In today’s Monthly Current affairs Of March 2022, we are going to see the latest national and international current affairs topics. These current affairs questions and major events will be really helpful for your upcoming NDA, CDS, AFCAT, TA, INET, MNS, ACC exams, and other SSB interviews like SSC Tech, TGC, TES, NDA, CDS, AFCAT, and more. Download the current affairs PDF file at the end of this article.
MONTHLY CURRENT AFFAIRS MARCH 2022
Madhabi Puri: New Chairperson Of SEBI
- She is the first woman chairperson of the SEBI. She is the former head of ICICI Securities, also served in SEBI as a Whole Time Member. She will replace Ajay Tyagi as his term ends on Monday.
5th Session Of United Nations Environment Assembly
- Concluded with 14 resolutions to strengthen actions for nature to achieve the Sustainable Development Goals. The overall theme for UNEA-5 was “Strengthening Actions for Nature to Achieve the Sustainable Development Goals”, which was hosted by the UN Environment Programme.
- The Assembly will be followed by “UNEP@50”, a two-day Special Session of the Assembly marking UNEP’s 50 anniversary where member states are expected to address how to build a resilient and inclusive post-pandemic world, as well as to endorse a draft Political Declaration.
- Resolution to end Plastic Pollution: The Intergovernmental Negotiating Committee (INC) with the mandate to forge an international legally binding agreement to end plastic pollution. INC will begin in 2022, with the ambition of completing a draft global legally binding agreement by the end of 2024.
- The Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry, and Dairying will inaugurate the ‘Sagar Parikrama’ to know the problems of Coastal Fisherfolk. It is a navigation journey to be conducted in all coastal states/UTs through a pre-decided sea route to demonstrate solidarity with all fisherfolk, fish farmers.
- The Parikrama will start from Mandvi, Gujarat in the 1st phase and will be organized in other districts of Gujarat and other State/UTs in subsequent phases. The first leg of ‘Sagar Parikrama’ shall start on 5th March 2022 from Mandvi and end at Porbandar on 6th March 2022.
Anti-collision System ‘Kavach’
- The indigenously developed Automatic Train Protection (ATP) system, Kavach, was designed to help the Railways achieve – zero accidents. ‘Kavach’ automatically stopped the train before 380 metres of another Locomotive at the front.
- The Kavach will be the world’s cheapest automatic train collision protection system. The railway authorities informed that once implemented, it will cost 50 lakh rupees per kilometer to operate compared to about 2 crore rupees worldwide.
Boltzmann Medal 2022
- Professor Deepak Dhar became the first Indian to win along with American scientist John Hopfield. This medal is awarded every 3 years by the Commission on Statistical Physics of the International Union of Pure and Applied Physics (IUPAP) at the Statphys Conference.
- The IUPAP was established in 1922 in Brussels currently has 60 country members. India joined it in 1948. Ludwig Eduard Boltzmann was an Austrian physicist and philosopher.
Supercomputer Param Ganga & Param Shakti
- U Petascale Supercomputer “PARAM Ganga” Est at IIT Roorkee under National Supercomputing Mission. Availability of supercomputers to accelerate R&D activities in multidisciplinary domains of science and engineering. Recently Similar was inaugurated at IISc – Bengaluru i.e., “Param Pravega”.
- “PARAM Shakti”, A Petascale Supercomputer At IIT Kharagpur, Has Been Dedicated To The Nation Under The National Supercomputing Mission (NSM) – A Joint Initiative Of The Ministry Of Electronics And Information Technology (MeitY) And the Department Of Science And Technology (DST).
UPI123pay And Digisaathi
- RBI has launched a new UPI service for feature phones called UPI123Pay for non-internet users to make digital payments, also launched a 24×7 helpline for digital payments called ‘Digisaathi’.
- ‘Digisaathi’ has also been set up by the NPCI to provide users with automated responses on information related to digital payment products and services. Available in English and Hindi language.
