What is Swamitva scheme?
- Survey of Villages and Mapping with Improvised Technology in Village Areas
- Launched by Ministry of Rural Development & Panchayati Raj.
- On National Panchayati Raj Day – April 24.
- Aim: To provide an integrated property validation solution for rural India.
- The residential land in villages will be measured using drones to create a non-disputable record.
- Property card for every property in the village will be prepared by states using accurate measurements delivered by drone-mapping.
- These cards will be given to property owners.
- Benefits of the scheme:
- It will help in streamlining planning and revenue collection.
- Better-quality Gram Panchayat Development Plans (GPDPs).
- The accurate property records can be used for facilitating tax collection, new building and structure plan, issuing of permit etc.
- Today, Home Minister Amit Shah will launch “Vriksharopan Abhiyan”.
- The scheme will focus on creating green spaces by planting tree saplings in mined out areas.
- Vriksharopan Abhiyan will be organized by Ministry of Coal involving all Coal/Lignite PSUs today.
- During this large-scale plantation would be carried out in mines, colonies, offices and other suitable areas of Coal/Lignite PSUs and seedlings will be distributed in the nearby areas for promoting plantation by the society.
- Going Green is the key thrust area of coal sector, It involves maximization of green cover through ecological reclamation
- The Ministry of Health and Family Welfare [MoHFW] commissioned a sero-surveillance study in Delhi.
- Survey is done by the National Center for Disease Control [ NCDC] in collaboration with Govt of National Capital Territory of Delhi, following a rigorous multi-stage sampling study design.
- What is a serological survey?
- A serological survey seeks to assess the prevalence of disease in a population by detecting the presence of specific antibodies against the virus.
- It can also be conducted to check if a person has developed immunity to certain diseases.
- It indicates past infections (and which triggered an immune response) and is not used to detect active infections.
- The Sera (a part of blood) of samples were tested for IgG antibodies and Covid-19 infection using Covid Kavach ELISA kits approved by the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR).
- Key findings:
- A total 21,387 samples were randomly collected across the 11 districts of the capital, which were then divided into two groups, of less than 18 years and older.
- 22.86% of the people surveyed had developed IgG antibodies, indicating they had been exposed to the novel coronavirus that causes Covid-19.
G20 Digital Minister’s Meet
- The Digital Economy Ministers Meet is hosted by Saudi Arabia.
- Theme: Realizing Opportunities of the 21st century for all
- Shri Ravi Shankar Prasad, Union Minister for Electronics and Information Technology represented India during this virtual meeting.
- Digital platforms have to be responsive and accountable towards the sovereign concerns of countries.
- India to put in place a robust personal data protection law which will address the data privacy related concerns and ensure availability of data for innovation.
- There is a need for building trustworthy Artificial Intelligence systems that can transform the society.
India – Maldives agreements
- Contract for setting up Neighborhood Fish Processing Plants
- These fish-processing plants are the first in a series of High Impact Community Development (HICDP) projects that India and Maldives have committed to execute together under a total grant of USD 5.5 million.
- India-Maldives sign agreement to establish “Emergency Medical Services”.
- Financed by India under grant assistance of 20 million USD for neighbouring countries.
- This will help to increase the collaboration between the countries, especially in the areas of health care facilities, disaster responses during critical times, etc.
- National Broadcasting Day – It is on 23 July in 1927, the 1st ever radio broadcast in country went on the air from Bombay Station under a private company called the Indian Broadcasting Company (IBC).
- 23rd marks the birth anniversaries of two great sons of India—Bal Gangadhar Tilak and Chandra Shekhar Azad.
Current COVID19 Situation in India
Vriksharopan Abhiyan will be organized by:
- Ministry of Coal
- Ministry of Home Affairs
- Both A and B
- None of the above
Answer – A
What is Sera?
- Part of Eye
- Part of Blood Sample
Answer – B
The Digital Economy Ministers Meet is hosted by:
- Saudi Arabia
Answer – B
Who is Union Minister for Electronics and Information Technology?
- Prahlad singh
- Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank
- Ravi Shankar Prashad
- Amit Shah
Answer – C
Question of the Day
What is Enhanced Access and Service Excellence?
Answer in next session…