DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS 01 December 2021
25th Chief Naval Staff took Charge
- Admiral R. Hari Kumar today assumed charge as the 25th Chief of the Naval Staff. He received Guard of Honour at the South Block lawns in New Delhi as the new Chief of Naval Staff. Admiral Hari Kumar succeeds Admiral Karambir Singh who superannuated today.
- Talking to reporters, Admiral Hari Kumar said, it is a matter of great honour for him to take charge as the Chief of Naval Staff of Indian Navy. He said, the focus of Indian Navy’s is on national maritime interests and maritime security challenges.
- Admiral R. Hari Kumar was commissioned on 1st January 1983 into the Executive Branch of the Indian Navy. During his long and distinguished service spanning nearly 39 years, he has served in a variety of Command, Staff, and Instructional appointments. He has been decorated with the Param Vishist Seva Medal, Ati Vishist Seva Medal and Vishist Seva Medal.
- More Details: 10 Inspiring Facts About Chief Of The Naval Staff Admiral R Hari Kumar
Parag Agrawal takes over as CEO of Twitter
- Indian tech wizard Parag Agrawal takes over as CEO of the social media platform Twitter following the departure of its co-founder CEO.
- Yesterday Twitter co-founder Jack Dorsey has stepped down as chief executive of the company paving way for the current chief technical officer, Parag Agrawal, to take over. Mr Dorsey has been serving as chief executive of both Twitter and payment firm Square.
- Parag Agrawal, IIT alumnus, joins the likes of Sundar Pichai and Satya Nadella as Indian-origin techies at the help of the biggest tech companies of the world. A Computer Science and Engineering graduate from IIT Bombay, Agrawal is a Ph.D. from Stanford University.
Strategic disinvestment of Central Electronics Ltd
- Government has approved strategic disinvestment of Central Electronics Limited. The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs, CCEA empowered Alternative Mechanism comprising Road Transport and Highways Minister Nitin Gadkari, Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman and Science and Technology Minister Dr Jitendra Singh, has approved the highest price bid of M/s Nandal Finance and Leasing Private Limited for sale of 100 percent equity shareholding of Government of India in Central Electronics Limited.
- Finance Ministry said, the winning bid is for 210 crore sixty thousand rupees. The process for disinvestment of Central Electronics Limited commenced in 2016 with the in-principle approval of CCEA.
- The entire disinvestment process has been carried out in a transparent manner, through multi-layered decision making involving Inter-Ministerial Group, Core Group of Secretaries on Disinvestment, and the empowered Alternative Mechanism at the apex Ministerial level.
- Central Electronics Limited is a Union Government owned engineering company based in India with its manufacturing unit located at Sahibabad, district Ghaziabad in the state of Uttar Pradesh.
- Central Electronics Limited is a pioneer in India in the areas of solar photovoltaics, ferrites, and piezo ceramics. It is among the top producers of single crystalline silicon solar cells in the world.
‘Call your Cop’ mobile App for citizens
- Nagaland DGP T. John Longkumer officially launched the ‘Call your Cop’ mobile App today at Police Headquarters in Kohima. Speaking at the launch, DGP Longkumer said the App will enable all citizens of the state especially those in distress to get in touch directly with the police as easily available with just one click away.
- the development of this App is one of the most important initiatives of the Nagaland Police with the aim to bring the police and public closer.
- The features in the App include directory, alerts, tourist tips, SOS, nearest police station and search. Citizens can download the app from google store on any android phone. One can download the app from the google store.
Govt Health Expenditure Share in GDP Increases
- The share of Government Health Expenditure in total GDP of the country has increased from 1.15 percent in 2013-14 to 1.35 percent in 2017-18. This is as per the findings of the National Health Accounts Estimates for India for the year 2017-18 released by the Health Ministry’s Secretary Rajesh Bhushan today.
- The findings also show that the share of Government Health Expenditure in total health expenditure has increased from 28.6 percent in 2013-14 to 40.8 percent in 2017-18.
- In per capita terms, the Government Health Expenditure has also increased from one thousand and 42 rupees to one thousand 753 rupees between the two periods.
- Health Ministry said that the nature of the increase in the Government’s health sector is moving in the right direction as more emphasis has been given to primary health care.
- It said that the findings depict that the foreign aid for health has come down showcasing India’s economic self-reliance. It added that the government’s efforts to improve public health care are evident with out-of-pocket expenditure as a share of total health expenditure coming down.
India Likely to have a Double-Digit Growth this year
- Chief Economic Advisor K V Subramanian has said that India is likely to have a double-digit growth this year. Briefing media, Mr Subramanian said, overall growth for the first half has been 13.7 per cent, so, even a little more than 6 per cent growth in the subsequent quarters should be able to deliver double-digit growth for this year.
- He said, India is expected to grow at 6.5 to 7 per cent in 2022-23 and over 7 per cent thereafter.
- Mr Subramanian said, formal sector has emerged well from COVID crisis. He said, informal sector, even though it’s been impacted, the nature of its production means that it will be less impacted.
- The CEA said, financial sector has emerged stronger and manufacturing sector shows that India in this decade should grow.
- He said, the cumulative annual growth rate between 2015-2019 has been higher for India than China in manufacturing gross value, merchandise exports and manufactured goods exports.
- Mr Subramanian said, fiscal deficit target of 6.8 per cent of GDP for current financial year likely to be met.
2 Cr beneficiaries enrolled under Atal Pension Yojana
- Nearly Two Crore beneficiaries including 88 lakh women and Four thousand Five hundred trans genders enrolled under Atal Pension Yojana in the last three years. In reply to a question in Rajya Sabha Minister of State for Finance Dr. Bhagwat Karad said, the Scheme is for all the citizens between 18 to 40 age group with savings account in a bank or the post office.
- Atal Pension Yojana is operational since 1st June 2015, with an objective of creating a universal social security system for all Indians, especially the poor, under-privileged and the workers in unorganized sectors.
- Which social media platform has launched two cyber safety campaigns named ‘Safe Stree’ and ‘My Kanoon’?
- Snap Chat
- Which famous personality has announced to launch a new social media network, called TRUTH Social?
- Donald Trump
- Narendra Modi
- Hillary Clinton
- Kim Jong-un
- Recently, Ministry of Information and Broadcasting has launched its account in which social media platform to counter fake news?
- “Super Follows” feature has been introduced by which social media giant?
- Which country is set to create its own social media platform called ‘Jogajog’?
- Sri Lanka
- Which social media platform discontinued its feature named ‘Fleets’?
- What is the name of the informational video series released in the Health Ministry’s social media platforms?
- COVID Warrior
- COVID GuruKool
- COVID DRONA
- COVID ASTRA
- Which social media company launched a set of publishing and subscription tools named ‘Bulletin’?
- Tik Tok
- Square Inc belongs to the owner of which social media major?
- Which social media has moved Delhi HC against the new data protection rules of the Government of India?