What is Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana?
- Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY), one of the biggest financial inclusion initiatives in the world.
- Launched- 28 August 2014
- Run by Ministry of Finance.
- It envisages universal access to banking facilities with at least one basic banking account for every household, financial literacy, access to credit, insurance and pension.
- Benefits under the scheme-
- The account holders under this scheme will get an accidental insurance cover of Rs 1 lakh.
- The account holders under this scheme can avail an overdraft facility up to Rs 5,000.
- Enabling carrying out transactions through a mobile phone facilitates such account holders in checking of balance and also transferring funds with ease across India.
- They are not mandated to have a minimum balance in the account.
- The scheme allows Direct Benefit Transfer for beneficiaries of Government Schemes.
- Account-holders can get easy access to pension and other insurance products with the PMJDY scheme.
Government Bans 59 mobile apps
- Apps which are prejudicial to sovereignty and integrity of India defence of India, security of state and public order.
- Under Information Technology (Procedure and Safeguards for Blocking of Access of Information by Public) Rules 2009, The Ministry of Information Technology, Invoked its power.
- Saying that emergent nature of threats has decided to block 59 apps.
- There have been raging concerns on aspects relating to data security and safeguarding the privacy of 130 crore Indians. That is threat to sovereignty and security of our country.
- These Mobile apps available on Android and iOS platforms for stealing and surreptitiously transmitting users’ data in an unauthorized manner to servers which have locations outside India.
- List of blocked apps-
PM FME Scheme launched
- PM Formalization of Micro Food Processing Enterprises (PM FME) launched as a part of “Atmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan”.
- Scheme would generate total investment of Rs 35,000 crore and generate 9 lakh skilled and semi-skilled employment and benefit 8 lakh units through access to information, training, better exposure and formalization.
- It is launched by the Ministry of Food Processing Industries (MoFPI).
- The scheme is to be implemented over a period of five years from 2020-21 to 2024-25 with an outlay of Rs 10,000 crore.
- The objective of the scheme is to support local unorganized food processing units in the country. Support in the form of finances, strengthening capabilities of support systems, increase in revenue targets, in tribal districts focusing on minor produce, etc.
- The Scheme adopts One District One Product (ODODP) approach to reap benefit of scale in terms of procurement of inputs, availing common services and marketing of products.
- Individual micro food processing units desirous of upgradation of their unit can avail credit-linked capital subsidy @35% of the eligible project cost.
India, Bhutan sign pact for first joint venture hydropower project
- Joint venture is for the construction of the 600 MW Kholongchhu project.
- It is for the Bhutan’s less developed eastern region of Trashiyangtse.
- Under this “Concession agreement,” India-Bhutan hydropower project will be constructed as a 50:50 joint venture, not as a government-to-government agreement.
- It will be completed in the second half of 2025.
- The GOI will provide, as a grant, the equity share of the Bhutanese DGPC in the JV Company. The JV partners will run it for 30 years, (concession period) after which the full ownership will transfer to the Bhutan government, which will receive power from the project as a “royalty” in the interim.
“Sanskritik Sadbhav Mandap”
- Union Minister of Minority Affairs Shri Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi laid foundation stone for “Sanskritik Sadbhav Mandap” at Numaish Ground in Rampur (UP).
- These are community centre & will be utilized for various socio-economic-cultural activities, skill development training, coaching, and relief activities during disaster.
- The “Sanskritik Sadbhav Mandap” is being constructed with the cost of Rs 92 crore by Union Minority Affairs Ministry under Pradhan Mantri Jan Vikas Karykram (PMJVK).
Current COVID19 Situation in India
Recently 59 mobile apps were banned by which ministry?
- Ministry of External Affairs
- Ministry of Home Affairs
- Ministry of Information and technology
- Ministry of Finance
PM Formalization of Micro Food Processing Enterprises (PM FME) launched as a part of?
- Antyoday Yojana
- Jan Dhan Yojana
- Atmanirbhar Bharat
- Skill India
PM FME Scheme launched by which ministry?
- Ministry of Food Processing Industries
- Ministry of Labour and employment
- Ministry of MSME
- Ministry of Minority Affairs
India, Bhutan sign pact for first joint venture hydropower project which names as?