- UPI123Pay will benefit an estimated 40 crore feature phone users and enable them to undertake digital payments in a secure manner. This will bring non-smartphone users under the digital payment system.
Sahitya Akademi Awards 2021
- 24 Eminent Writers, Playwrights, And Novelists Have Been Conferred. Few Names Are Eminent Assamese Novelist Anuradha Sarma, Bengali Writer Bratya Basu, Bodo Poet Dr. Devakanta Ramchiary, Dogri Fiction Writer Raj Rahi, English Writer Namita Gokhale Etc.
International Day To Combat Islamophobia
- UNGA approved a resolution for setting March 15th. It was introduced by Pakistan on behalf of the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC). The resolution was adopted by consensus by the 193-member world body and cosponsored by 55 mainly Muslim countries.
- The resolution asks all countries, U.N. bodies, international and regional organizations, civil society, private sector, and faith-based organizations “to organize and support various high-visibility events aimed at effectively increasing awareness of all levels about curbing Islamophobia.
World Happiness Report 2022
- United Nations Sustainable Development Solutions Network: Marks The 10th Anniversary Of The Report. 1st Published 2012; It Is Based On 2 Key Ideas:
- Happiness Or Life Evaluation Measured Through Opinion Surveys And Identifying Key Elements That Determine Well-being And Life Evaluation Across Countries.
- The Report Usually Ranks 150 Countries Based On Several Factors Such As Real GDP Per Capita, Social Support, Healthy Life Expectancy, Freedom To Make Life Choices, Generosity, And Perceptions Of Corruption.
- This Year, The Report Ranked 146 Countries.
- On The Top: Finland has been named the world’s happiest country for the fifth year running followed by Denmark.
- On The Worst: Afghanistan was ranked as the unhappiest nation, followed by Lebanon, Zimbabwe, Rwanda, and Botswana, respectively.
- About India: India saw a marginal improvement in its ranking, jumping 3 spots to 136, from 139 a year ago.
35th Surajkund International Crafts Mela
- Suraj Kund Crafts Fair Helps Thousands Of Craftsperson From Across India To Showcase Their Arts And Products To A Wider Audience. It Has Also Helped In Reviving The Heritage Crafts Of India. This Years’ Suraj Kund Crafts Mela Is Special As Organized When We Are Celebrating Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav.
- The Mela was first organized in 1987 and this is the 35th Crafts Mela organized this year it is a stage not only for the artisans from Haryana but also from all over India giving an opportunity to showcase their talent and encourages to preserve our rich heritage & culture.
AquaMAP Water Management And Policy Centre
- U Prof. K. Vijay Raghavan, The Principal Scientific Adviser India, And Prof. V. Kamakoti, Director IIT Madras, Inaugurated The New Water Management And Policy Center, AquaMAP, At IIT Madras And Launched Its Website.
- AquaMAP Is A National Water Center And IIT Madras Is Collaborating With IIT Dharwad Around The Broad Theme Of ‘Data Science For Water Security And Agriculture Sustenance’.
- The Key Activities Of AquaMAP Include:
- Field (In Villages And Towns) Implementation Of Water Technologies And Management Practices
- Identify Grand Challenges In Water/Wastewater Management For Focused Attention
- Set Up Of A State-of-the-art Hydro-informatics Laboratory
5th Edition Of Women Transforming India Awards
- NITI Aayog’s Women Entrepreneurship Platform (WEP) Is Organizing The 5th Edition Of The Women Transforming India Awards (WTI) On 21 March 2022. WTI Awards Will Be Conferred On 75 Women Achievers To Celebrate Their Contribution Towards A ‘Sashakt Aur Samarth Bharat’.
- To highlight the commendable and ground-breaking endeavors of India’s women leaders and change-makers, under one or more than one of the 7 categories: Public and Community Service, Manufacturing Sector, Non-manufacturing Sector, Financial Products enabling Economic Growth, Climate Action, Promote Art, Culture, and Handicrafts & Digital Innovation.
