- India aims to buy Integrated Air Defence Weapon System (IADWS) from the US in order to modernize its armed forces. Trump administration approved the possible sale before his expected visit to India. It will help India to counter threats posed by air attacks. The IADWS includes Air Defence Weapon System, AMRAAM Missiles, NASAMS-II, surface to air missiles, radars, etc.
- The International Day of Women and Girls in Science is being observed by the United Nations on February 11 every year. The Organization passed a resolution to observe the day in order to recognize the role played by girls and women in science and technology.
- Theme: Investment in Women and Girls in Science for Inclusive Green Growth
- The National Disaster Response Force of Government of India is to host the second BIMSTEC Disaster Management Exercise-2020 (BIMSTEC DMEx-2020). The exercise is to be held in Bhubaneswar, Odisha between February 11, 2020 and February 13, 2020.
- Theme: A Cultural Heritage Site that suffers severe damage in the Earthquake and Flooding or Storm
- According to Ministry of heavy industry and public enterprise’s “Public Enterprises Survey 2018-19”, which measures the annual economic condition of all central PSUs(public sector undertakings), ONGC(Oil and Natural Gas Corporation), Indian Oil Corporation(IOC) and NTPC(formerly known as National Thermal Power Corporation Limited) were the top three PSUs with profits in 2018-19
- Storm Ciarais an active extratropical cyclone, and the third named storm of the 2019–20 Ireland, Netherlands and UK windstorm season. Ciara brought heavy rain and severe winds across much of the United Kingdom, Ireland, Sweden and other northern regions in Europe.
- On February 11, 2020, Indian
professional hockey player Lal remsiami (19) from Mizoram was
voted the best FIH(International Hockey Federation) Women’s Rising Star of
the Year 2019.
At the same time, Indian team’s midfielder Vivek Sagar Prasad (19) was selected as the best FIH Men’s Rising Star of the Year 2019.
- On February 10, 2020 Kanwar Pal, Haryana education minister, launched ‘Reading Mission- Haryana’ to inculcate reading habits among students.
- The Competition Commission of India (CCI) approves formation of a joint venture between Mahindra & Mahindra and Ford Motor and the transfer of the automotive business of Ford India to the joint venture.
- Pullela Gopichand, the Chief National coach for the Indian Badminton team has received the International Olympic Committee’s (IOC) Coaches Lifetime Achievement Award in Male Category of the year 2019 on the 3rd edition of International Olympics Committee Annual Awards, He is the 1st Indian coach to be Honoured with this Lifetime award by the Olympics Committee.
- Australia were awarded the ICC (International Cricket Council) Women’s Championship trophy 2020, which they maintained by winning victories in the eight-team one-day championship between 2017 and 2020. The ICC Women’s Championship has given hosts New Zealand and four top teams a direct place in the World Cup 2021, Australia now qualified.
- UDAN 4.0- Aim to connect priority regions (North Eastern Region, Hilly States, Jammu Kashmir, Ladakh, and Islands) for the Common People.
- The command of the Eastern Fleet was handed over to Rear Admiral Sanjay Vatsayan, NM by Rear Admiral Suraj Berry, AVSM, NM, VSM during an impressive Ceremony at Visakhapatnam on 10 Feb 20. The Eastern Fleet comprising of frontline warships of the Indian Navy are deployed across the indo-pacific region to safeguard the nation’s maritime interest.