Indian Navy invites applications from unmarried male candidates for enrolment as sailors for senior secondary recruits (SSR) – 01/2016 batch. Online applications are invited from Unmarried Male Indian Citizens and subjects of Nepal and Bhutan for Indian Navy Sailors Recruitment 2015 2016. LAST DATE OF RECEIPT OF APPLICATION – 15 JUN 2015. FOR CANDIDATES OF NORTH EAST, J&K, ANDAMAN & NICOBAR, LAKSHADEEP & MINICOY ISLAND – 22 JUN 2015
Eligibility criterion for Indian Navy Sailors Recruitment 2015 2016
Educational Qualifications: Qualified in 10+2/ equivalent examination with Maths & Physics and atleast one of these subjects; Chemistry/Biology/Computer science.
Age: Candidates should have been born between 01 Feb 1995 to 31 Jan 1999 (Both dates inclusive).
Selection criterion for Indian Navy Sailors Recruitment 2015 2016
- The question paper will be bilingual (Hindi & English) and objective type.
- The question paper will comprise of four sections i.e. English, Science, Mathematics and General Knowledge.
- The standard of the question paper will be that of 10+2 and the syllabus for the examination is available on website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in.
- Duration of examination will be one hour.
- The candidates are required to pass in all sections and in aggregate.
Physical Fitness Test (PFT): PFT will consist of 1.6 Km run to be completed in 7 minutes, 20 squat ups (Uthak Baithak) and 10 Push-ups. Candidates undergoing PFT will do so at their own risk.
Training and Initial Engagement for Indian Navy Sailors Recruitment 2015 2016
Training: The training for the course will commence in Feb 2016, with 22 weeks Basic Training at INS Chilka followed by Professional training in the allotted trade in various Naval Training Establishments. Branch / Trade will be allocated as per the requirement of Service.
Initial Engagement: The initial engagement is subjected to successful completion of training and is for a period of 15 years.
Selection Procedure for Indian Navy Sailors Recruitment 2015 2016
The applications are to be filled online on website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in. The selection procedure is as follows:-
- Print out of online application will be received only through “ORDINARY POST”. Application received through speed post/ registered post or couriers will be rejected.
- The ‘Online’ applications alongwith the required certificates will be sorted out statewise. The qualifying cut off pecentage of a particular state may be increased if more number of applications with higher percentage is received. Short-listing criteria will be based on percentage of marks scored in 10+2.
- Call up letters cum admit card for eligible short listed candidates indicating date, time and place for recruitment tests, which are scheduled during Sep/Oct 2015 are required to be downloaded from internet site joinindiannavy.gov.in. The call up letters cum admit card will be tentatively uploaded on website by End Aug 2015. No seperate call up letter cum admit card will be issued. Candidates can be allotted any center view administrative reasons.
- All original certificates, mark sheets and NCC certificate (if held) are to be produced at the time of written examination. If the details provided in ‘online application’ are not matching with original documents, the candidature will be cancelled.
- Results of the Written Test will be announced on the same day and those who qualify Written test will undergo PFT and Recruitment Medical Examination (Preliminary), which may take 1-2 days.
- Candidates declared Temporary Medically Unfit in the recruitment medical could avail specialist review from the specified Military Hospital within a maximum period of 21 days. No further review/appeal is permissible if declared unfit in the specialist review.
- Candidates declared Permanent Medically unfit in the recruitment medical can appeal for specialist opinion in a Military Hospital on payment of Rs 40/- by Military Receivable Order (MRO) on Government Treasury within 21 days. Medical fitness certificate other than that of the specialist opinion in a Military Hospital will not be considered. No further review/appeal is permissible.
- The candidates who qualify in all respects will be short listed depending upon vacancies. The select list will be available on website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in on 24 Dec 2015. All candidates whose names appear in the Select list and have been declared provisionally medically fit in the Recruitment Medical would be required to report to INS Chilka. However, enrolment will be subject to Fitness in Enrolment Medical at INS Chilka
- The candidate’s selection pertaining to a particular batch is valid for that batch only. Qualified candidates whose names do not appear in the final select list cannot claim admission for the next batch. These candidates will have to undergo the selection procedure afresh provided that they meet the eligibility criteria for the fresh batch.
- Call letter for Final Medical examination will be forwarded only to medically qualified candidates in the select list. Unsuccessful candidates will not be intimated separately.
- All select listed candidates will also be forwarded Police Verification form along with the Call letter for final medical examination. The candidates will be required to submit the same to INS Chilka after getting their antecedents verified on this form from the concerned district police authorities. Candidates without the verified police verification reports/ reports with adverse comments will not be eligible for enrolment. The format for the police verification form can also be downloaded from the website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in immediately after the declaration of select list, to ensure timely verification.
- Online Application Form. Candidates are to apply online through website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in from 25 May 15.
- Before filling online application, keep matric certificate & 10+2 Mark sheet ready for reference.
- Filling up of information like email id is compulsory.
- Click on “Apply online Sailors Entry” on the home page of website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in.
- Fill up the form completely. Before clicking the ‘Submit’ button make sure all the details are correct.
- Print two copies of the online application form. One copy duly signed, along with attested copies of matriculation certificate, 10+2 mark sheet, domicile, NCC Certificate (if held) & oneself addressed envelope of size 22×10 cms with Rs 10/- stamp affixed on envelope to be forwarded at the address given below.
- Write on the envelope “Online SSR Application-01/2016 batch & 10+2 percentage”.
- Last date for registration of online application is 07 Jun 2015.
- Physical receipt of application at this office is by 15 Jun 2015. Confirmation of an applicant would be on receipt of physical application by due date.
- Online applications will be further scrutinized for eligibility and may be rejected if found not eligible in any respect.
- THE PHOTOGRAPH SHOULD BE CLEAR AND OF GOOD QUALITY WITH BLUE BACKGROUND. Application received without photographs will be rejected.