China votes to join Arms Trade Treaty
China has decided to join the United Nations Arms Trade Treaty (UN-ATT) to regulate its arms sales. This comes after US President Donald Trump announced plans last year to pull the United States out of the agreement.
What is UN – ATT?
- It is the Arms Trade Treaty is a multilateral treaty that regulates the international trade in conventional weapons.
- It controls the flow of weapons into conflict zones.
- It entered into force on 24th December 2014
- It requires member countries to keep records of international transfers of weapons and to prohibit cross-border shipments that could be used in human rights violations or attacks on civilians.
50,000 Made-in-India ventilators to curb COVID-19
- PM CARES Fund Trust has allocated Rs. 2000 crore for supply of 50000 ‘Made-in-India’ ventilators to government run COVID hospitals in all States/UTs.
- A sum of Rs. 1000 crore has been allocated for the welfare of migrant labourers.
- So far 2923 ventilators have been manufactured, out of which 1340 ventilators have already been delivered to the States/UTs.
- The recipients include Maharashtra, Delhi, Gujarat, Bihar, Karnataka, and Rajasthan.
- About the sum to migrant laboures, the distribution of the fund is based on the formula of 50% weightage for the population as per 2011 census, 40% weightage for number of positive COVID-19 cases and 10 % for equal distribution among all the States/UTs.
‘YUKTI 2.0’ platform for Higher Education Institutes
- Union Minister of Human Resource Development, Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’, launched an initiative ‘YUKTI 2.0’.
- It is to help systematically assimilate technologies having commercial potential and information related to incubated startups in our higher education institutions.
- YUKTI (Young India Combating Covid with Knowledge, Technology and Innovation) is a unique portal and dashboard to monitor and record the efforts and initiatives of MHRD.
- Web portal was launched on 11 April, 2020.
- YUKTI 2.0 will also help in fostering the culture of innovation and entrepreneurship in our academic institutions”.
- Through this portal, the Ministry of Human Resource Development will endeavor to ensure that students, teachers and researchers in higher educational institutions are getting appropriate support to meet the requirements needed to advance their technologies and innovations.
Country of Origin Mandatory on GeM
- Information about Country of Origin by the sellers made mandatory on GeM to promote Make in India and Aatmanirbhar Bharat.
- It is done under Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
- Who had already uploaded their products before this new feature on GeM, are being reminded regularly to update.
- GeM has taken this significant step to promote ‘Make in India’ and ‘Aatmanirbhar Bharat’.
- Provision for indication of the percentage of local content in products.
- Make in India feature has also been enabled on the portal. Through this, buyers can choose to buy only those products that meet the minimum 50% local content criteria.
Current COVID19 Situation in India
Which of the following country recently entered Nations Arms Trade Treaty (UN-ATT)?
PM CARES Fund Trust has allocated Rs. 2000 crore for supply of how many ‘Made-in-India’ ventilators?
A sum of Rs. 1000 crore has been allocated from PMCARE fund for the welfare of?
‘YUKTI 2.0’ platform is launched by which of the following?
- Ministry of Railways
- Ministry of New and Renewable Energy
- Ministry of Home Affairs