National Defense Academy exam will be conducted by the Union Public Service Commission on 27th September 2015 for admission to the Army, Navy and Air Force wings of the NDA for the 136th Course, and for the 98th Indian Naval Academy Course (INAC) commencing from 02 July 2016. The candidates Joining Indian Naval Academy would undergo 4 years B.Tech Course and would be given an opportunity to join Executive and Technical Branches of the Navy subject to availability of vacancies.
Eligibility criterion for NDA 2 2015 exam:
Nationality for NDA 2 2015 exam
A candidate must either be :
(i) a citizen of India, or
(ii) a subject of Bhutan, or
(iii) a subject of Nepal, or
(iv) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India,
(v) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, SriLanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India. Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
Certificate of eligibility will not, however, be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal.
Age Limits, Sex and Marital Status for NDA 2 2015 exam
Only unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January, 1997 and not later than 1st January, 2000 are eligible. The date of birth accepted by the Commission is that entered in the Matriculation or Secondary School Leaving Certificate or in a certificate recognised by an Indian University as equivalent to Matriculation or in an extract from a Register of Matriculates maintained by a University which must be certified by the proper authority of the University or in the Higher Secondary or an equivalent examination certificates.
These certificates are required to be submitted only after the declaration of the result of the written part of the examination. No other document relating to age like horoscopes, affidavits, birth extracts from Municipal Corporation, service records and the like will be accepted. The expression Matriculation/ Higher Secondary Examination Certificate in this part of the instruction includes the alternative certificates mentioned above.
- Candidates should note that only the Date of Birth as recorded in the Matriculation/Higher Secondary Examination Certificate available or an equivalent certificate on the date of submission of applications will be accepted by the Commission and no subsequent request for its change will be considered or granted.
- Candidates should also note that once a Date of Birth has been claimed by them and entered in the records of the Commission for the purpose of admission to an Examination, no change will be allowed subsequently or at any subsequent examination on any ground whatsoever.
- The candidates should exercise due care while entering their date of birth in the respective column of the online Application Form for the Examination. If on verification at any subsequent stage any variation is found in their date of birth from the one entered in their Matriculation or equivalent Examination certificate, disciplinary action will be taken against them by the Commission under the Rules.
- Candidates must undertake not to marry until they complete their full training. A candidate who marries subsequent to the date of his application though successful at this or any subsequent examination will not be selected for training. A candidate who marries during training shall be discharged and will be liable to refund all expenditure incurred on him by the Government.
Educational Qualifications for NDA 2 2015 exam
- For Army wing of National Defence Academy: 12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University candidate’s fall under the correct category of nda exam eligibility.
- For Air Force and Naval Wings of National Defence Academy and for the 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at the Indian Naval Academy: 12th Class pass or appearing of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent with Physics and Mathematics conducted by a State Education Board or a University candidate’s fall under the correct category of nda exam eligibility.
- Candidates who are appearing in the 12th Class under the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination can also apply for this examination. Such candidates who qualify the SSB
interview but could not produce Matriculation/10+2 or equivalent certificate in original at the time of SSB Interview should forward duly attested photocopies to ‘Directorate General of Recruiting, Army HQ, West Block-III, R.K. Puram, New Delhi-110066 and for Naval Academy candidates to ‘Naval Headquarters, DMPR, OI&R Section, Room No. 204, ‘C’ Wing, Sena Bhavan, New Delhi-110011’ by 24th June, 2016 failing which their candidature will be cancelled.
- Those candidates who have yet to qualify in the 12th class or equivalent examination and are allowed to appear in the UPSC Examination should note that this is only a special concession given to them. They are required to submit proof of passing the 12th class or equivalent examination by the prescribed date (i.e. 24th June, 2016) and no request for extending this date will be entertained on the grounds of late conduct of Board/University Examination, delay in declaration of results or any other ground whatsoever.