The Indian Air Force has released the AFCAT 2 2022 full notification as of 1st June 2022 for the course commencing in July 2023. The Air Force Common Admission Test is the entrance exam conducted by the Indian Air Force for the enrollment of Class-1 Gazette Officers in Flying and Ground Duties, technical and non-technical. The AFCAT is conducted twice a year, once in February and later in August/September. The exam has to be attempted in English. The application mode will be online and the exam will be a computer-based exam. Aspiring candidates can register from 1st to 30th June 2022.
Update: Indian Air Force invites Indian citizens (Men and Women) to be part of this elite force as Group A Gazetted Officers in Flying and Ground Duty (Technical and Non-Technical) branches. Online AFCAT 2 2022 examination will be conducted on 26 Aug 22, 27 Aug 22, and 28 Aug 22.
AIR FORCE COMMON ADMISSION TEST (AFCAT- 02/2022) FOR FLYING BRANCHES AND GROUND DUTY (TECHNICAL AND NON-TECHNICAL) BRANCHES/ NCC SPECIAL ENTRY/METEOROLOGY ENTRY FOR COURSES COMMENCING IN JULY 2023
- Book Your SSB Interview Class Now – Click Here
- Enroll In Our SSB Interview Course
- Join AFCAT Exam Online Coaching
AFCAT 2 2022 Important Dates:
|AFCAT 2 2022 Events||Important Dates|
|Release of short notification||19th May 2022|
|Release of Official notification||1st June 2022|
|AFCAT 2 2022 Applications Start||1st June 2022|
|AFCAT 2 2022 Applications End||30th June 2022|
|AFACT 2 2022 Exam Day||26 Aug 22, 27 Aug 22, and 28 Aug 22.|
|AFCAT 2 2022 Admit Card||2 weeks prior to the exam|
|AFCAT 2 2022 Results||One month after exam|
AFCAT 2 2022 Notification:
The Indian Air Force released a Full Notification on 1st June 2022.
AFCAT 2 2022 Applications:
The AFCAT 2 2022 registrations will start from 1st June 2022 and will end on 30th June 2022. Candidates can register from the official website https://careerindianairforce.cdac.in or https://afcat.cdac.in.
AFCAT 2 2022 Admit Card:
The admit cards for the exam are released two weeks before the exam by the Indian Air Force. Candidates appearing for the exam are required to download and print the admit card and have it ready for the exam.
AFCAT 2 2022 Eligibility Criteria:
- AFCAT Age Limit
|Lower Age||Upper Age|
|Flying Branch||20 years||24 years|
|Ground Duties (Technical and Non-Technical)||20 years||26 years|
- For candidates holding a valid and current Commercial Pilot License issued by the DGCA India, the upper age limit is relaxed to 26 years.
- Candidates below the age of 25 years should be unmarried during the time of commencement of the course.
- Widows/widowers and divorcees, with or without encumbrances, below 25 years of age are also not eligible.
AFCAT Educational Qualification
- AFACT Flying Branch Educational Qualification:
The candidates applying for the Flying Branch vacancies must have one of the following educational qualifications.
- Candidates must have scored a minimum of 50% marks each in Maths and Physics at 10+2 level and Graduation with a minimum of three years degree course in any discipline from a recognized University with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent.
- BE/B Tech degree (Four years course) from a recognized university with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent.
- Cleared Section A & B examination of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India) or Aeronautical Society of India from a recognized university with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent
- AFACT Technical Ground Duty Educational Qualification:
The Technical Ground Duty post is divided into two categories such as Aeronautical Engineer (Electronics) and Aeronautical Engineer (Mechanical). Therefore, the eligibility criteria of these two posts are mentioned separately to clear the confusion.
