DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS 4th – 8th September 2021
India finished inside the top 25 in the medal table at the Tokyo Paralympics
- India’s tally of 19 is also the country’s best at a multi-spot world event, going past the tally of 13 registered at the Summer Youth Olympics in 2018.
- India Stood at 24th Rank in top 25 country list of winning Paralympic medals.
- From its first-ever Paralympics in 1968 to 2020, a lot was expected of India’s largest contingent at the Paralympics – a 54 strong unit – and the para-athletes lived up to the hype, winning medals at will in Tokyo.
- Full list of India’s medalists from the Tokyo 2020 Paralympics
- Avani Lekhara – Gold – Women’s 10m Air Rifle Standing SH1
- Pramod Bhagat – Gold – Men’s singles SL3 badminton
- Krishna Nagar – Gold – Men’s singles SH6 badminton
- Sumit Antil – Gold – Men’s Javelin Throw F64
- Manish Narwal – Gold – Mixed 50m Pistol SH1
- Bhavinaben Patel – Silver – Women’s Singles Class 4 Table Tennis
- Singhraj – Silver – Mixed 50m Pistol SH1
- Yogesh Kathuniya – Silver – Men’s Discus F56
- Nishad Kumar – Silver – Men’s High Jump T47
- Mariyappan Thangavelu – Silver – Men’s High Jump T63
- Praveen Kumar – Silver – Men’s High Jump T64
- Devendra Jhajharia – Silver – Men’s Javelin F46
- Suhas Yathiraj – Silver – Men’s Singles Badminton SL4
- Avani Lekhara – Bronze – Women’s 50m Rifle 3 Positions SH1
- Harvinder Singh – Bronze – Men’s Individual Recurve Archery
- Sharad Kumar- Bronze – Men’s High Jump T63
- Sundar Singh Gurjar -Bronze- Men’s Javelin Throw F46
- Manoj Sarkar – Bronze – Men’s Singles Badminton SL3
- Singhraj – Bronze – Men’s 10m Air Pistol SH1
6th Eastern Economic Forum 2021
- Formed in 2015, EEF is an international forum held each year in Vladivostok, Russia, for the purpose of encouraging foreign investment in the Russian Far East.
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi delivered a video-address during the plenary session of the 6th Eastern Economic Forum (EEF) held on 3 September 2021 in Vladivostok.
- It may be recalled that PM was the Chief Guest for the 5th EEF in 2019, the first by an Indian Prime Minister.
- Applauding President Putin’s vision for the development of the Russian Far East, PM reiterated India’s commitment as part of its “Act East Policy’ of being a reliable partner of Russia in this regard.
- He underlined the natural complementarities of India and Russia in the development of Russian Far East.
“AYUSH AAPKE DWAR” Campaign
- Total 21 states are participating in the launch activities in which more than 2 lakh saplings will be distributed.
- Ministry of Aayush through this campaign aims to distribute medicinal plant saplings to 75 lakh households across the country in one year.
- The medicinal plants include Tejpatta, Stevia, Ashoka, Jatamansi, Giloy/Guduchi, Ashwagandha, Kumari, Shatavari, Lemongrass, Guggulu, Tulsi, Sarpagandha, Kalmegh, Brahmi and Amla.
- Rosh Hashanah – “head of the year”, is the Jewish New Year.
- The two-day holiday commemorates the beginning of the universe, Adam, and Eve.
- It is observed with special worship services and the sounding of the shofar, an instrument made of a ram’s horn, on both mornings of the holiday.
C-DOT celebrates its 38th Foundation Day
- Centre for Development of Telematics (C-DOT), the premier Telecom R&D Centre of the Department of Telecommunications, Ministry of Communications, Government of India, observed its 38th Foundation Day on 4th September.
- C-DOT has continued to organize technical workshops and seminars on contemporary themes related to the newly emerging dimensions of Telecom & ICT to mark its Foundation Day celebrations.