- Women Entrepreneurship Platform (WEP) is an aggregator portal that aims to catalyze the entrepreneurial ecosystem for women and address information asymmetry. To build a vibrant ecosystem for women-led enterprises. To date, more than 900 women entrepreneurs have been benefitted through 77 programs and events hosted on the platform.
President Kovind Confers Padma Awards 2022
- Mr. Kovind Presented Padma Vibhushan To CDS General Bipin Rawat And Radhey Shyam Khemka Posthumously. Daughters Of General Rawat, Kritika And Tarini, And Khemka’s Son Krishna Kumar Received The Awards.
- Veteran Leader Ghulam Nabi Azad, Tata Sons Chairman N. Chandrasekharan, Paralympics Medalist Devendra Jhajharia, Etc Received The Padma Bhushan. 54 People Were Given Padma Shri Awards.
- Mr. Kovind Presented Padma Vibhushan To Veteran Hindustani Classical Vocalist Dr. Prabha Atre. Former UP SM Kalyan Singh (Posthumously). 9 Padma Bhushan Awards Were Presented. Krishna Murthy Ella And Suchitra Ella Of Bharat Biotech, Dr. Sanjaya Rajaram (Posthumously).
- Paralympics Gold Medalist Pramod Bhagat And Sumit Antil, Tokyo Olympics Gold Medalist Neeraj Chopra, Singer Sonu Nigam Received Padma Shri.
UN World Water Development Report 2022
- The Report Was Launched At The Opening Ceremony Of The 9th World Water Forum In Dakar, Senegal. The Report States That Groundwater, Which Accounts For 99% Of All Liquid Freshwater, Has The Potential To Provide Societies With Tremendous Social, Economic, And Environmental Benefits And Opportunities.
- The Groundwater Already Provides Almost Half Of The Total Water Used For Domestic Purposes Including Drinking Water. The Water Resource Has Been Mismanaged, Undervalued, And Abused. Groundwater To Be Central To The Fight Against Poverty And Achieving Food And Water Security.
- That The Present Dependence On Groundwater Will Only Increase Due To Increasing Water Demand By All Sectors And Increasing Disruption In Rainfall Patterns. The Report Further Highlights The Opportunities And Challenges Associated With The Management Of Groundwater Across The World.
- It Also Aims To Establish A Clear Understanding Regarding The Role Of Groundwater In Daily Life And Opportunities For Optimizing Its Use To Ensure The Long-term Sustainability Of The Water Resource. It All Starts With Making The Invisible Visible And The Strong Action.
Indian Constitution Translated Into Ol Chiki Script
- Santhali Is Written In Ol Chiki Script And Spoken By 6.4 Million People, According To The 2001 Census, In India Alone And Its Speakers Live Mostly In Jharkhand, West Bengal, Odisha, And Assam. It Is Also Spoken In Bangladesh And Nepal.
- In 2003, The 92nd Constitutional Amendment Act Added Santhali To Schedule VIII To The Constitution Of India, Which Lists The Official Languages Of India, Along With The Bodo, Dogri, And Maithili Languages.
- The Anniversary Of The Deaths Of Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev Thapar, And Shivaram Rajguru On 23 Mar 1930, In Lahore, Is Declared To Be Martyr’s Day.
- PM To Inaugurate Biplobi Bharat Gallery At Victoria Memorial Hall, Kolkata. Gallery Depicts The Contribution Of The Revolutionaries In The Freedom Struggle. It Provides A Holistic View Of The Events That Led Up To 1947.
WINGS INDIA 2022
- Ministry Of Civil Aviation And FICCI Are Jointly Organizing WINGS INDIA 2022 – Asia’s Largest Event On Civil Aviation (Commercial, General, And Business Aviation), Providing A Congenial Forum Catering To The Rapidly Changing Dynamics Of The Sector.
- It Focuses On New Business Acquisition, Investments, Policy Formation, And Regional Connectivity. It Will Provide A Much-desired Fillip To Aviation And Restructured Focused Forums Shall Be Instrumental In Attaining The Objective Of Connecting The Buyers, Sellers, Investors Etc.
