Prime Minister launches Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyaan
- This will boost employment and livelihood opportunities for migrant workers returning to villages, in the wake of COVID-19 outbreak.
- Abhiyaan focuses on durable rural infrastructure and providing modern facilities like internet in the villages.
- Skill Mapping of the rural migrant labour being done to help them work closer home.
- 25 works or projects are related to meet the needs of the villages like rural housing for the poor, Plantations, provision of drinking water through Jal Jeevan mission, Panchayat Bhavans, community toilets, rural mandis, rural roads, other infrastructure like Cattle Sheds, Anganwadi Bhavans etc.
- Rs 50,000 Crore worth project to be implemented in a mission mode campaign in 125 days in 116 Districts of 6 States.
- The 6 states are- Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Jharkhand and Odisha.
International Day of Yoga- 21 June
- On 11th December 2014, International Yoga Day was adopted under its Resolution by the United Nations General Assembly. The sixth International Day of Yoga was celebrated with great enthusiasm across the country through electronic and digital media.
- Theme- ‘Yoga at Home and Yoga with Family’.
KVIC starts reviving ancient glory of Pokhran potteries
- The Khadi and Village Industries Commission (KVIC) on Sunday launched its flagship “Kumhar Sashaktikaran Yojana” in Pokhran.
- The KVIC distributed 80 electric potter wheels to 80 potter families in Pokhran which has a rich heritage in terracotta products. The main objective of this is to bring back the potters community to the mainstream.
- KVIC starts reviving ancient glory of Pokhran potteries Pokhran is one of the aspirational districts identified by the Niti Ayog.
- KVIC has launched Kumhar Sashaktikaran Yojana in several remote areas in states like Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh, Maharashtra, J&K, Haryana, West Bengal, Assam, Gujarat, Tamil Nadu, Odisha, Telangana and Bihar.
Defence Minister Rajnath Singh to attend Victory Parade in Russia
- He is visiting Moscow to commemorate the 75th anniversary of the victory in the Second World War.
- A Tri-Service 75- Member Indian Military Contingent has already reached Moscow to participate in the Victory Parade along with Russian contingent and other invited contingents.
- The marching contingent taking part in the Victory Day Parade is led by a major rank officer of the gallant Sikh Light Infantry Regiment.
- Visit of the Defence Minister will strengthen the longstanding special and privileged strategic partnership between India and Russia.
Mukesh Ambani joins club of world’s top 10 richest people
- As per Forbes Real-Time Billionaire list ranked 9th on the list of World’s top billionaires.
- His net worth has increased by almost 12 times from USD 5.3 billion to USD 64.6 billion within just two months.
- Ambani owns 42% of Reliance Industries Ltd and the company recently declared itself net-debt free.
Current COVID19 Situation in India
Which of the following state is not covered under Garib Kalyan Rojgar Abhiyaan?
- Madhya Pradesh
- Uttar Pradesh
When does International Yoga Day was adopted under its Resolution by the United Nations General Assembly?
- 11th December 2014
- 11th December 2015
- 12th November 2013
- 15th October 2014
“Kumhar Sashaktikaran Yojana” is a flagship programme of which of the following?
- Ministry of Earth Sciences
- Khadi and Village Industries Commission
- Ministry of Agriculture
- NITI Ayog
Defence Minister Rajnath Singh to attend Victory Parade of which of the following country?
Question of the Day
What is Aspirational Districts’ Programme?
Answer in next session