51st Foundation Day event of Bureau of Police Research and Development (BPR&D)
- Union Home Minister Amit Shah decorates the best police training institutes with trophies and awards and presents medals for excellence in police training.
- The Bureau of Police Research and Development (BPR&D) was set up on 28 August 1970 in furtherance of the objective of the Government of India for the modernization of police forces.
- It has evolved as a multifaceted, consultancy organization.
Electric Vehicle Charging Station in Meghalaya
- Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (POWERGRID), has laid the foundation stone for first ever Electric Vehicle Charging Station (EVCS) in the state of Meghalaya at its office complex yesterday at Lapalang, Shillong.
- The EVCS are being developed under Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of (Hybrid) & Electric Vehicles (FAME) India Scheme Phase-II.
- POWERGRID has developed itself as one of the market leaders in EVCS business and has its presence in major cities of India like Hyderabad, Ahmedabad, Delhi, Bengaluru, Gurugram and Kochi.
NALCO NAMASYA Mobile App
- National Aluminum Company Ltd (NALCO), a Navratnas CPSE under the Ministry of Mines, has been playing a key role in empowering the Micro and Small Enterprises (MSEs) through providing a modern & innovative platform ‘NALCO Micro and Small enterprise Yogayog Application’ (NAMASYA), a bi-lingual App developed exclusively for the benefit of the Company’s MSE Vendors.
- The App empowers MSEs with required information about vendor registration process, items which can be supplied by them with technical specification, vendor development and training Programmes of NALCO.
Parkash Purab of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji
- The occasion marks the completion of the holy book of Sikhs, Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji, under the supervision of the fifth Guru Arjan Dev Ji in 1604 at Gurdwara Ramsar Sahib.
- The Guru Granth is the central holy religious scripture of Sikhism, regarded by Sikhs as the final, sovereign, and eternal Guru following the lineage of the ten human gurus of the religion.
Shikshak Parv 2021
- Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi addressed the inaugural conclave of Shikshak Parv.
- He also launched Indian Sign Language Dictionary (audio and text embedded sign language video for the hearing impaired, in conformity with Universal Design of Learning), Talking Books (audiobooks for the visually impaired), School Quality Assurance and Assessment Framework of CBSE, NISHTHA teachers’ training programme for NIPUN Bharat and Vidyanjali portal (for facilitating education volunteers/ donors/ CSR contributors for school development).
India administered more than 1.13 Cr vaccine doses in last 24 hours
- India administered more than 1.13 Cr vaccine doses in last 24 hours
- Cumulative COVID-19 Vaccination Coverage exceeds 69.90 Cr
- Recovery Rate currently at 97.48%
- 31,222 New Cases reported in the last 24 hours
- India’s Active Caseload (3,92,864) is 1.19% of Total Cases
- Weekly Positivity Rate (2.56%) less than 3% for last 74 days
- HQ of Eastern Economic Forum
- St. Petersburg
- Boao Forum sometimes seen in news is associated with
- North America
- Who was first Minister of Aayush, when ministry was formed in 2014 (9th November)
- Sarbananda Sonowal
- Maneka Gandhi
- Shripad Naik
- Dr. Jitendra Singh
- The Centre for Development of Telematics (C-DOT) was established in
- The Bureau of Police Research and Development (BPR&D), was set up in
- Current DG of Bureau of Police Research and Development (BPR&D)
- V.S.K. Kaumudi
- Dr. Anandswarup Gupta
- Ajit Doval
- R K Reddy
- HQ of Power Grid Corporation of India Limited
- New Delhi
- HQ of National Aluminum Company Limited
- He Passed the Guruship of Sikhs to the Guru Granth Sahib
- Guru Gobind Singh
- Guru Arjan Singh
- Guru Angad Singh
- Guru Teg Bahadur
- Guru Gobind Singh founded warrior community known as Khalsa in