The Indian Air Force is the prestigious arm of Indian Defence Services. Being a part of the IAF is a matter of great pride. The Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT) is a national level exam conducted by the Indian Air Force to select candidates for Class-1 Gazetted Officers in Flying and Ground Duties (Technical and Non-Technical). The exam is conducted two times a year.
Indian Air Force has published the short notification of AFCAT 1 2022. The AFCAT 1 2022 registrations will start from 01 Dec 2021 and ends on 30 Dec 2021. Many Indian Air Force and AFCAT aspirants who are preparing for the AFCAT 1 2022 written exam and SSB interview are eagerly waiting for the AFCAT 1 2022 notification and exam date.
As per the official notification of AFCAT 1 2022 published on 01 Dec 2021, AFCAT 1 2022 online written exam will be conducted on 12 Feb 22, 13 Feb 22, and 14 Feb 2022. Candidates will get their AFCAT exam date from one of these three dates. Each day there will be two shifts i.e. 1st shift and 2nd shift. Reporting time for Shift-1 is 07:30 hours and for Shift-2 it is 12:30 hours. Below you can check the details AFCAT 1 2022 shift timings for shift 1 and 2. Both AFCAT and EKT 2022 exam timings are given below in detail.
Due to the global pandemic, the AFCAT exam 2021 was postponed and took place on the dates prescribed by the IAF. But the Air Force Authority is scheduled to release the AFCAT exam 2022 notification soon. However, the tentative dates for the AFCAT exam have been announced by the IAF.
Around 4 lakh candidates appear for the AFCAT exam every year. Out of which only 10000 can make it to the selection list. It simply means that AFCAT is not an easy exam and hence candidates should have a good preparation before appearing for the exam.
Here, we are going to discuss the AFCAT Syllabus & Exam Pattern 2022.
Candidates can go through it and create their framework for the preparation of the upcoming AFCAT exam 2022.
AFCAT exam 2022 Syllabus
The Air Force Authority is scheduled to release the AFCAT 2022 notification soon on the official website of the Indian Air Force. However, we can look at the previous year notification to get an idea of the AFCAT syllabus.
The AFCAT exam paper consists of subjects like General Awareness, verbal ability, reasoning and mathematics. Whereas the EKT consists of topics like Mechanical, Computer Science etc., the total number of questions for the AFCAT is 100 which can award a candidate total marks of 300. EKT has 50 questions out of a total of 150 marks.
Here, we have given a table of the AFCAT exam syllabus for the candidates to understand easily. Go through this table carefully.
|AFCAT||General Awareness, Verbal Ability in English, Numerical Ability and Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test||300|
|EKT [For aspirants with one of the choices as (Technical) Branch]||Mechanical, Computer Science and Electrical & Electronics||150|
The subject wise topic as per the previous year notification for the AFCAT exam is written below:-
- English:- Comprehension, Error Detection, Sentence Completion/ Filling in of correct word, Synonyms, Antonyms and Testing of Vocabulary, Idioms and Phrases.
- General Awareness:- History, Geography, Civics, Politics, Current Affairs, Environment, Basic Science, Defence, Art, Culture, Sports, etc.
- Numerical Ability:- Decimal Fraction, Time and Work, Average, Profit & Loss, Percentage, Ratio & Proportion and Simple Interest, Time & Distance (Trains/Boats & Streams).
- Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test:- Verbal Skills and Spatial Ability.
AFCAT Exam 2022 – Question Standard
- The standard of Numerical Ability Questions will be of Matriculation level.
- The standard of questions in other subjects will be of graduation level (Indian University).
AFCAT Exam Pattern 2022
Exam Pattern is one of the most important things that candidates must be aware of before appearing for the AFCAT exam. The exam pattern consists of the marking scheme, no. of questions, the total time allotted etc., to score better on the FACT exam, candidates must go through the AFCAT exam pattern carefully. The AFCAT exam pattern 2022 is given in the tabular form below for the candidates for better comprehension.
|Exam||Duration||No. of Questions||Max Marks|
|EKT [For aspirants with one of the choices as (Technical) Branch]||45 Minutes||50||150|
- The question paper would be an objective type.
- The paper for AFCAT and EKT will be in English medium only.
- Three marks will be awarded for every correct answer.
- One mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer.
- No marks for unattempted questions
How To Prepare For AFCAT 1 20222 Exam Online
- Serious defence aspirants can join our full AFCAT online course, the course is specially designed for the AFCAT aspirants that will help them to score better marks in the AFCAT 1 2022 exam.
- Our AFCAT 2022 Online course covers the detailed syllabus for Numerical Ability, English, GK, Reasoning and Military Aptitude for the online exam. It also covers AFCAT mock tests for better practice.
AFCAT Exam Preparation Tips
The AFCAT exam is undoubtedly one of the most difficult defence exams in India. A lot of candidates crack this exam with their hard work and determination. Overall, good preparation is very important to crack the AFCAT exam. Some preparation tips can help the candidates to prepare well for the AFCAT exam 2022. The preparation tips are as follows:-
- Timetable:- a good timetable helps in time management. The candidates preparing for the AFCAT exam 2022 must make a realistic timetable to manage their precious time. This will help in managing the work and daily routine efficiently.
- Previous year Papers:- The candidates preparing for the AFCAT exam 2022 must solve at least 10-15 AFCAT previous year question papers. This will help candidates in getting command over the AFCAT question paper pattern.
- Mock Tests:- Mock tests will help the candidates in finding their lowest and highest points of preparation for the AFCAT exam. It will also help the candidates, in practice. So, solving mock test papers can help a lot to the candidates who are preparing for the AFCAT exam.
- Online coaching:- self-preparation can be a way for self-reliant candidates. But for those candidates who need guidance at an affordable price, can choose online coaching. SSBCrackExams is the most trusted defence portal that helps defence aspirants by providing online courses. The candidates can join the AFCAT course to prepare for the AFCAT exam 2022.
- Use stopwatch:- Time holds an unimportant place in the AFCAT exam. This means that the candidates must be able to solve the question paper problems in the desired prescribed time. So for this, the candidates can use a stopwatch while practising the Previous Year Question Papers and Mock Test Papers. This will help the candidate in time management during the actual AFCAT exam.
In the above article, we have discussed the AFCAT syllabus and exam pattern. We also read preparation tips for the AFCAT exam, we also provided the list of important and most prescribed books for the candidates to prepare well for the upcoming AFCAT exam 2022.
The AFCAT exam is undoubtedly one of the toughest defence exams in India, which sees lakhs of aspirants every year. But this exam can be cracked by determination, persistence and hard work. The candidates who are willing to sacrifice their comfort zone for this exam will have the potential to crack the AFCAT exam.
If you have any doubts or questions regarding the AFCAT exam or any other defence-related exam, then do email us your query/ questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 080-69185400. SSBCrackExams wish all aspiring candidates a very all the best for the AFCAT exam 2022.
If you are preparing for the AFCAT 1 2022 written exam and SSB interview, you can check SSBCrackExams online courses and mock tests.