Today 91 Young Parachute Regiment Soldier Recruits were attested after the successful completion of their training at Parachute Regiment Training Centre, Bangalore.
We welcome these valiant Young Soldiers to the Indian Army.
SELECTION PROCEDURE FOR PARA & PARA (SF)
- Parachute Regiment consists of PARA and PARA (SF) Battalions, which are the elite volunteer force of Indian Army. The Regiment has the honour of being conferred the ‘Bravest of the Brave’ distinction.
- Job Profile. During operations, soldiers of PARA and PARA (SF) Regiments are assigned with the tasks, which are of special nature and demand very high standards of physical fitness and mental robustness. Upon joining the service and for carrying out the special tasks, they are required to undergo Specialization Training at the respective battalions after clearing their probation and based on their aptitude, they may undergo specialization training in any of the following :-
- Combat Free Fall.
- Under Water Diving.
- Paramotor Pilot.
- IGLA and A/Tk Missile Pilot.
- Rock Craft and Ice Craft.
- Elite Status. The Paratroopers by virtue of the tough selection, rigorous training and continuous deployment/ preparation are given the elite status throughout the Indian Army. Wearing the maroon beret distinguishes them from the rest and is a recognition of the ELITE across all armies of the world.
- Monetary Benefits. Over and above the standard Army allowances which are authorised depending on the sector where an individual serves, a Sepoy rank soldier in the Special Forces unit will get Rs. 17,300/- per month as Special Forces Allowance and Rs. 6000/- per month in Para Battalion as Para Pay.
- Exposure with Foreign Armies. Being in the PARA/ PARA (SF), generally an individual gets an exposure of serving / training with foreign Armies.
- A Complete Soldier in PARA Regiment. Serving in the PARA/ PARA (SF), each indl can be termed as complete soldier as he has a sound working knowledge and advanced knowledge on one or more of the following skills:
- First Aid & Trauma Mgt
- Combat Survival
- Weapon incl Sniping
- Unarmed Combat & PTKE
- A Philippians Martial Art
- language Skills & Cultural Skills
- Selection Process for Recruitment into PARA Regtiment. With a view to recruit motivated and volunteer soldiers into the PARA Regt, following process would be followed with immediate affect :-
- Successful and eligible candidates ie. those attaining 100% marks in Physical Fitness tests and 50% marks in Written Test and are in merit will be asked to exercise an option of joining the ELITE PARA Regt by AROs just prior to their despatch. These volunteers candidates will be subjected to additional tests for selection for PARA Regt.
- These candidates who have exercised the option of joining the PARA Regt will have the assurance of joining the already allotted Parent Regt if they fail to qualify in the special screening tests for PARA Regiment.
- Volunteers will be subjected to special tests as stated below:-
|Physical Test||Test||Std (Candidates have to achieve these stds to qualify)|
|1.||5 Km Run||20 Mins|
|3.||Push Up||40 reps in 1 Min|
|4.||Sit Up||80 reps in 2 Mins|
|5.||Mtr Shuttle||17 times in 01 Min|
- The selected candidates will be dispatched to PRTC. In case the selected candidates are not able to meet requisite trg stds at PRTC, they will be transferred to the parent Regt for further trg.
- The above mentioned tests will be conducted by the Bd of Offrs of the PRTC at the ARO location/station.
- Since 15 January 1992, the Parachute Regiment Training Centre along with the Records and PAO(OR) moved to Bengaluru and occupied the erstwhile location of the Pioneer Corps and Training Centre.
- These are broad guidelines and will be refined once the process is set into motion.