|AFCAT Aeronautical Engineer (Electronics)||A minimum of 50% marks each in Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level and a minimum of four years degree graduation/integrated post-graduation qualification in Engineering/ Technology from a recognized University, or Cleared Sections A and B exam of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India) or Aeronautical Society of India or Graduate Membership Exam of the Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers by actual studies with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent in the following disciplines.|
|AFCAT Aeronautical Engineer (Mechanical)||A minimum of 60% marks each in Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level and a minimum of four years degree graduation/integrated post-graduation qualification in Engineering/Technology from a recognized university, or Cleared Sections A & B examination of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India) or Aeronautical Society of India by actual studies with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent in the following disciplines.|
|AFCAT Administration & Logistics||Graduate Degree in any discipline from a recognized university with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent or cleared section A & B examination of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India) or Aeronautical Society of India from a recognized university with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent.|
|AFCAT Accounts||B.Com. Degree from a recognized university with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent.|
|AFCAT Education||MBA/ MCA or MA/ MSc degree in English/ Physics/ Mathematics/ Chemistry/ Statistics/ International relations/ International Studies/ Defence Studies/ Psychology/ Computer Science/ IT/ Management/ Mass Communication/ Journalism/ Public Relation with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate of all papers put together.|
|AFCAT Meteorology||Post Graduate Degree in any Science stream/ Mathematics/ Statistics/Geography/Computer Applications/Environmental Science/ Applied Physics/ Oceanography/Meteorology/Agricultural Meteorology/Ecology & Environment /Geophysics/Environmental Biology with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate of all papers put together (Provided Maths and Physics were studied at Graduation Level with a minimum of 55% marks in each).|
|NCC Flying Branch||NCC Air Wing Senior Division ‘C’ certificate acquired on or after January 01, 2017, is mandatory. Candidates should have mandatorily passed with a minimum of 60% marks each in Maths and Physics at 10+2 and Graduates with a minimum of three years degree course in any discipline from a recognized University with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent. BE/B Tech degree (Four years course) from a recognized University with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent. Candidates who have cleared Section A & B examination of Associate Membership of Institution of Engineers (India) or Aeronautical Society of India from a recognized University with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent.|
AFACT 2 2022 Vacancy:
The Indian Air Force will announce vacancies on the 1st of June. For AFCAT 1 2022, total number of vacancies was 317. Entry-wise vacancy for the January 2023 course is provided to get an understanding of the possible AFACT 2 2022 vacancies.
AFCAT 2 2022 Vacancies
AFCAT 2 2022 Paper Pattern:
|Time||120 minutes||45 minutes|
|Negative Marking||1 mark||1 mark|
|Topics||General Awareness, Verbal Ability in English, Numerical Ability and Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test||Mechanical, Computer Science and Electrical & Electronics|
AFCAT 2 2022 Exam Pattern:
|Verbal Ability in English||30||90|
|Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test||35||105|
You have two hours to attempt the paper. Three marks are allotted for every right answer. No marks for unanswered questions.
AFCAT 2 2022 Exam Syllabus:
|(aa) English.||Comprehension, Detect Error in Sentence, Sentence Completion/ Filling in of correct word, Synonym/ Antonym, Cloze Test or Fill in the Gaps in a paragraph, Idioms and Phrases, Analogy, Sentence Rearranging, Substitution in a Sentence/ One Word Substitution.|
|(ab) General Awareness.||History, Geography, Sports, National & International Organisations, Art & Culture, Personalities, Environment & Ecology, Indian Polity, Economy, Basic Science Based Knowledge, Science & Technology, Current Affairs (National & International), Defence.|
|(ac) Numerical Ability.||Decimal Fraction, Time and Work, Average/ Percentage, Profit & Loss, Ratio & Proportion, Simple and Compound Interest, Time & Distance and Races (Trains/ Boats & Streams), Area and Perimeter, Probability, Number System & Number Series, Mixture & Allegation Rules, Clocks.|
|(ad) Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test.||Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning|
AFCAT 2 2022 Exam Centers:
AFCAT 2 2022 Results:
The AFCAT results are generally released around a month after the exam has been conducted. Candidates can check their results once they have been officially released.
AFACT 2 2022 Expected Cut-Off:
The cut-offs are decided based on the difficulty of the exam, the number of vacancies and the number of candidates that appear for the exam. The AFCAT 1 2022 cut-off was 157. It can be expected that the AFCAT 2 2022 cut-off be around that much.
