Indian Air Force AFCAT aspirants who are looking forward to the upcoming AFCAT 1 2022 and AFCAT 2 2022 examinations can check the age limits for AFCAT 2022 here. The age limit factor is very important to decide if you will be eligible for the upcoming AFCAT exam or not. As per the trends, there is a possibility AFCAT 1 2022 exam will be conducted on 12, 13, and 14 Feb 2022 and AFCAT 2 2022 exam will be conducted in Aug 2022. Below you can find the important details related to AFCAT 2022 exams.
Update: Indian Air Force invites Indian citizens (Men and Women) to be part of this elite force as Group A Gazetted Officers in Flying and Ground Duty (Technical and Non-Technical) branches. Online AFCAT 2 2022 examination will be conducted on 26 Aug 22, 27 Aug 22 and 28 Aug 22.
Aspirants who want to join the Indian air force flying branch, technical branch and GDOC, can apply for AFCAT Exam 2022 in December this year. The AFCAT Exam 2022 is the best way to join the Indian air force and it is conducted only by CDAC on behalf of the Indian Air Force across many online exam centers.
AFCAT Exam 2022 Study Materials:
- AFCAT Exam Online Course by SSBCrackExams
- AFCAT Exam Mock Tests 20 Tests
- SSB Interview Online Course [Must Enroll]
AFCAT 1 2022 Exam Age Limits:
|Flying||Born between 02 Jan 1999 to 01 Jan 2003. (both dates inclusive)|
|Ground Duty Technical||Born between 02 Jan 1997 to 01 Jan 2003 (both dates inclusive)|
|Ground Duty Non-Technical||Born between 02 Jan 1997 to 01 Jan 2003 (both dates inclusive)|
AFCAT 2 2022 Exam Age Limits:
|Flying||Born between 02 July 1999 to 01 July 2003. (both dates inclusive)|
|Ground Duty Technical||Born between 02 July 1997 to 01 July 2003 (both dates inclusive)|
|Ground Duty Non-Technical||Born between 02 July 1997 to 01 July 2003 (both dates inclusive)|
AFCAT Exam 2022 Educational Qualification:
|Flying||A graduate candidate with minimum 60% marks and must have scored minimum 50%marks in Maths and Physics in 10+2 in 12th standard. B.Tech/ B.E candidates who have scored minimum 60% marks and have scored 60% marks in maths and physics in 10+2 in 12th standard are also eligible for it.|
|Ground Duty Technical||The candidate must have B.Tech/ B.E degree in notified streams as mentioned in the official notification of the IAF with minimum 60% marks and have scored minimum 50% marks in Physics and Maths in 10+2 standard are eligible for technical entry.|
|Ground Duty Non-Technical||Administration and Logistics – Graduation degree with minimum 60% marks or equivalent.|
Accounts – B.Com Degree with minimum 60% marks or equivalent.
Education – Post graduate degree (MBA / MCA or MA / M Sc degree in English / Physics / Mathematics / Chemistry / Statistics / International relations / International Studies / Defence Studies / Psychology / Computer Science / IT /Management / Mass Communication / Journalism / Public Relation) with minimum 50% marks, along with minimum 60% marks in graduation.
AFCAT Exam 2022 **Tentative Exam Dates:
|AFCAT Events||AFCAT 1 2022||AFCAT 2 2022|
|AFCAT Notification Date||December 2021||June 2022|
|AFCAT Online Application Date||December 2021||June 2022|
|AFCAT Application Last date||December 2021||June 2022|
|AFCAT Admit Card date||January 2022||2 weeks before the exam date|
|AFCAT Exam date||February 2022||26 Aug 22, 27 Aug 22, and 28 Aug 22.|
|AFCAT Result date declaration||March 2022||September 2022|
AFCAT 2022 Type of Commission:
- Permanent Commission (PC) for Men: Candidates joining as PC officers would continue to serve till the age of superannuation in their respective branches as per their rank.
- Short Service Commission (SSC) for Men & Women: (i) The engagement period for Flying Branch (Men and Women) SSC Officers is fourteen years from the date of Commissioning (Non extendable). (ii) The initial tenure for Ground Duty (Technical & Non-Technical) SSC Officers would be for a period of ten years. An extension of four years may be granted subject to service requirements, availability of vacancies, willingness, suitability and merit. (iii) Grant of Permanent Commission (PC) would be considered subject to service requirements, availability of vacancies, willingness, suitability and merit.
AFCAT 2022 Selection Procedure
- Indian airforce will conduct the AFCAT online exam across the country at different test centers. AFCAT 1 2022 online exam will be conducted around Feb 2022.
- IAF will publish the results of AFCAT 1 2022 near April 2022 and candidates will be able to check their marks, cut off marks etc on the official portal i.e. afcat.cdac.in
- Selected candidates have to choose their AFSB interview venue and date on the same portal.
- The screening test is the first stage of the interview, which consists of verbal, nonverbal tests and a PPDT test. The selected candidates will stay at the centres for further selection tests and those who could not qualify it, would be set free on the same day.
- The next stage consists of a personal interview, Psychology and GTO tests, PABT (for flying only), on the last day conference will be conducted after which, the final result is announced. The selected candidates are sent for medical examination.
Syllabus of the AFCAT Exam 2022
- English: Comprehension, Error Detection, Sentence Completion/Filling in of correct word, Synonyms, Antonyms and Testing of Vocabulary, Idioms and Phrases
- General Awareness: History, Geography, Civics, Politics, Current Affairs, Environment, Basic Science, Defence, Art, Culture, Sports, etc
- Numerical Ability: Decimal Fraction, Time and Work, Average, Profit & Loss, Percentage, Ratio & Proportion and Simple Interest, Time & Distance (Trains/Boats & Streams)
- Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test: Verbal Skills and Spatial Ability
(a) General Awareness
- Basic Science
- Current Affairs
(b) Verbal Ability in English
- Error Detection
- Sentence Completion
- Testing of Vocabulary
(c) Numerical Ability
- Decimal Fraction
- Profit & loss
- Ratio & Proportion
- Simple Interest
(d) Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test
- Verbal Skills
- Spatial Ability
AFCAT Exam 2022 Marking Scheme:
- Three marks will be awarded for every correct answer.
- One mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer.
- No marks for unattempted questions.