, English, History, Geography, Science, Polity, Economics etc. After the written exam the results are declared and a cut off is fixed. Candidates scoring above the cutoff are called for AFSB interview. This interview is a personality test conducted for duration of 6 days. This personality test is conducted in two stages and consists of tests like Intelligence test, Psychological Tests, Group Tasks and personal interview. Further details on AFSB are beyond the scope here and you can always follow of our SSBCrack for further details on AFSB and SSB.
- Flying Branch –Age should lay between to 23 years at the time of course commencement. The candidate must be a Graduate (Minimum three year degree course) in any discipline from a recognized University who have attained minimum 60% marks in aggregate in all papers put together and have passed Maths and Physics at 10+2 level OR BE / B Tech degree (Four year course) from a recognized University with minimum 60% marks in aggregate in all papers put together.
- Technical Branch- The age must lay between 18 to 28 years at the time of course commencement. For details on education candidates can refer to the advertisement.
- Ground Duty Branch-The age must lie between 20-23 years for Graduates, 20-25 years for Post Graduates, 20-26 years for LLB (Three year course after graduation) and 20-27 years for M.Ed/PhD/CA/ICWA. For details on education qualification you can refer to the official advertisement.