These are cut-offs from previous years to give you an approximate:
|Previous Year||AFCAT 1||AFCAT 2|
AFCAT 2 2022 Selection Process:
AFSB Testing Stage 1
It includes the following two tests:
- Officer Intelligence Rating Test.
- Picture Perception and Discussion Test (PP&DT)
Stage 1 is called the screening test. Candidates who clear this stage move on to the next.
AFSB Testing Stage 2
All Stage 1 qualified candidates will have to appear for AFSB Stage 2 and undergo the following tests:
- Psychological Tests: These are written psychological tests and are conducted by professional psychologists.
- Group Tests: These tests involve mental and physical activities to examine the candidates on various mental and physical parameters.
- AFSB Interview: In this round, the interviewing officer takes a personal round of interviews for the candidate.
- Computerised Pilot Selection System (CPSS) Test: This test is mandatory for only those candidates who have applied for the Flying Branch.
AFCAT Medical Examination
Recommended candidates will be called for the medical examination. The Indian Air Force has prescribed only two centres for Medical Examination which are the Institute of Aviation Medicine, Bengaluru and Air Force Central Medical Establishment (AFCME). After the medical examination, a final merit list would be prepared on the basis of the marks scored by the candidate in written and AFSB interviews. All the shortlisted candidates would be given the joining letter of the respective training academies they have applied to.
AFCAT 2 2022 Answer Key:
The Indian Air Force will not be releasing any answer key for AFCAT 2022. However, coaching institutions will have answer keys available on their websites with the help of feedback from their students who appeared for the exam.
1. Cadets in the final year of training will be given a stipend of Rs. 56,100.
2. After successful completion of training, level 10 in the Pay Matrix of the seventh Central Pay Commission will be allotted to the young Air Officers [56100-1,10,700]
3. Military Service Pay- 15,500 will also be included.
1. Flying Branch: Rs 11250 per month.
2. Technical Branch Officers: Rs 2500 per month.
In Addition to these officers are also entitled to other allowances such as TA, DA, Children Education Allowance, Ration Money Allowance etc.
The roles and responsibilities are different for all three posts. Candidates who are aiming for a specific post under IAF should know the job profile. The job profile of all three branches is discussed in detail below.
AFCAT Flying Branch Job Profile
- Operate and look after fighter planes with combat.
- Transportation of material and ammunition tasks
- Air support and supplies.
- Helicopters are in service for casual and emergencies.
AFCAT Ground Duty Technical Job Profile
- Maintenance of all technical tools and equipment of aircraft.
- Responsibility for managing the technicians who are already qualified.
- Checking technicians are being provided with the required equipment and tools for the job consisting of RADAR, Aircraft, etc.
- Must perform aeronautical engineering, weapons, communication systems, avionics, etc.
- Handling of the aircraft service, technical processes, and management
AFCAT Ground Duty Non-Technical Job Profile
- Administration of Air Traffic Controller and Fighter Controller.
- Managing Accounts and Logistics of the department.
- Managing the Education.
Answer: The exam is conducted twice a year.
Answer: Be sincere in your preparation and have a strict study routine and manage your time well. You can either self-study or join a coaching institute for the same.
Answer: AFCAT stands for Air Force Common Admission Test.
I hope this article was insightful about the AFCAT 2 2022 entrance exam.
All the best to all aspiring candidates.
Keep reading SSBCrackExams blog post for more such articles!
AFCAT 2 2022 Details:
- AFCAT 2 2022 Exam
- AFCAT 2 2022 Notification
- AFCAT 2 2022 Exam Summary
- AFCAT 2 Exam Date 2022
- AFCAT 2 2022 Vacancy
- AFCAT 2 2022 Application Form
- AFCAT 2 2022 Application Fee
- AFCAT 2 Eligibility Criteria
- AFCAT 2 2022 Selection Process
- AFCAT 2 2022 Exam Pattern
- AFCAT 2 2022 Syllabus
- AFCAT Previous Year Question Paper
- AFCAT 2 2022 Salary
- AFCAT 2 2022 Admit Card
- AFCAT 2 2022 Result
Want To Join Indian Air Force and Prepare For The AFCAT Exam?