Objective Of Personal Interview In SSB
- To check the OLQs of the candidate – OLQs like effective intelligence, power of expression, liveliness, determination, etc. are best checked in personal interview. In interview, the interviewing officer can ask questions on various topics, so the qualities can be easily tested on the spot.
- To know about the candidate’s personal life – The interviewing officer may ask various questions on the candidate’s personal life including about their family, friends, education, profession, etc. They will also ask questions based on the PIQ submitted by the candidate. It helps them to understand how well the candidate knows about their own life and also their clarity of thoughts.
- To check the power of expression of the candidate – Interview also checks the ability of the candidate to convey his/her thoughts in a proper manner. The candidate should be able to put across his/her point in a clear and concise manner.
- To check the candidate’s self-confidence – Only if the candidate has self-confidence, can he put across his point in a proper manner. Power of expression must be supported with self-confidence for the candidate to do well in the interview.
- To check the candidate’s speed of decision making – Since the interview only lasts for 40-60 mins, every question asked has to be answered on the spot. Sometimes, various situations may also be presented to the candidate to check their reactions. This helps the interviewing officer to understand the ability of the candidate to take quick and rational decisions.
- To check how aware the candidate is – Interview best helps to check how aware and alert the candidate is about their surroundings, the people they most interact with and also about the current events happening in the country and the world. By asking questions of various types, the interviewing officer is easily able to test how well the candidate understands their environment.
- Why is personal interview conducted?
- To check the OLQs of the candidate
- To know about the candidate’s personal life
- To check the power of expression of the candidate
- To check the candidate’s self confidence
- To check candidate’s speed of decision making
- To check how aware the candidate is