What is Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana?
- It is a maternity benefit program run by the government of India.
- Introduced in the year 2017
- Implementing agency- MWCD
- The scheme is a conditional cash transfer scheme for pregnant and lactating women.
- Under this scheme a partial wage compensation to meet enhanced nutritional needs and partially compensate for wage loss.
- The eligible beneficiaries also receive cash incentive under Janani Suraksha Yojana (JSY)
- Beneficiaries receive a cash benefit of Rs.
5,000 in three installments on fulfilling these conditions:
- Early registration of pregnancy.
- Ante-natal check-up
- And Registration of the birth of the child and completion of first cycle of vaccination for the first living child of the family.
Culture Ministry to celebrate “Sankalp Parva”
- To plant trees from 28th June to 12 July 2020.
- Prime Minister of India Shri Narendra Modi has called for planting at least five trees either in Office campus or wherever it is possible to create healthy environment in our country.
- Ministry expects all its Subordinate Offices, Academies, Attached Institutions, and Affiliated Institutions to plant trees in its campus or at the surroundings wherever it is possible.
- It recommends to plants five trees which have been identified by PM represent the herbal heritage of our country – Bargad, Awla, Pepal, Ashok, and Bel.
President promulgates Banking Regulation (Amendment) Ordinance 2020
- This is done in pursuance of the commitment to ensure safety of depositors across banks.
- Amendments to ensure better management & sound regulation of Cooperative banks
- The Ordinance amends the Banking Regulation Act, 1949 as applicable to Cooperative Banks.
- This is followed Cabinet approval on June 24, 2020 regarding an ordinance to bring nearly 1,482 urban and 58 multi state cooperative banks under the Reserve Bank of India’s (RBI) supervision.
- The amendments do not affect existing powers of the State Registrars of Co-operative Societies under state co-operative laws.
- The Ordinance also amends Section 45 of the Banking Regulation Act, to enable making of a scheme of reconstruction or amalgamation of a banking company for protecting the interest of the public, depositors and the banking system and for securing its proper management, even without making an order of moratorium, so as to avoid disruption of the financial system.
- A Co-operative bank is a financial entity which belongs to its members, who are at the same time the owners and the customers of their bank.
- RBI- Headquarters– Mumbai, Maharashtra
Formation– 1 April 1935
Governor– Shaktikanta Das
Maharashtra Govt. introduced “Maha Parwana” plan to boost investment
- It will offer several incentives and offer a single-window clearance system for project execution.
- Companies investing in a project costing Rs 50 crore or more would not be burdened with getting clearances from several departments. Such companies would be given an assurance letter (Maha Parwana).
- These companies need to do is to apply at the Maharashtra Industry, Trade and Investment Facilitation Cell. An online permission would be given within 48 hours.
- Such industries would get all the 25 odd statutory permissions and clearances from other state departments within a prescribed time (30 days).
- For the existing and new industries, the state government has proposed to provide “plug and play” infrastructure to support the investors and reduce the capital investment.
“Statistics Day” to be celebrated on 29th June
- Theme- Theme: SDG- 3 (Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages) & SDG- 5 (Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls)
- The day is celebrated on the birth anniversary of Prof. P C Mahalanobis in recognition of his invaluable contribution in establishing the National Statistical System.
- It is being celebrated to popularise the use of Statistics in everyday life and sensitise the public as to how Statistics helps in shaping and framing policies.
- In 2019, the Ministry instituted a new award, namely, the Prof. P.C. Mahalanobis National Award in Official Statistics for recognizing outstanding achievement of official statisticians.
- The Prof.P.C. Mahalanobis National Award winner, 2020 will be felicitated during an online event conducted by Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) of Ministry of Statistics and Program Implementation and Ministry of Planning, Rao Inderjit Singh.
Current COVID19 Situation in India
Which ministry organised “Sankalp Parva”?
- Ministry of Women’s and Child Development
- Ministry of Culture
- Ministry of finance
- Ministry of Home Affairs
The Banking Regulation (Amendment) Ordinance 2020 is concerned to which of the following?
- Corporative banks
- Both A and B
- None of the above
The Banking Regulation (Amendment) Ordinance 2020 to bring cooperative banks under
- Finance Commission
- State Bank of India
- Cooperative societies
Which state govt. to launch “Maha Parwana” plan to boost investment?
- Madhya Pradesh
- Uttar Pradesh
Statistics Day is celebrated on the birth anniversary of
- M. Visvesvaraya
- Prof.P.C. Mahalanobis
- Srinivasa Ramanujan