- The Theme Of The Event Is “India@75: New Horizon For Aviation Industry”. “WINGS INDIA AWARDS” Will Be Conferred Upon The aviation-related Companies/Institutions/Organizations That Have Created Benchmarks And Made Notable Contributions In The Area Of Civil Aviation In India.
UGC Makes CET Mandatory For All Central Universities
- UGC Chairman, M Jagadesh Kumar has said that Central Universities will have to use Common University Entrance Test CUET scores to admit students to UG programs this year. From the 2022-23 academic year, the NTA will conduct the CUET for UG & PG programs.
- The Syllabus Of The CUET Will Be Mirrored With The Class 12 Model Syllabus Of The NCERT. CUET Will Be Conducted In The First Week Of July. The Application Process For UG CUET Will Start From The First Week Of April.
COP4 – Minamata Convention: Indonesia
- Indonesia Has Introduced A Global Declaration That Calls On Parties To The Minamata Convention On Mercury To Tackle The Illegal Trade Of Mercury. The Declaration Was Read In Nusa Dua, Bali, Where Indonesia Is Hosting It. The Conference Is Being Held From 21st To 25th March 2022.
- The Non-binding Declaration Calls Upon Parties:
- To Develop Practical Tools, Notification & Info-sharing Systems For Monitoring And Managing Trade-In Mercury.
- Exchange Experiences And Practices Relating To Combating Illegal Trade In Mercury, Including Reducing The Use Of Mercury In Artisanal And Small-scale Gold Mining.
- Share Examples Of National Legislation And Data And Information Related To Such Trade.
- The Minamata Convention On Mercury Is A Global Treaty To Protect Human Health And The Environment From The Adverse Effects Of Mercury And Its Compounds. It Was Agreed At The 5th Session Of The Intergovernmental Negotiating Committee In Geneva, Switzerland 2013.
$400 Billion Of Goods Exports
- India’s goods exports crossed a record-high $400 billion mark in 2021-’22, nine days ahead of schedule, said the Union Ministry of Commerce & Industry on March 23. Prime Minister Narendra Modi also tweeted in praise of the achievement.
- The exports, which touched $374.05 billion by February, had registered a 45.8% jump in April 2021-February 2022 compared to the same period last year and it was 28.16% higher than the same period in the fiscal year 2019-’20.
- But the imports, however, had cost India $550.12 billion, marking a 59.21% increase over the same period in the fiscal year 2020-’21.
Sujalam 2.0 Campaign
- Jal Shakti Minister Gajendra Singh Shekhawat Has Launched The Sujalam 2.0 Campaign For Greywater Management. Under The Campaign Government Will Mobilize Communities, Panchayats, Schools, Anganwadis To Undertake Greywater Management.
- Over 6 Lakh Villages Will See Intense Activity On Solid And Liquid Waste Management. Greywater Can Be Best Managed Where It Is Generated And Turns Into A Major Management And Infrastructure Challenge If It Is Allowed To Accumulate And Stagnate.
Bangladesh Most Polluted Country Of The World
- Bangladesh Was The Most Polluted Country In The World In 2021, Says The World Air Quality Report Prepared By The Swiss-based Air Quality Technology Company IQAir. In Terms Of Particulate Matter In The Air, It Recorded An Average PM2.5 Level Of 76.9 Micrograms Per Cubic Meter In 2021.
- Earlier, In 2018, 2019, And 2020 Also Was Found To Be The Most Polluted Country. The Data Reveals That Not A Single Country In The World Managed To Meet The WHO’s Air Quality Standard In 2021. All Over The World, 93 Cities Reported PM 2.5 Levels At 10 Times The Recommended Level.
- Among The Cities, Dhaka Was The 2nd Most Polluted City In The World With A PM 2.5 Level Of 78.1 Just Below New Delhi Which Had A PM 2.5 Level Of 85.1 In 2021. IQAir Analyzed Data From 6475 Cities Across 117 Countries For Air Quality In 2021 To Arrive At The Conclusion.
