What is Solar Charkha Mission?
- Launched in 2018.
- It is a Ministry of Micro Small & Medium Enterprises (MSME) initiative.
- Implemented by The Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC).
- The Solar Charkha Mission is an enterprise driven scheme and envisages setting up of ‘Solar Charkha Clusters’ which will have 200 to 2042 beneficiaries (Spinners, Weavers, Stitchers and other skilled artisans).
- These solar charkhas are to be operated using solar power which is a renewable energy source.
- To ensure inclusive growth by generation of employment, especially for women and youth, and sustainable development through solar charkha clusters in rural areas.
- To boost rural economy and help in arresting migration from rural to urban areas.
- To leverage low-cost, innovative technologies and processes for sustenance.
Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana
- Prime Minister launched PM Matsya Sampada Yojana, e-Gopala App & several initiatives linked to studies and research in fisheries production, dairy, animal husbandry and agriculture in Bihar through video conferencing.
- PMMSY is a flagship scheme for focused and sustainable development of the fisheries sector in the country as a part of the Aatmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan.
- Launched in 21 States of the country with an investment of Rs 20,000 Crores
- Which would be spent in the next 4-5 Years.
- New infrastructure, modern equipment and access to new markets to the fish producers.
- Double fish exports in the coming 3-4 years
- Create millions of new employment opportunities only in the fisheries sector.
- Adopt ‘Cluster or Area-based Approaches’ and create fisheries clusters
- Consolidate the achievements of the blue revolution and bring new interventions such as fishing vessel insurance, support for new/up-gradation of fishing vessels/boats, integrated aqua parks, e-trading/marketing, etc.
- e-Gopala App:
- The e-Gopala will be an online digital medium that will help the farmers to choose better quality livestock and get freedom from middlemen.
- This app will give all the information related to cattle care, from productivity, to its health and diet.
- Will manage livestock including buying and selling of disease-free germplasm in all forms (semen, embryos, etc.).
- Other initiatives:
- Establishment of Fish Brood Bank at Sitamarhi.
- Aquatic Disease Referral Laboratory at Kishanganj.
- One-unit fish feed mill at Madhepura and two units of ‘Fish on Wheels’ assisted at Patna under Blue Revolution.
- Comprehensive Fish Production Technology Centre at Dr. Rajendra Prasad Central Agricultural University, Pusa, Bihar.
India Post launches Five Star Villages Scheme
- The Department of Posts has launched a scheme called Five Star Villages.
- Scheme is to ensure universal coverage of flagship postal schemes in rural areas of the country.
- The scheme seeks to bridge the gaps in public awareness and reach of postal products and services, especially in interior villages.
- Various Postal Schemes:
- Savings Bank (SB/RD/TD/MIS or NSC/KVP)
- Sukanya Samruddhi Account/PPF Account
- Funded POSA linked IPPB Account
- Postal Life Insurance/ Rural Postal Life Insurance Policy
- Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana / Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana
- All postal products and services will be made available and marketed and publicized at village level.
- If a village attains universal coverage for four schemes from the list, then that village gets four-star status; if a village completes three schemes, then that village get three-star status and so on.
AIM Launches Aatmanirbhar Bharat ARISE-ANIC Initiative
- Atal Innovation Mission (AIM), NITI Aayog, has launched Aatmanirbhar Bharat ARISE-Atal New India Challenges.
- Aim: To spur applied research and innovation in Indian MSMEs and startups.
- The programme will be driven by Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO), four ministries—Ministry of Defence; Ministry of Food Processing Industries; Ministry of Health and Family Welfare; and Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
- It will support deserving applied research–based innovations by providing funding support of up to Rs 50 lakh for speedy development of the proposed technology solution and/or product.
17th SCO Culture Ministers Meet
- Union Minister of State for Culture and Tourism Shri Prahlad Singh Patel, participated in the 17th Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) Culture Ministers’ Meeting.
- Meet focused on the role and place of culture during the global epidemiological crisis and on the prospects for developing multilateral cultural cooperation within the SCO.
- National Museum of India is in process of organizing the first SCO Exhibition on Shared Buddhist Heritage this year.
- Sahitya Akademi is translating ten Indian literary works into the SCO languages Russian and Chinese with the objective of sharing Indian literature with SCO nations
- India supports the proposal of declaring 2021 the Year of Culture of the SCO to celebrate 20th anniversary of the SCO
- Shanghai Cooperation Organization
- SCO is a permanent intergovernmental international organisation.
- It was created in 2001.
- Headquarters: Beijing, China
- The SCO’s official languages are Russian and Chinese.
- SCO comprises eight member states, namely the Republic of India, the Republic of Kazakhstan, the People’s Republic of China, the Kyrgyz Republic, the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, the Russian Federation, the Republic of Tajikistan, and the Republic of Uzbekistan;
Current COVID19 Situation in India
Pradhan Mantri Matsya Sampada Yojana will focus on:
- None of the above
Answer – A
Aatmanirbhar Bharat ARISE-ANIC Initiative will not be driven by:
- Ministry of Defence
- Ministry of Food Processing Industries
- Ministry of Information and technology
Answer – D
Where is the headquarter of Shanghai Cooperation Organization?
- New Delhi
Answer – B
Question of the Day
What is the Shangri-La Dialogue?
Answer in next session…