Set-up of Animal Husbandry Infrastructure Development Fund
- Cabinet approved setting up of Animal Husbandry Infrastructure Development Fund (AHIDF) amounting to Rs. 15000 crore.
- Earlier approved Dairy Infrastructure Development Fund (DIDF) worth Rs. 10,000 crores for incentivizing investment by cooperative sector for development of dairy infrastructure.
- Eligible beneficiaries- Farmer Producer Organizations (FPOs), MSMEs, Section 8 Companies, Private Companies and individual entrepreneur with only 10% margin money contribution by them. The balance 90% would be the loan component to be made available to them by scheduled banks.
- Government of India will provide 3% interest subvention to eligible beneficiaries.
- There will be 2 years moratorium period for repayment of loan with 6 years repayment period thereafter.
- This would incentive infrastructure investments in dairy, meat processing and animal feed plants.
Kushinagar Airport became UP as International Airport
- Cabinet has approved the proposal to declare Kushinagar Airport in Uttar Pradesh as an International Airport.
- Kushinagar is an important Buddhist pilgrimage site, where Gautama Buddha attained Mahaparinirvana.
- It attracts Buddhists pilgrims from all over the world come for pilgrimage.
- Several other Buddhist sites in the nearby surroundings are Sravasti, Kapilvastu, and Lumbini.
- Benefits: It will boost domestic/international tourism and economic development of the region.
2% Interest Subvention on Shishu Loans under Pradhan Mantri MUDRA Yojana
- Period – 12 months
- The interest subvention would be payable for the months in which the accounts are not in NPA category including for the months that the account becomes a performing asset again, after turning NPA. The scheme will incentivize people who will make regular repayments of loans.
- The ongoing COVID-19 crisis and the consequent lockdown have led to severe disruption of business for micro and small enterprises which are funded through Shishu Mudra loans.
- The Scheme will be implemented through the Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) and will be in operation for 12 months.
“Distressed Assets Fund–Sub-ordinate Debt for MSMEs”
- Minister of MSME, Shri Nitin Gadkari launched the Credit Guarantee Scheme for Sub-ordinate Debt (CGSSD) which is also called “Distressed Assets Fund–Sub-ordinate Debt for MSMEs”.
- The guarantee cover worth Rs. 20,000 crores will be provided to the promoters who can take debt from the banks to further invest in their stressed MSMEs as equity.
- It will extend support to the promoter(s) of the operational MSMEs which are stressed and have become NPA as on 30th April, 2020;
- Promoter(s) of the MSMEs will be given credit equal to 15% of their stake (equity plus debt) or Rs. 75 lakh whichever is lower;
- Promoter(s) in turn will infuse this amount in the MSME unit as equity and thereby enhance the liquidity and maintain debt-equity ratio;
- 90% guarantee coverage for this sub-debt will be given under the Scheme and 10% would come from the concerned promoters;
- There will be a moratorium of 7 years on payment of principal whereas maximum tenor for repayment will be 10 years.
Current COVID19 Situation in India
Which Airport is declared as International Airport recently?
- Kushinagar Airport
Who are the Eligible beneficiaries of Animal Husbandry Infrastructure Development Fund?
- Farmer Producer Organizations (FPOs),
- Section 8 Companies
- All of the above
Moratorium period for repayment of loan under Animal Husbandry Infrastructure Development Fund is?
- 6 Years
- 3 Years
- 2 Years
- 4 Years
Kushinagar is famous for which of the following?
- Buddhist pilgrimage
- Hindu pilgrimage
- Sikh pilgrimage
- Muslim pilgrimage