GeM Achieves Orders Value Of Rs 1 Lakh Crore
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday congratulated the Government e Marketplace (GeM) as the Union government’s portal for procurement of goods and services for central and state government organisations crossed the milestone of ₹1 lakh crore in a single year.
- Government e Marketplace is an online platform for public procurement in India. The initiative was launched on August 9, 2016 by the Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India with the objective to create an open and transparent procurement platform for government buyers.
H2ooooh! – Waterwise Program For The Children
- 3 Animated Films On Protection & Conservation Of Indian Rivers under H2Ooooh! Initiative released. Waterwise program for the Children of India’ Is An Initiative By Namami Gange (NMCG), UNESCO & Others. Initiative Engaging Over 31,000 Students From 53 Schools In 18 States.
NITI Aayog Export Preparedness Index 2021
- NITI Aayog In Partnership With The Institute Of Competitiveness, Is A Comprehensive Analysis Of India’s Export Achievements.
- The Index Is Used To Benchmark The Performance Of States And UTs Against Their Peers And Analyze Potential Challenges To Develop Better Policy Mechanisms To Foster Export-led Growth At The Subnational Level.
- Gujarat Has Retained The Top Position At The NITI Aayog’s Second Edition Of The Export Preparedness Index 2021 Followed By Maharashtra, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Punjab, Andhra Pradesh, And Telangana As The Top 10 Performers.
- Among Union Territories, Delhi Has Topped The Index Followed By Goa, Jammu, Kashmir, Chandigarh, And Puducherry While Uttarakhand, Himachal Pradesh, Tripura, Sikkim, And Manipur Were At The Top Five Paces Among Himalayan States.
- The EPI Ranks States And UT’s On 4 Main Pillars:
- Policy; Business Ecosystem; Export Ecosystem, And Export Performance.
- Along With 11 Sub-pillars That Includes Export Promotion Policy; Institutional Framework; Business Environment; Infrastructure; Transport Connectivity; Access To Finance; Export Infrastructure etc.
- As Per The 2021 Index, The 3 Major Challenges To India’s Export Promotion Include Intra- And Inter-regional Differences In Export Infrastructure; Weak Trade Support And Growth Orientation Across States; And Lack Of R&D Infrastructure To Promote Complex And Unique Exports.
Reserve Bank Innovation Hub
- Shaktikanta Das (RBI Governor) Inaugurated The Reserve Bank Innovation Hub (RBIH) In Bengaluru. It Has Been Set Up Under The Companies Act, 2013 With An Initial Capital Contribution Of Rs. 100 Crore. It Is A Wholly-owned Subsidiary Of The RBI.
- Aim: To Create An Ecosystem That Focuses On Promoting Access To Financial Services And Products For The Low-income Population In The Country. To Bring World-class Innovation To The Financial Sector In India, Coupled With The Underlying Theme Of Financial Inclusion.
October 5 Recommended As National Dolphin Day
- Standing Committee Of The National Board For Wildlife Recommend It For Generating Awareness & Community Participation Is Integral For The Conservation Of The Indicator Species. Shri Bhupender Yadav Chairs The 67th Meeting Of The Standing Committee Of The National Board For Wildlife.
WHO Global Centre For Traditional Medicine
- Ministry Of Ayush Signed The Host Country Agreement With WHO For Establishing The WHO Global Centre For Traditional Medicine In India At Jamnagar, Gujarat, With Its Interim Office At The Institute Of Training And Research In Ayurveda (ITRA) In Gujarat.
- This Centre Will Be Supported By An Investment Of About USD 250 Million From The GoI. The Primary Objective Of GCTM Is To Harness The Potential Of Traditional Medicine From Across The World Through Modern Sci & Tech And Improve The Overall Health Of The Communities Across the World.
