What is MUDRA Yojana?
- Pradhan Mantri MUDRA Yojana (PMMY) is a scheme launched by the Hon’ble Prime Minister on April 8, 2015.
- Aim– Providing loans up to 10 lakhs to the non-corporate, non-farm small/micro enterprises.
- These loans are given by Commercial Banks, RRBs, Small Finance Banks, MFIs and NBFCs.
- There are three types of loans under PMMY:
- Shishu (up to Rs.50,000).
- Kishore (from Rs.50,001 to Rs.5 lakh).
- Tarun (from Rs.500,001 to Rs.10,00,000)
5th Anniversary of Urban Missions
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban) (Pmay-U),
- Smart Cities Mission (SCM)
- Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT)
Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT)
- Launched by Hon’ble Prime Minister on 25 June 2015.
- Aim– Ensuring universal coverage of drinking water supply and substantial improvement in coverage and treatment capacities of sewerage and septage, along with storm water drainage, non-motorized urban transport and green spaces & parks.
- The Mission spans across 500 cities, covering more than 60% of urban population.
- In order to promote energy efficiency across the Indian cities, 76 lakh streetlights replaced with energy efficient LED streetlights.
- Online Building Permission System (OBPS), implemented as a digital transformation-based reform
Smart Cities Mission (SCM)
- Launched on 25th June 2015.
- Aim– Promoting cities that provide core infrastructure and give a decent quality of life to its citizens, a clean and sustainable environment and application of ‘Smart’ solutions.
- The Integrated Command and Control Centres (ICCC) developed under the Smart Cities Mission have helped cities in their fight against COVID. The 47 operational ICCCs became war-rooms and have played an effective role in COVID response.
- The Urban Learning Internship Program (TULIP)’- to engage fresh graduates as interns.
- ClimateSmart Cities and DataSmart Cities- They are key enablers, driving the future course of action through data driven performance management, urban innovation and institutional capacity building.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Urban (PMAY-U)
- Launched on 25 June 2020.
- Aim– Providing pucca house to all eligible beneficiaries of Urban India by 2022 with the vision of ‘Housing for All’.
- The number of houses sanctioned in last five years under the Mission is almost eight times more than those sanctioned under earlier urban housing schemes during the span of 10 years.
- Credit Link Subsidy Scheme-for the first time, the Middle-Income Group (MIG) is being provided benefits for their housing needs.
- Angikaar– a campaign for change management. The campaign addressed and enabled beneficiaries to adapt to life transformation that comes with shifting to a newly constructed house.
- In line with ‘AtmaNirbhar Bharat’, an Affordable Rental Housing Complexes (ARHCs) scheme for providing ease of living to Urban Migrants/ Poor has been announced by the Hon’ble Finance Minister on 14 May, 2020.
‘eBloodServices’ mobile App launched
- Dr Harsh Vardhan, Union Minister of Health & Family Welfare launched the ‘eBloodServices’ mobile App developed by The Indian Red Cross Society (ICRS).
- This application is developed by the E-Raktkosh team of Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (CDAC) under the Digital India scheme.
- Through this App, four units of blood can be requisitioned at a time and the blood bank will wait for as long as 12 hours for the person to collect it.
- Red Cross has facilitated donation by voluntary blood donors by either providing transport or sending blood collection mobile vans for on-site blood donation.
PM to launch Atma Nirbhar Uttar Pradesh Rojgar Abhiyan
- In Uttar Pradesh, nearly 30 lakh migrant workers returned. 31 districts of Uttar Pradesh have more than 25,000 returnee migrant workers. These include 5 aspirational districts.
- Objective– providing employment, promote local entrepreneurship and create partnership with Industrial associations and other organizations to provide employment opportunities.
Current COVID19 Situation in India
Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT) is a mission for ensuring which of the following?
- Universal coverage of drinking water supply
- Improvement in treatment capacities of sewerage
- Providing pucca house
- Only 1& 2
Smart Cities Mission (SCM) was launched in the year?
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Urban (PMAY-U) Aim- Providing pucca house to all eligible beneficiaries of Urban India by the year?
PM to launch Atma Nirbhar Rojgar Abhiyan in which of the following state?
- Madhya Pradesh
- Uttar Pradesh