50 Days CDS Mathematics Study Plan, The Combined Defence Services (CDS) Examination is conducted twice a year by the Union Public Service Commission for recruitment into the Indian Military Academy, Officers Training Academy, Indian Naval Academy and Indian Air Force Academy. CDS Written exam consists of three papers: English, General Knowledge and Mathematics. Mathematics Paper in CDS exam includes 100 questions and a total of 100 marks with 1 mark being awarded for each correct answer and 0.33 marks deducted for each incorrect one. The paper duration is of 2 hours.
CDS Mathematics Syllabus consists of:
- Number Systems: Number Systems and Fundamental Operations, Squares & Square roots, Cubes & Cube roots, Exponents & Surds, Decimal Fractions & Simplifications, LCM & HCF and Sequences & Series
- Unitary method: Ratio and Proportions, Speed, Distance & Time, Work and Time, Average, Percentage, Profit & Loss, Simple and Compound interest.
- Algebra: Algebraic Operations and Identities, Polynomials, Linear Equations in one & two variables analytical and Graphical solutions, Quadratic Equations & Inequalities, Rational Expressions, LCM & HCF of Polynomials.
- Trigonometry: Ratios and Identities, Heights, and Distances
- Geometry: Lines and Angles, Triangles, Quadrilaterals & Polygons, Circles, and its properties including tangents and Loci
- Mensuration: Areas and Perimeters, Surface areas and Volumes
- Statistics: Collection and Tabulation of data, Graphical Representation – Frequency polygons, histograms, Bar graphs, Pie charts, etc. and Measures of Central Tendency
- Set Theory
Mathematics portion in CDS exam is of elementary level. One must have clear idea about detailed Syllabus and Intense subtopics to focus upon to strategically score excellent marks in CDS Mathematics section. We at SSBCRACKEXAMS here to give you all such insights and to give you a strategic study plan of 50 days to constructively prepare you to tackle maximum questions in Mathematics section. Here is the list of most consistent and high number of questions-based topics to thoroughly study them to easily solve highest number of questions in CDS Mathematics paper along with the concrete study plan
- Number Systems
- Algebra (Polynomials, Linear equations, Quadratic Equations and Inequations)
- Mensuration 2D & 3D
- Trigonometric ratios & identities along with heights and Distances
- Statistics (Mean, Median, Mode for grouped and ungrouped data)
- Geometry – Triangles, Quadrilaterals & Circles
- Unitary Method – Ratio and Proportions, Speed, Distance & Time, Profit & Loss
Below are in detail topic-wise previous years’ Q&A analysis charts and a concrete study plan to follow to prepare for CDS Mathematics Paper:
Index: I = Important, VI = Very Important, NSI = Not So Important
Tips to Remember:
- Please keep a printout of this Study Plan & try to follow the schedule as strictly as possible.
- Always practice Math problems. By practice we mean take a pen and paper and solve Math problems.
- Theorems and formulae are the most important features in Mathematics. To memorize them, write them three to four times. Paste them in your room or above your study table, anywhere you will be able to see them daily.
- Solve as many Previous years papers as possible you can and that too in a time-bound fashion. This will help you to manage your time during the exams.
- Take CDS Mathematics Mock Tests without fail.
- If you have time enough, go through the rest of the CDS Mathematics syllabus alongside the study plan
- Don’t forget to chill out and relax!
To understand and learn all the topics in detailed and insightful manner subscribe to our CDS Courses and learn concepts by going through our lectures in an easy and simple way and also to practice questions and mock tests specially designed as per the recent CDS trends and question pattern, download our mobile app or visit us at SSBCrackExams and subscribe to our CDS courses.
Happy Learning with SSBCrackExams.