DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS 15th July 2021
BHIM – UPI Launched in Bhutan
- The Union Minister of Finance of India along with her counterpart, the Finance Minister of Bhutan has jointly launched Bharat Interface for Money – Unified Payments Interface (BHIM-UPI) in Bhutan.
- The payment system was launched by NPCI International Payments Ltd. (NIPL), the international arm of National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI), in partnership with the Royal Monetary Authority (RMA) of Bhutan.
- Bhutan will also become the only country to both issue and accept RuPay cards as well as accept BHIM-UPI.
Piyush Goyal will be the Leader of House in Rajya Sabha
- Union Minister Piyush Goyal will be the Leader of the House in the Rajya Sabha. He will replace Thaawarchand Gehlot, who is now the Governor of Karnataka.
- The Leader of the House is responsible for organizing government meetings and business in the House. This office is not enshrined in the constitution and provided under the Rules of Rajya Sabha.
DA for Central Govt Employees Increased to 28%
- The Union Cabinet gave its approval to hike the Dearness Allowance to Central Government employees and Dearness Relief to pensioners from existing 17 per cent of the Basic Pay and Pension to 28 per cent. It will be effective from 1st of this month.
- Information and Broadcasting Minister Anurag Thakur said that in view of the unprecedented situation which arose due to the COVID-19 pandemic, three additional installments of Dearness Allowance and Dearness Relief which were due from 1st January 2020, 1st July 2020 and 1st January 2021 had been frozen.
- Mr. Thakur said, now the decision was taken to increase the DA and DR from 17 per cent to 28 per cent.
Jal Jeevan Mission Crosses Another Milestone
- “Every family in over one lakh villages in the country has a functional household tap water connection”. tweeted Mr. Gajendra Singh Shekhawat (Jal Shakti Minister)
- Jal Jeevan Mission was announced by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 15th August 2019, which aims to provide tap water connection to every rural household of the country by 2024.
- In the last 23 months, Jal Jeevan Mission has provided tap water supply to 4.5 crore households. Around 50 thousand Gram Panchayats have now become “Har Ghar Jal”.
Commission Over Sub-categorization within Other Backward Classes (OBCs) Gets Extension
- The Union Cabinet chaired by the Hon’ble Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi today has approved the Eleventh Extension of the term of the Commission constituted under Article 340 of the Constitution to examine the issue of Sub-categorization within Other Backward Classes (OBCs) in the Central List by 6 months beyond 31st July 2021 and up to 31st January 2022.
- The Commission is headed by Justice (Retd.) G Rohini. It took charge in October 2017.
UAE becomes 1st Gulf State to Open Embassy in Israel
- UAE ambassador Mohamed Al Khaja said that since the normalization of ties, we have seen for the first-time discussions on trade and investment opportunities.
- He added that major agreements across various fields, including economy, air travel, technology and culture have been signed.
- Israeli President Isaac Herzog called the opening of the embassy “an important milestone in our journey towards the future, peace prosperity and security” for the Middle East.
- National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) works under the Ownership of __________.
- Ministry of Finance
- Ministry of Corporate Affairs
- Ministry of Commerce
- NPCI was Established in _______.
- _________ is Current MD & CEO of NPCI.
- Biswamohan Mahapatra
- Dilip Asbe
- Shaktikanta Das
- Rajiv Malhotra
- Which of the following is not part of Collaboration by NPCI for Developing BharatQR Code?
- American Express
- Who was the First Leader of the House in the Rajya Sabha?
- N. Gopala swami Iyengar
- Charu Chandra Biswas
- Lal Bahadur Shastri
- Govind Ballabh Pant
- Who was the first Leaders of the Opposition in Rajya Sabha?
- Shyam Nandan Prasad Mishra
- M. S. Gurupadaswamy
- Kamalapati Tripathi
- Bhola Paswan Shastri
- Who is the Current Leaders of the Opposition in Rajya Sabha?
- Ghulam Nabi Azad
- Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury
- Mallikarjun Kharge
- Jaipal Reddy
- __________ recommended for 27% reservation to OBC’s.
- Sarkaria Commission
- Rajamanar Commission
- Mandal Commission
- Malimath Commission
- The Recommendation of Mandal commission were implemented by _________.
- Morarji Desai
- V P Singh
- P V Narsimha Rao
- H D Deve Gouda
- _________ is the Capital City of UAE.
- Abu Dhabi