On May 27, 1999, during Operation Safed Sagar, IAF had sent which aircraft on the Indian Side of LOC on a Photo Reconnaissance Mission?
- MIG 27: IAF had sent MIG 27 aircraft on the Indian Side of LOC on a Photo Reconnaissance Mission
Our Army will fight if necessary: Nepal’s defence minister on Indian Army Chief’s remark
- India’s Army General Mukund Naravane had called Nepal’s protest India as “political stunt“.
- Ishwar Pokhrel: “lost Nepali territory must be returned through peaceful political dialogue and diplomatic channel, and I am confident that it is possible”
Defence Production Sec: ‘OFB and Defence PSUs have made 15 lakh masks, 1.2 lakh litres of hand sanitisers’
- OFB and DPSUs have manufactured 15,09,000 masks, of which 10,74,668 have been handed over. They have produced 1,27,350 litres of hand sanitisers and 1,08,935 litres has been handed over.
- Similarly, of the 44,625 coveralls manufactured by them, 39,167 have been delivered.
- Beyond these, the OFB and DPSUs have manufactured 340 tents and 240 have been given out.
- They have manufactured 10,833 bed linens, handing over 5,353 of them. They have produced and delivered 80 face shields and 400 blanket covers.
Joint Operation of Indian Army & Arunachal Pradesh Police
- in a joint Operation, the teams recovered 01, AK-56 Rifle with 3 Magazines & 115 live rounds , one 0.22 Pistol with Magazine & 3 live rounds, 01 UBGL, 01 Grenade, 1Kg explosives & other war like stores from Miao Bum RF in Changlang Dist. of Arunachal.
Major IED Blast averted by timely input.
- A major incident of a vehicle borne IED blast was averted by the timely input and action by Pulwama Police, CRPF & Army.
- Pulwama Police got credible information last night about a terrorist moving with an explosive laden car ready to blast at some location.
No. 18 Squadron IAF Operationalised
- 18 Squadron, the “Flying Bullets” was operationalised by CAS ACM RKS Bhadauria at AFS Sulur today. The Sqn has a distinguished history of having Flying Officer Nirmal Jeet Singh Sekhon PVC (P) on its honour roll.Since the beginning of May several aggressive incidents have taken place in Eastern Ladakh by the Chinese army along the LAC.
- He flew his legendary mission in 1971 from Srinagar while serving in 18 Sqn. The Squadron also has the unique distinction of inducting two HAL built fighters that too in Sulur- the Ajeet and now the Tejas.
- The event was also attended by the AOC-in-C SAC Air Marshal Amit Tiwari and Mr. R Madhavan, CMD HAL &other distinguished guests from the IAF and ADA. The occasion was a significant milestone in the Tejas programme as it marked the induction of the FOC variant.
- A Fly-past by MI17 V5, ALH, An-32 and Tejas aircraft was followed by a traditional water cannon salute to the 18 Sqn fighters as they taxied into their home tarmac for the first time.
The Kargil War: 28 May 1999
- Officially proved the Pakistani infiltrations in Drass and Baltik region of Kargil District.
- Heavy Damage by the attack from MI-17 Helicopters of Indian Air Force.
- What is the name given to the 18 Flying Squadron of IAF?
- Flying Eagles
- Flying Bullets
- Flying High
- Flying Rockets