What is Project Elephant?
- It is a centrally sponsored scheme
- Launched: February 1992
- Aim: Protection of elephants, their habitats and corridors.
- The Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change provides the financial and technical support to major elephant range states in the country through the project.
- The Project is being implemented in 16 States / UT’s.
- To protect elephants, their habitat & corridors
- To address issues of man-animal conflict
- Welfare of captive elephants
New Provisions for Postal Ballot
- The Election Commission of India (ECI) has come out with new instructions for people with disabilities.
- The form required for postal ballot is to be delivered at the residence of all those who are above 80 years of age.
- It would be up to these two categories of voters to opt for postal ballot.
- If he/she opts for postal ballot, then the Booth Level Officer (BLO) will collect the filled-in form 12-D from the house of the elector within five days of the notification and deposit it with the returning officer forthwith.
National Startup Awards 2020
- These will be the first ever National Startup Awards.
- Organised by Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT)
- It aims to recognize outstanding Startups and ecosystem enablers that are building innovative products or solutions and scalable enterprises.
- The first edition of the Awards invited applications across 12 sectors which were further sub-classified into a total of 35 categories.
- These 12 sectors are Agriculture, Education, Enterprise Technology, Energy, Finance, Food, Health, Industry 4.0, Space, Security, Tourism and Urban Services.
- The winning Startups will get cash prizes of Rs 5 lakh each.
Daring Cities 2020
- Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal has been invited to speak at ”Daring Cities 2020′‘ virtual conference on the steps taken in the national capital regarding sustainability and climate change issues.
- The conference is being hosted by the ICLEI and the City of Bonn, Germany, with the support of the German government.
- ‘Daring Cities’ is a global forum on climate change for urban leaders tackling climate emergency, especially in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Delhi CM has been invited alongside urban leaders and decision-makers from Bogota (Colombia), São Paulo (Brazil), Los Angeles (USA) and Entebbe (Uganda)
Education for deaf children
- A historic MoU will be signed today between Indian Sign Language Research and Training Center (ISLRTC) and NCERT to make education materials accessible for Deaf children in their preferred format of communication.
- As part of this MoU, educational print materials including NCERT Textbooks, Teachers Handbook and other Supplementary materials and resources of Class I-XII of all subjects will be provided.
- For both Hindi and English Medium itwill be converted into Indian Sign Language in Digital format.
- This will also ensure educational standardization of Indian Sign Language as mandated in the New Education Policy, 2020.
Current COVID19 Situation in India
National Startup Awards given by:
- National Statistical Office
- NITI Ayog
- Ministry of Home Affairs
- Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade
Answer – D
Which state’s Chief Minister has been invited to speak at ”Daring Cities 2020”
- Madhya Pradesh
- Uttar Pradesh
Answer – C
MoU will be signed between ISLRT and ______ to make education materials accessible for Deaf children?
- Ministry of Education
- NITI Ayog
Answer – C
Question of the Day
What is POCSO Act?
Answer in next session…