Daily Defence Current Affairs 19 January 2022
Netaji’s Birth Anniversary to Now Be Part of Republic Day Celebrations
- Republic Day celebrations from this year will start on January 23 instead of January 24 to include the birth anniversary of Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose, in line with the Prime Minister Narendra Modi government’s “focus to commemorate important aspects of our history and culture”.
- Last year, the central government announced that January 23 will be celebrated as Parakram Diwas or day of valour.
Lt Gen Manoj Pande Appointed as Next Army Vice Chief
- The Government on Tuesday approved the proposal for the appointment of Eastern Army Commander Lieutenant General Manoj Pande as the next Vice Chief of Army Staff.
- General Pande would be the successor to Lt Gen CP Mohanty who is scheduled to superannuate on January 31.
- General Pande was commissioned into the Corps of Engineers (The Bombay Sappers) in December 1982.
3 Navy Personnel Killed in Explosion Onboard INS Ranvir At Mumbai Dockyard
- Three Navy personnel were killed & 11 injured in an explosion onboard the Indian Naval Ship (INS) Ranvir at the Naval dockyard in Mumbai on Tuesday.
- A Board of inquiry has been ordered to investigate the cause of this incident, it noted.
- About INS Rajput: INS Ranvir is the fourth of the five Rajput-class destroyers built for the Indian Navy. Ranvir was commissioned on 28 October 1986.
SC Asks Centre to Explain Fixing Number Of Women Candidates At 19 In NDA For 2022 Exam
- The Supreme Court Tuesday asked the Centre to explain why, despite its orders, the intake of women candidates in National Defence Academy (NDA) for the year 2022 has been restricted to 19, the figure same as last year.
- 19 seats cannot be for all times to come. It was only an ad hoc measure,” the bench said.
- NDA examination 2021, for entrance tests for RIMC & for Rashtriya Military School question is asked by SC.
Beating Retreat Ceremony to have show Of nearly 1,000 Drones By IIT-Delhi Startup
- The annual Beating the Retreat ceremony, which takes place in the national capital on January 29, will have a show of nearly 1,000 drones by an IIT-Delhi-based startup to commemorate 75 years of the country’s independence.
- India will be the fourth country to conduct a drone show of this size after China, Russia, and the United States.
- Who will be the Indian Army’s new VCOAS?
- Manoj Pande
- Yogesh Kumar Joshi
- Chandi Prasad Mohanty
- Manoj Mukund Naravane
- 1,000 drones by an ___based startup will participate in RD Parade.
- IIT- Mumbai
- IIT- Chennai
- IIT- Kanpur
- College of Defence Management located at__
- Which of the following organizations has Sarvatra Sarvottam Suraksha as its slogan?
- Border Security Force
- Sikh Light Infantry
- Indian Air Force
- National Security Guard
- At which of the following places is the Heavy Vehicles Factory located?
- 24 Paraganas
- Rear-Admiral of the Indian Navy is equivalent to the which rank of the IAF?
- Group Captain
- Air Vice Marshal
- Which of the following is India’s first indigenously developed nuclear-powered submarine?
- INS Vikrant
- INS Trikhand
- INS Arihant
- INS Sindhurakshak
- Which of the following corps deals with the supply of weaponry and ammunition to the Indian Army?
- Army Ordnance Corps
- Armoured Corps
- Army Supply Corps
- Corps of EME
- Daulat Beg Oldie, a well-known airstrip for the supply of provisions to the armed forces is in
- Arunachal Pradesh
- Andaman Islands
- Dhanush, a missile inducted into the Indian Navy
- is a customized and naval variant of Prithvi missile
- has a range of 700 km
- can be launched from an aircraft
- cannot carry nuclear warheads