What is Swachh Survekshan Survey?
- It is an annual survey of cleanliness, hygiene and sanitation in cities and towns across India. It was launched as part of the Swachh Bharat Abhiyaan.
- It is said to be the largest cleanliness survey in the world.
- The Ministry of Urban Development, Government of India takes up the Swachh Survekshan in urban areas and the Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation in rural areas.
- The first survey was undertaken in 2016 and covered 73 cities.
- By 2019 the survey had grown to cover 4237 cities.
- Livelihood opportunities to returnee workers by providing functional household tap connections under Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyan.
- Jal Jeevan Mission aims at providing household tap connections to every rural household and offers a huge opportunity to engage skilled, semi-skilled and migrant returnees in drinking water supply related works.
Functional Household Tap Connection (FHTC)
- Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyaan (GKRA) has been launched, to start extensive public works to provide livelihood opportunities and create local employment to returnee migrants.
- The aim is ‘Har Ghar Jal Gaon’ i.e. 100% Functional Household Tap Connection (FHTC) villages.
- Number of FHTCs planned to be provided in every GKRA village.
- Campaigns to be launched for providing training to impart skills to local people including returnee migrants in plumbing, masonry, electrical aspects, pump operation, etc., so that skilled manpower will be available for water supply related works.
AatmaNirbhar Bharat App Innovation Challenge
- MeitY in partnership with Atal Innovation Mission – Niti Aayog launches Digital India AatmaNirbhar Bharat App Innovation Challenge for Indian tech entrepreneurs and Startups.
- This shall run in 2 tracks: Promotion of Existing Apps and Development of New Apps.
- Track 1 App Innovation Challenge, being launched to identify the best Indian Apps that are already being used by citizens and have the potential to scale and become world class Apps in their respective categories.
- The Mantra is to make in India for India and the World. This shall be completed in a month.
- Government will also launch Track 2 of the AatmaNirbhar Bharat App Innovation Challenge that will seek to identify Indian start ups / entrepreneurs /companies and encourage them with ideation, incubation, prototyping and roll out of applications.
- Track 1 challenge is being launched in the following
8 broad categories:
- Office Productivity & Work from Home
- Social Networking
- Health & Wellness
- Business including Agritech and Fin-tech
First Indian Social Media Super App ‘Elyments‘ launched
- Launched by Vice President Venkiah Naidu.
- The app allows users to stay in touch through a vibrant feed, free audio/video calls, and private/group chats.
- App would be available in eight Indian languages.
- As the number of social media users in India has increased significantly since the introduction of 4g technology in the country, the need for a homegrown Made in India Social Media Application was felt by many in the country largely due to rising concerns related to the privacy of data and data ownership.
Target Opium Podium Scheme (TOPS)
- Union Minister of Youth Affairs and Sports Kiren Rijiju on July 3 announced that the government will launch Target Opium Podium Scheme (TOPS) for the junior athletes.
- It will groom the junior athletes for 2024 and 2028 Olympics.
- The announcement was made during the ‘Fit Hai to Hit Hai India’ webinar.
Ahmadabad Municipal Corporation had launched mobile vans called Dhanvantri Rath
- A unique and innovative example has been set by the Ahmadabad Municipal Corporation (AMC), through the Dhanvantri Rath, a mobile van providing non-COVID essential healthcare services to the doorsteps of the people in the city.
- These vans have an Ayush Doctor, paramedic and nursing staff along with local Medical Officer from Urban Health Centre of AMC.
- These vans have been visiting various areas and providing OPD services for non-COVID essential services and field medical consultations to people all over Ahmadabad City at their doorsteps.
- The mobile medical vans carry all essential medicines including ayurvedic & homeopathic medicines, vitamin supplements, basic testing equipments along with pulse Oxymeter.
- AMC has deployed 120 Dhanvantri Raths across the city.
Current COVID19 Situation in India
Govt. is aiming livelihood opportunities to returnee workers by providing functional household tap connections under which scheme?
- Skill India
- Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyan
- Ujjwala Yojana
- Stand Up India Scheme
AatmaNirbhar Bharat App Innovation Challenge launched by
- NITI Ayog
- Both a& b
- None of the above
What is the name of First Indian Social Media Super App?
Target Opium Podium Scheme is for?
- Junior athletes
- Senior athletes
- Retired Sports persons
Question of the Day
What is Atal Innovation Mission?
Answer in next session…