Strong women rise from the ashes of their former selves. They are built from the fires of hardships and struggles. They earn every bit of their strength.
Toughness, confidence, and independence are most admirable traits of a Lady Officer. A perfect mix of vulnerability and strength, which is not always easy to portray without coming off in a negative light. And a Lady Cadet while being in the training academy polishes her ordinary attributes to that level of extraordinariness where she learns that humility is not about thinking less of yourself but thinking of yourself less and more of others.
We are all endowed with greatness, and only we can unlock the chest that contains that powerful, priceless spirit. Sharing some qualities that make Lady Cadets stand out among the rest and which we can inculcate in our lifestyle:
- Positive Attitude: There is no energy that can imitate what is released when a positive, high-stepping woman enters a room. A positive attitude is the fuel required to drive us from conceiving an idea to realizing it.
A positive attitude takes conscious effort on your part. Get hold of negative thoughts and replace them with positive ones. Listen to the things you are saying to yourself in your mind. Deliberately use words that focus on constructive, affirming truths about yourself.
To help you stay positive, surround yourself with people who will encourage, inspire and believe in you. If you have a positive attitude, you will be able to see the potential that lies within you.
- Courage: Women who have struggled in their lives tend to have astonishing inner strength. Use adversity to your advantage. At the end of a struggle, you are a better, more valuable person. Helen Keller said, “Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, vision cleared, ambition inspired and success achieved.” Find what you are meant to learn in a struggle, and you will see that it isn’t as fierce as it appears to be.
- Strong Minded: Strong minded doesn’t mean that you are rude, arrogant or superior. On the contrary, a strong-minded woman displays confidence. When you are strong minded, you are empowered, possess a healthy self-image and take responsibility for your life. The pioneering spirit, by its very nature, requires us to consider possibilities that most aren’t brave enough to.
- Soft-Hearted: Compassion allows us to reach beyond our cookie-cutter lives and make a difference in the lives of others. By reaching out to others, we grow as individuals. A woman with a compassionate heart has great influence.
- Integrity: You don’t need to leave victims in your path to be victorious. You don’t need to step on others to step to the next level. Integrity must be the very core of your character. Always put honor before anything and live by your convictions. As you gain respect and trust, your association with others will grow.
- Balance in Life: Our lives revolve around four major categories: family and friends, health, wealth, and spirit. These domains must be balanced to lead a fulfilled life. Evaluate your balance continually. A balanced life allows you to think clearly with imagination and optimism.
- Driven by a Cause: Look up for those stars which motivate you to do something. Find the needs in your life ventures and pursue those causes with passion.
- Leadership: Great woman lead. Let everyone know what you have that ignites that flame within. You can help mold the great woman of tomorrow.
- Multi tasking: Be a hero at both the home front and the professional front. Like our Lady Officers, manage your personal and professional life and pursue both personal and mission accomplishment.
- Fitness: Physical as well as mental fitness has always been recommended for living a healthy lifestyle. Also, it manifests you into a completely different person. You are strong, confident and poised.
- Mental Toughness: Being a strong and mentally tough woman is not about behaving like a man. Instead, it is about embracing your femininity and showing it to the world, while making sure that you take control of the things that you are doing and get them done.
- Decision Making: Deciding when to stick it out for yourself for a good cause and when to restrain. Deciding the right prospectives in the wrong situations. Deciding when to give your affirmation. Deciding when to trust your guts. All it simply takes is good decision-making skills. Though nobody is perfect, it’s just fine to accept and forgive yourself for the wrong decisions made.
- Adaptability: Nothing in life is constant. Change is a part of life and adaptability is a way of living life. You have to be ready always for all kinds of changes and embrace them heartily as and when it comes.
- Passion: Fill yourself with deep desire and determination to realize your dreams. Make long- term goals and commit yourself to it.
- Challenging Lifestyle: You want to keep growing and improving, which is why you must keep pushing yourselves more even onto new boundaries. Make sure that you don’t only do good but better.
Our strength and poise aren’t built in a gym. They built from the trials and tests we encounter in our lives! Remember, STRONG IS BEAUTIFUL!!