- GCTM Will Be The First And Only Global Centre (Office) For Traditional Medicine Across The Globe. It Will Focus On Building A Solid Evidence Base For Policies And Standards On Traditional Medicine Practices And Products And Help Countries Integrate Into Their Health Systems And Regulate It.
Sindhu Shines At Swiss Open
- Sindhu Has Won The Women’s Singles Title Beating Thailand’s Busanan 21-16 & 21-8 In Straight Games At Basel. Earlier She Had Won The Syed Modi International Super 300 In Lucknow In January This Year. However, Prannoy Lost To Indonesian Jonatan 12-21 & 18-21 In The Men’s Singles Title Clash.
3rd National Water Awards
- President Kovind Launched The Jal Shakti Abhiyan – Catch The Rain 2022, Heralding A New Era Of Ensuring Water Security In The Country. The Campaign Will Continue Till 30th Nov This Year With Focus On Spring Shed Development, Catchment Area Augmentation, And Gender Mainstreaming.
- The Conservation Of Water Should Be Made A Mass Campaign. President Also Felicitated As Many As 57 Awards To States, Organizations, And Individuals In Eleven Different Categories. Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan, And Tamil Nadu Have Been Awarded The 1st 2nd 3rd Prizes.
- Boltzmann Medal 2022 Was Awarded To
- Deepak Dhar
- Jayant Narlikar
- Sandip Chakrabarti
- Harish Chandra
- Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana Extended Till
- April 2022
- June 2022
- September 2022
- December 2022
- Supercomputer Param Shakti
- IIT Kanpur
- IIT Madras
- IIT Kharagpur
- IIT Roorkee
- Supercomputer Param Pravega
- IIT Kanpur
- IIT Lucknow
- IISc Bengaluru
- IIT Roorkee
- Supercomputer Param Ganga
- IIT Kanpur
- IIT Lucknow
- IISc Bengaluru
- IIT Roorkee
- The First Leg Of Rashtriya Sanskriti Mahotsav 2022
- Andhra Pradesh
- Tamil Nadu
- Obaidullah Khan Hockey Cup 2022 Won By
- Indian Railway
- COP4 To The Minamata Convention Is Being Hosted By
- Clean Water And Sanitation For All
- SDG 2
- SDG 4
- SDG 6
- SDG 8
- The 9th World Water Forum
- 13th Fazza International Championships
- The Day Of Nowruz Is Mainly Celebrated By
- United Nations Forum On Forests Was Established In
- Bismillah Khan Is Well Known For
- India Stood At _____ In World Happiness Report 2022
- Besides 22 Languages Sahitya Akademi Has Recognised
- English and Rajasthani
- Sindhi and Bhojpuri
- Haryanvi and Marathi
- English and Nepali
- UPI123pay And Digisaathi Were Launched By
- Ministry OF Finance
- 1st Gati Shakti Cargo Terminal Was Commissioned At
- Forests Come Under
- Zaporizhzhia Is Largest Nuclear Plant In
- World Hearing Day Is Celebrated On
- March 1
- March 2
- March 3
- March 4
- HQ Of UNEP
- New York
- Indian Civil Accounts Service (ICAS) Belong To
- All India Services
- Central Group A Services
- Central Group B Services
- Central Group C Services
- The Service Chief Of The Indian Civil Accounts Service(ICAS)
- Finance Minister
- Controller General of Accounts (CGA)
- Controller & Auditor General (CAG)
- Cabinet Secretary
- Controller General of Accounts (CGA) Of India
- Deepak Das
- Shaktikanta Das
- Kiran Reddy
- A R Narayan
- Janaushadhi Diwas Is Celebrated On
- 1 March
- 3 March
- 7 March
- 10 March
- Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Pariyojana (PMBJP)
- Department of Pharmaceuticals
- Department of Chemicals
- Department of Fertilizers
- Department of Medicine
- India Rank @ International IP Index 2022
- ___ Won Gold At Wushu Stars Championship 2022
- 1st National Science Day Was Celebrated In