“Decarbonising Transport in India” – By NITI Ayog
NITI Aayog in collaboration with International Transport Forum will launch the ‘Decarbonising Transport in India’ project on Wednesday.
- To develop a pathway towards a low-carbon transport system for India.
- To meet the goals related to climate/ climate change in the country, it is essential for the Government to work on reducing the emission of Greenhouse gases.
- ITF is an intergovernmental organisation for transport policy.
- India has been a member of ITF since 2008.
- ITF Secretary-General Young Tae Kim
- NITI Aayog Chief Executive Officer Amitabh Kant
Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojana
- A Study by the Ministry of Rural Development has observed that the Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojana (SAGY) has not been able to achieve the desired objectives and failed to make a significant impact. It was part of the Fifth Common Review Mission (CRM) for “independent assessment” of the progress of various programmes and schemes of the Rural Development Ministry.
- SAGY is a village development project which was launched on 11 October, 2014 on the birth anniversary of Jai Prakash Narayan.
- Under the Yojana, Members of Parliament (MPs) are responsible for developing the socio-economic and physical infrastructure of three villages each by 2019, and a total of eight villages each by 2024.
- The development of model villages, called Adarsh Grams, through the implementation of existing schemes, and certain new initiatives to be designed for the local context, which may vary from village to village.
- Creating models of local development which can be replicated in other villages.
- Only 1,855 gram panchayats have been selected across five phases, with only seven in Phase 5.
- Lack of funds- MPs did not give any significant fund from Members of Parliament Local Area Development Scheme.
- villages where MPs have been pro-active, some infrastructure development has taken place, but the scheme has not made any perceptible impact and thus those villages cannot be called model villages.
Sector 50 Metro station of Noida- To be dedicated for transgender community
- The station will be provided to the members of the transgender community.
- This step will help them in connecting with the mainstream.
- The transformed station will be open for all the commuters.
- Virtual India Pavilion at Cannes Film Market 2020
- India Participated at Cannes Film Festival – 2020 with the e-inauguration of the Virtual India Pavilion by Hon’ble Ministry of Information & Broadcasting Shri Prakash Javadekarji.
- The Festival will be held from 22- 26 June, 2020.
- Marathi movie Mai Ghat and Gujarati movie Hellaro, are the official entrants to be showcased in the Cannes film festival this year.
Current COVID19 Situation in India
‘Decarbonising Transport in India‘launched by which department of government of India?
- NITI Ayog
- Ministry of Earth Sciences
- Khadi and Village Industries Commission
- Ministry of Agriculture
India has been a member of ITF since?
Who is Chief Executive Officer of NITI Ayog?
- Rajiv Kumar
- Amitabh Kant
- Arvind Subramanyam
- Jay Shah
SAGY is a village development project which was launched on which of the following dates?
- 11 October, 2014
- 11 November, 2014
- 11 October, 2015
- 11 November, 2015
Which of the following movie is to be showcased in the Cannes film festival this year?
- Mai ghat
- Both of the above
- None of the above