Patenting of Innovative Low-Cost PPE developed by Indian Navy
- A patent has been successfully filed by the Intellectual Property Facilitation Cell (IPFC) of Ministry of Defence, in association with National Research Development Corporation (NRDC) to pave way for mass production.
- The PPE developed by the Navy is made of a special fabric which affords high level of protection along with high ‘breathability’.
Operation Samudrasetu – INS Jalashwa Returns to Maldives for Phase 2
- The ship will enter Male port in the early hours of 15 May 20 and begin embarkation of Indian citizens who have already registered with the Indian Embassy in Maldives.
- On her second trip, INS Jalashwa is planned to embark 700 Indian citizens and will depart for Kochi by the night of 15 May.
Sikorsky-Boeing team releases new video of its SB-1 Defiant helicopter
- Sikorsky-Boeing team released a new short video showing that its FVL aircraft can maneuver and fly fast at low altitudes, critical for the Army’s mission success.
- This has been selected for further testing under the US Army’s Future Vertical Lift (FVL) program.
- The Sikorsky–Boeing SB-1 Defiant is the Sikorsky Aircraft and Boeing entry for the United States Army’s Future Vertical Lift program, succeeding the Joint Multi-Role initiative. It is a compound helicopter with rigid coaxial rotors, powered by two Honeywell T55s, and made its first flight on 21 March 2019.
25-year-old ballistic-missile Ohio-class submarine USS Maine returns to service
- Maine’s keel was laid July 3, 1990, she was christened July 16, 1994, and was commissioned in Groton, Connecticut July 25, 1995.
- Several exercises and inspections, including a successful missile test launch in February 2020, known as Demonstration and Shakedown Operation 30, all led up to Maine’s official return to the fleet.
Philippines delays buying American Apache AH64E attack helicopters
- Philippine’s Defense Minister Delfin Lorenzana also said that the American offers are too expensive for the country.
- The offers came despite the Philippine Air Force’s selection of T129 ATAK helicopters of the Turkish Aerospace Industries (TAI) for its attack helicopter acquisition program.
- The Boeing AH-64 Apache is an American twin-turboshaft attack helicopter with a tailwheel-type landing gear arrangement and a tandem cockpit for a crew of two. It features a nose-mounted sensor suite for target acquisition and night vision systems.
- Top speed: 365 km/h
- Weight: 5,165 kg
- Range: 476 km
- United States Army
- Israeli Air Force
- Egyptian Air Force
- Royal Netherlands Air Force
- Indian Air Force
- Intellectual Property Facilitation Cell (IPFC) is under:
- Ministry of Information and Broadcasting
- Ministry of Home Affairs
- Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment
- Ministry of Defence
- On her second trip, INS Jalashwa is planned to embark how many Indian citizens?
- USS Maine is which class submarine?
- Los Angeles
- Philippines Defence Minister is:
- Delfin Lorenzana
- Annegret Kramp-Karrenbauer
- Florence Parly
- Steven Vandeput