Update: Indian Air Force invites Indian citizens (Men and Women) to be part of this elite force as Group A Gazetted Officers in Flying and Ground Duty (Technical and Non-Technical) branches. Online AFCAT 2 2022 examination will be conducted on 26 Aug 22, 27 Aug 22, and 28 Aug 22.
AIR FORCE COMMON ADMISSION TEST (AFCAT- 02/2022) FOR FLYING BRANCHES AND GROUND DUTY (TECHNICAL AND NON-TECHNICAL) BRANCHES/ NCC SPECIAL ENTRY/METEOROLOGY ENTRY FOR COURSES COMMENCING IN JULY 2023
Candidates are to ensure their eligibility for the examination, as follows:-
- Candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfill all the eligibility conditions for admission to the examination. Their admission at all the stages of examination viz. Written examination and SSB test will be purely provisional, subject to their satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. If on verification at any time before or after the written examination or AFSB Testing, it is found that they do not fulfil any of the eligibility conditions, their candidature will be cancelled by the IAF.
- Mere issue of Admit card/ Call up letter to the candidate will not imply that his/ her candidature has been finally accepted by Indian Air Force.
AFACT 2 2022 Important Dates:
Below are the important dates of the AFCAT 2 2022 notification.
|AFCAT 2 2022 Applications Start||1st June 2022|
|AFCAT 2 2022 Applications Closes||30th June 2022|
|AFCAT 2 2022 Admit Card Release||2 weeks before the exam date|
|AFCAT 2 2022 Exam Date||26 Aug 22, 27 Aug 22, and 28 Aug 22.|
|AFCAT 2 2022 Results Release||September 2022|
|AFCAT Exam Online Coaching||Enroll Now|
|AFCAT 2 2022 Notification||Download|
Entry, Branch, Course Number and Vacancies
*Disclaimer. Vacancies indicated are tentative and subject to change without notice. Actual intake would depend on organisational requirements, various cadre control mechanisms, availability of training slots and actual number of vacancies accruing in July 2022. No representation in this regard will be entertained.
Note: There is no intake conducted for Accounts and Logistics branches for AFCAT 02/2021 for course commencing in July 2022.
Type of Commission. (a) Permanent Commission (PC) for Men. Candidates joining as PC officers would continue to serve till the age of superannuation in their respective branches as per their rank. (b) Short Service Commission (SSC) for Men & Women. (i) The engagement period for Flying Branch (Men and Women) SSC Officers is fourteen years from the date of Commissioning (Non extendable). (ii) The initial tenure for Ground Duty (Technical & Non-Technical) SSC Officers would be for a period of ten years. An extension of four years may be granted subject to service requirements, availability of vacancies, willingness, suitability and merit. (iii) Grant of Permanent Commission (PC) would be considered subject to service requirements, availability of vacancies, willingness, suitability and merit.
- Flying Branch through AFCAT and NCC Special Entry: 20 to 24 years as on 01 July 2022 i.e. born between 02 July 1998 to 01 July 2002 (both dates inclusive). Upper age limit for candidates holding valid and current Commercial Pilot License issued by DGCA (India) is relaxable upto 26 years i.e. born between 02 July 1996 to 01 July 2002 (both dates inclusive).
- Ground Duty (Technical & Non-Technical) Branch: 20 to 26 years as on 01 July 2022 i.e. born between 02 July 1996 to 01 July 2002 (both dates inclusive).
Marital Status: Candidates below 25 years of age must be unmarried at the time of commencement of course. Widows/ Widowers and divorcees (with or without encumbrances) below 25 years of age are also not eligible. A candidate who marries subsequent to the date of his application though successful at SSB or medical will not be eligible for training. A candidate who marries during the period of training shall be discharged and will be liable to refund all expenditure incurred on him by the Government. Married candidates above 25 years of age are eligible to apply but during training period they will neither be provided married accommodation nor can they live out with family.
- Flying Branch: Candidates should have mandatorily passed with a minimum of 50% marks each in Maths and Physics at 10+2 level and Graduation with minimum three years degree course in any discipline from a recognized University with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent. OR BE/B Tech degree (Four years course) from a recognised University with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent. OR Candidates who have cleared Section A & B examination of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India) or Aeronautical Society of India from a recognised University with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent.
- Ground Duty (Technical) Branch: Candidates with a minimum of 50% marks each in Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level and a minimum of four years degree graduation/integrated post-graduation qualification in Engineering/ Technology from recognized University.
- Ground Duty (Non-Technical) Branches: Administration. Passed 10+2 and Graduate Degree (Minimum three years degree course) in any discipline from a recognised university with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent or cleared section A & B examination of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India) or Aeronautical Society of India from a recognised university with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent. Education. Passed 10+2 and Post-Graduation with 50% marks in any discipline including integrated courses offering PG (Single degree without permission to exit and lateral entry) and with 60% marks in Graduation in any disciple.
- Meteorology: Passed 10+2 and Post Graduate Degree in any Science stream/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Geography/ Computer Applications/ Environmental Science/ Applied Physics/ Oceanography/ Meteorology/ Agricultural Meteorology/ Ecology & Environment/ Geo-physics/ Environmental Biology with minimum of 50% marks in aggregate of all papers put together (Provided Maths and Physics were studied at Graduation Level with a minimum of 55% marks in each).
- Only those candidates who have given 12th standard in 10+2 pattern of examination are eligible to apply for these courses.
- Two seats are reserved for Law qualified candidates in Ground duty (Non-Tech) branches and these candidates may get employed on legal duties of the IAF (after commissioning).
How to Apply: Aspirants for IAF are required to apply online by using the link https://careerindianairforce.cdac.in, or https://afcat.cdac.in. Aadhaar Card is mandatory for online registration. Detailed instructions for filling in the online application form are appended below.
Scheme of Online Examination: All applicants whose applications are submitted by due date will be called for AFCAT at one of the examination centres on either 26 Aug 22, 27 Aug 22, and 28 Aug 22.. It is mandatory for the candidates opting for Ground Duty (Technical) branch to appear in both AFCAT as well as Engineering Knowledge Test (EKT).
Exam Schedule: The AFCAT (and EKT) will be conducted in two days as per the following schedule
Syllabus. The subjects, the time allowed and the maximum marks allotted to each subject will be as follows.
The Online examination will consist of objective type questions and will be in English only for both AFCAT and EKT.
Marking Scheme is as follows:- (aa) Three marks will be awarded for every correct answer. (ab) One mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer. (ac) No marks for unattempted questions.