Summary of Works.
|S/No||Items||A/U||Achievement upto Nov 2020|
|(a)||Formation Works||Km Eqvt Cl 9||1192.84|
|(b)||Surfacing works||Km Eqvt Cl 9||2340.67|
2. Completion of Strategically Important Roads. The following strategically importantroads have been completed during this period.
|(iv)||Poari-Pooh||56 Kms||Himachal Pradesh|
|(v)||Tato-Manigong-Tadagade||85.98 Kms||Arunachal Pradesh|
|(vi)||Mahe-Chusul||77.63 Kms||Ladakh Union Territory|
3. Connectivity of L-D-Y Rd.Connectivity of strategically important 52 km Lungro GG-Yangtse Road was made through most uncongenial, stiff hilly terrain with steep gradient in remote High-Altitude Area in Arunachal Pradesh in the AoR of Project Vartak.Road was made open for traffic on 23 Oct 2020.
4. Sela Tunnel.Work on Sela Tunnel on road to Tawang is in full swing &is likely to be completed in Nov 2022. Tunnel will reduce road length by 9.24 Km.
5. Brahmaputra Tunnel.Construction of Brahmaputra Tunnel (under water) of length 12.30 Km has been conceived to achieve connectivity between North and South bank of Brahmaputra River. The contract for preparation of DPR has been awarded on 03 Jul 2020. DPR for construction of Brahmaputra Tunnel is likely to be completed by Sep 2021.
6. Connectivity Restoration through
(a) BRO restored the connectivity through an alternate bridge for traffic on Munsiyari-Milam road in Pithoragarh District of Uttarakhand State on 27 Jun 2020.
(b) BRO restored the connectivity through a main bridge over Sikam Sibu stream on the Aalo-Menchuka road in Shi-Yomi District of Arunachal Pradesh State on 29 Jun 2020 as the original bridge was washed away in Jun due to heavy landslides thereby snapping the surface communication of the newly created District from the rest of the State.
7. Outsourcing of Works. Adoption of Engineering Procurement Construction (EPC) mode of execution has been approved by Ministry of Defence D (BR-I) on 29 Aug 2017. Accordingly, outsourcing of 42 road stretches through EPC mode of execution has been identified. Progress of contract action for preparation of DPR is as under:-
|S/No||Description||Status as on30 Nov 2020|
|(i)||Tender Accepted for Preparation of DPR||42|
|(ii)||Tender under process for Preparation of DPR||–|
(a) GS/MOD Works. Details of civil work awarded is as follows:-
|SN||Name of Road & Stretch||Length (in Km)|
|1||Sela Tunnel & Approach Road on B-C-T Road Km 229 to Km 247.60||Tunnel-2.265 & Approach Rd-9.775|
|2||Impvt of Balipara-Charduar-Tawang from Cl-9 to NHDL Km 70.00 to Km 88.00||18|
|3||Construction of / Up-gradation of road Barmer-Chautan-Kelnor to NHDL specifications between Km 8.15 to Km 72.50 awarded on 06 Aug 2020.||64.35|
|4||Construction / Up-gradation of road Rajauri- Thanamandi-Surankot to NHDL specification between Km 3.900 to Km 56.951 of length 53.951 Km (Design Chain-age 3.900 to 59.420 of length 55.52 Km) awarded on 22 Oct 2020.||55.52|
(b) MORT&H Works.
(i) Works through EPC mode for total of 155 Km (10 stretches) on Chardham Yatra Projects on Road Joshimath-Mana, Rishikesh –Dharasu and Dharasu –Gangotri Roads for Rs 1233.28 Cr is under progress.
(ii) Works through EPC mode for up-gradation of road Akhnoor-Poonch from Km 74.350 to Km 90.150 to National Highway Double lane (NHDL) specs with paved shoulders for Rs 63.15 Cr has been awarded on 04 Feb 2020 and work has started.
8. Commencement of Work of Nechiphu Tunnel. Work on 450 mtr long Nechiphu tunnel has commenced. The foundation stone was laid by Hon’ble Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh through video conference on 12 Oct 2020.
9. Opening of Important Passes. Snow clearance works were carried out by BRO during the nationwide lock down across the country. In spite of record snowfall, dedicated effort, advance planning, optimum deployment of resources, use of modern equipments and high level of motivation ensured that important passes were opened well before the average opening dates each year. Status of opening of important passes is as under:-
10. Rescue Operation. On 28 Nov 2020, a SUV with six passengers got stuck at Zojila Pass due to snow avalanche on Srinagar- Kargil – Leh Road. Portion of the Car could be partially seen stuck in the snow. Personnel of Project Beacon rescued the stranded passenger on same day and saved six lives. Vehicles were also evacuated from the avalanche spot and the road was opened for traffic.
11. Completion /Inauguration of Roads, Bridges and Tunnels.
(a) Inauguration of the Link Road to Mansarovar Yatra.The ongoing work on the Ghatibagarh-Lipulekh as part of the MansarovarYatra Route was affected due to COVID-19 lockdown. Required permission was obtained from the State Govt to recommence the work as it is critical to complete formation cutting before the monsoons. Resources were mobilised and concentrated efforts to undertake formation cutting works was undertaken. This achieved initial connectivity of the road on 17 Apr 2020. Hon’ble Defence Minister Shri Rajnath Singh inaugurated the Link road to Kailash Mansarovar Yatra (such road connected Kailash Mansarovar route to Lipulekh pass) via video conferencing on 08 May 2020.
(b) Tawang Chhu and Sukha bridge. Hon’ble Chief Minister of Arunachal Pradesh Shri Pema Khandu dedicated 50 mtr Tawang Chhu bridge over TawangChhu river in Tawang District and 45 mtr Sukha Bridge over Sukha Nallah in West Kameng District on 23 May 2020.
(d) Breakthrough of Chamba Tunnel.Hon’ble Union Minister Shri Nitin Gadkari witnessed the breakthrough event of Chamba Tunnel underneath busy Chamba town on Rishikesh-Dharasu road via video conference on 26 May 2020.
(d) Puneja and Devika Bridge. Hon’ble Union Minister Shri Jitendra Singh inaugurated 50 mtr Puneja Bridge in Doda District and 10 mtr Devika Bridge over river Devika in Udhampur District via video conferencing on 24 Jun 2020. These strategic bridges will help in smooth passage of Army convoys and vehicles.
(e) Inauguration of “Atal Tunnel, Rohtang”. World’s highest tunnel of length 9.02 Km above 10,000 feet was dedicated to Nation by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi on 03 Oct 2020.
(f) Inauguration of 44 Bridges. Raksha Mantri, Shri Rajnath Singh, dedicated to the Nation, 44 bridges of length 3506 meter spread in seven States and union territories through video conference on 12 Oct 2020. The State wise details are as under:-
|S/No||State||No of bridges||Total length of bridges (Mtr)|
|(b)||Jammu & Kashmir (UT)||10||947|
(g) Gangtok-Nathula Alternative Alignment Road. Road Gangtok-Nathula alternative alignment from Km 0.00 to Km 19.35 in Sikkim State has been dedicated to the Nation by Hon/ble Raksha Mantri on 25 Oct 2020.