Foundation Day of Indian States – Foundation Day is a designated date on which celebrations mark the founding of the state. All the states have a history of their formation. This is one of the important topics in competitive exams which comes under static GK category.
- NAGALAND DAY– 1st January
Nagaland became the 16th State of the Union of India on 1st December 1963. The formal inauguration was done by the then President of India Dr. S. Radhakrishnan.
- MANIPUR, MEGHALAYA & TRIPURA DAY– 21st January
All the three states became full-fledged states under the North Eastern Region (Reorganization) Act, 1971.
- MIZORAM & ARUNANCHAL PRADESH DAY – 21st February
On this day two new States of Mizoram, Arunachal Pradesh came into being as the 23rd and 24th states of the Indian Union respectively.
- BIHAR DAY– 22nd March
The day is also known as Bihar Diwas. It was on this day when the British carved out the state from Bengal in 1912.
- RAJASTHAN DAY– 30th March
Rajasthan Day commemorates the valour, strong willpower and sacrifice of the people of Rajasthan. Rajasthan earlier known as Rajputana came into existence on March 30, 1949.
- UTKAL(ODISHA) DAY– 1st April
It is celebrated in the memory of the formation of the state as a separate state out of Bihar, Bengal and Odisha provinces with addition of Koraput and Ganjam from Madras Presidency on 1 April 1936.
- TAMIL NADU DAY (PUTHANDU)- 14 April
Tamil New Year is the first day of year on the Tamil calendar and traditionally celebrated as a festival. The festival date is set with the solar cycle of the lunisolar Hindu calendar, as the first day of the Tamil month Chithirai.
- HIMANCHAL PRADESH DAY– 15th April
In 1948 the state was declared as a union territory. Later in the 1970 the union territory was declared as a separate state. On 25th January 1971, it became the 18th state of the country.
- GUJARAT & MAHARASTRA DAY– 1st May
The state of Maharashtra and Gujarat were formed By Bombay Reorganization Act, 1960 enacted by the Parliament of India on 25 April 1960. The act came into effect on 1 May 1960.
- SIKKIM DAY– 16th May
After independence, Sikkim remained an independent country, until it merged with India in 1975 after a decisive referendum.
- TELANGANA DAY– 2nd June
Andhra Pradesh Reorganization Act, 2014 bill was passed by the Parliament of India for the formation of Telangana state comprising ten districts from north-western Andhra Pradesh.
- CHATTISGARH & MADHYA PRADESH DAY– 1st November
Both the states came into existence after an Act in the parliament Madhya Pradesh Reorganization Act, 2000 which enabled the creation of Chhattisgarh state out of Madhya Pradesh.
- UTTARANCHAL (UTTARAKHAND DAY)– 09th November
The state of Uttaranchal—the 27th state of India—was carved out of Uttar Pradesh. In January 2007 the new state changed its name to Uttarakhand.
- JHARKHAND DAY (JHARKHAND DIWAS)-15th November
Jharkhand was founded by the Bihar Reorganization Act on 15 November 2000 as the 28th State of India. The day is also observed as the birth anniversary of the legendary Bhagwan Birsa Munda.
- Candidates Sent Back From SSB Interview For Not Producing COVID-19 Negative Certificate
- Story Of Lt. Ganeve Lalji First Woman ADC To Army Commander
- Defence Current Affairs And Updates 7 July 2020
- CDS 2 2019 OTA SSB Interview Dates – SSC 112 & SSC 26 Non Tech
- Daily Routine of Officers Training Academy (OTA) Cadets