What is Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana?
- It is accident insurance scheme by GOI.
- PMSBY was launched on 9th May, 2015.
- The scheme is administered through both public & private sector insurance companies, in tie up with scheduled commercial banks, RRBs and RBI.
- Under this one-year accidental death cum disability cover is given to all subscribing bank account holders in the age group of 18 to 70 years for a premium of Rs. 12/- per annum per subscriber to be auto debited from subscriber’s bank account.
- A cover of Rs. 2 Lakh for accidental death/total permanent disability and Rs One Lakh in case of permanent partial disability
Government launches Swachh Survekshan 2021
- It will be the sixth edition of the annual cleanliness survey of urban India conducted by Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs.
- Toolkit for Swachh Survekshan-2021 is also launched which will focus on public participation and encouragement for innovators in the cities.
- Along with that launched integrated Swachh Bharat Mission-Urban MIS portal.
- The launch of the integrated MIS portal is an effort by the Ministry to bring the numerous digital initiatives on a single platform thus ensuring a unified and hassle-free experience for states and cities and leading the way towards the creation of not just a Swachh but a truly digital India.
- Shri Hardeep Singh Puri announced a new category of awards titled ‘Prerak Dauur Samman’ as part of Swachh Survekshan 2021.
- It has a total of five additional sub- categories –Divya (Platinum), Anupam (Gold), Ujjwal (Silver), Udit (Bronze), Aarohi (Aspiring) – with top three cities being recognized in each.
- Apart from existing ‘population category’, this new
category will categorize cities on the basis of six select indicator wise
performance criteria which are as follows:
- Segregation of waste into Wet, Dry and Hazard categories
- Processing capacity against wet waste generated
- Processing and recycling of wet and dry waste
- Construction & Demolition (C&D) waste processing
- Percentage of waste going to landfills
- Sanitation status of cities
ICMR aims to launch COVAXIN by August 15
- COVAXIN– It has been developed by the company Bharat Biotech India (BBIL) in collaboration with ICMR’s National Institute of Virology (NIV). It is an “inactivated” vaccine — one made by using particles of the Covid-19 virus that were killed, making them unable to infect or replicate.
- Earlier Drug Controller General of India (DCGI) has given approval for Phase I and Phase II human clinical trials.
- After successful completion of human clinical trials, the ICMR has set a target to launch the COVAXIN for the public health uses, latest by August 15
- It is the first indigenously developed COVID-19 vaccine to be approved for Human Clinical Trials.
Unique Urban Forest inaugurated at the Office of CAG
- Keeping in view its community responsibilities and increasing cause of concern from the degrading Air Quality Index (AQI) in Delhi, the office of the Comptroller and Auditor General of India has taken steps to establish an Urban Forest in the Office Park.
- Local material was adopted to enable intensive afforestation.
- The forest is made up of trees which are native to the area
- Multi-layered communities having 30 times the surface area of the greenery of single-layered lawns.
- This would be a dense urban forest with multiple tree layers including 12000 saplings of 59 indigenous species in another year or so.
- In World Environment Day, the government announced implementation of the Nagar van scheme to develop 200 Urban Forests across the country in next five years.
‘Fit Hai to Hit Hai India’ program launched for School children’s
- It is a part of the Fit India Campaign.
- The objective of the program is to inspire and motivate the school children about the importance and need to stay fit during this pandemic.
- For this, Talk sessions named Fit India Talks will be organized.
- 13,868 schools affiliated to CBSE have participated in various Fit India programs and 11,682 schools have also received the Fit India flag.
- Through Fit India Campaign Government is trying to make children both mentally and physically healthy
Current COVID19 Situation in India
Swachh Survekshan is conducted by which Ministry?
- Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs.
- Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change
- Ministry of Home Affairs
- Ministry of Culture
Government launched ‘Prerak Dauur Samman’ as part of
- Honoring Brave Hearts
- Swachh Survekshan
- Skill India
- Aatmanirbhar bharat
First indigenously developed COVID-19 vaccine COVAXIN is developed by which of the following?
- Bharat Biotech India (BBIL)
- None of the above
- Both A & B
Unique Urban Forest inaugurated at the Office of?
- Prime Minister
- Environment Minister
- Attorney General of India
Question of the Day
What is Swachh Survekshan Survey?
Answer in next session…