Raksha Mantri launches Land Management System (LMS) intra-net portal
- As part of efforts to improve overall management of defence land, for the first time a Land Management System (LMS) has been developed by Department of Defence in conjunction with DGDE and Armed forces.
- The portal was formally launched by Shri Rajnath Singh, Hon’ble Raksha Mantri today in presence of officials from Indian Army, DGDE and Department of Defence. The Intra-net portal shall digitize all requests of defence land management received by the Department in future. It is also in process of progressively capturing archival data into the system.
- All data for cases since 2016 have already been captured and are available in the portal. Progressively, data of prior period will also be entered in the portal which is meant only for departmental use and it is not open for the public.
- The portal is expected to bring in greater speed, transparency and efficiency into the Land Management System (LMS) of the Department. With integration of GIS based tool, it will improve decision making process by removing duplication/unnecessary communication between various stakeholder groups involved in the decision-making process.
- The technical support for this GIS-based system has been provided by BISAG, India’s premier organization in GIS based informatics. The software, apart from capturing the textual details of all proposals relating to defence management, integrates these textual details with Raksha Bhoomi software as well as other relevant GIS-layers which include satellite imagery of the area, other amenities etc.
Centre for Land Warfare Studies (CLAWS) completes 15 Years of Excellence
- On 18 November 2020, Centre for Land Warfare Studies (CLAWS), an independent think tank affiliated to the Indian Army achieved a milestone of completing “15 Years of Excellence” since its inception in 2005. To commemorate the spirit, CLAWS organised a Seminar cum Webinar on “Shifting Domains of Warfare with Special Focus on China’s Increasing Adventurism”.
- Chief of the Army Staff and Patron-CLAWS, Gen MM Naravane delivered a Key note address wherein he highlighted the importance of building capacities in disruptive technologies, strengthen core capabilities and develop strategic partnerships. COAS also conferred the “Scholar Warrior Award” as well as released the CLAWS Journal Winter 2020 Issue.
- The COAS commended the pathbreaking initiatives taken by CLAWS fraternity that set the institute apart, to include, the Field Marshall Manekshaw Essay Competition which promotes strategic culture amongst the youth, research based on field trips, the Abstracting and Indexing of the CLAWS Journal in IndraStra Open Journal Systems and the Strategic Vision Initiative amongst many others. COAS also complimented the commitment of CLAWS fraternity and their efforts towards actively furthering India’s strategic and military thinking in the changing security paradigm and contributing towards national security and nation building.
Raksha Mantri Rajnath Singh Releases selected speeches of President Shri Ram Nath Kovind
- Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh today released the third volume of the Selected Speeches of President Shri Ram Nath Kovind titled – ‘लोकतन्त्र के स्वर’ and ‘The Republican Ethic’ in New Delhi in the presence of the Union Minister for Environment, Forest & Climate Change, Information and Broadcasting and Heavy Industries & Public Enterprises, Shri Prakash Javadekar and other dignitaries.
- Speaking on the occasion, Shri Rajnath Singh said that this compilation of speeches of President Shri Ram Nath Kovind presents a comprehensive picture of his work, personality and values. In these speeches, the preferences of a sensitive and idealistic public servant, a fair person living life based on morality can be seen. He said that the President considers public service the ultimate religion which is evident in his many speeches. The President also underlines the importance of Indian values in his addresses which have a greater impact because these values are part of his personal life, added.
- Speaking about his persona Raksha Mantri said there is no gap between the words and deeds of the President which is a mark of great personalities. In conversations, he often leaves deep impact on the listener. His speeches flow out naturally and in a simple way reflecting the core values of humility, service to the poor, empathy, and compassion to all living beings, Shri Singh added.
- Raksha Mantri said the concept of future India, along with glimpses of hopes and aspirations, avenues for achieving them have also been outlined in these speeches. He said that all the voices of our diverse society and culture and our vibrant democracy find expression through the speeches of the First Citizen of the country. Shri Rajnath Singh said that this collection would be an invaluable document for understanding contemporary India.
- Shri Rajnath Singh said a glance of the President’s speeches depicts his concern towards issues such as girls education, empowerment of women, welfare of the weaker sections which reflects his elevated mind. Raksha Mantri said he knew President Ramnath Kovind for a long time and always found him a man of large heart and high moral values. Referring to President’s desire to visit the forward posts including the highest battlefield Siachen, Raksha Mantri said that this shows his resolve towards uplifting the spirits of soldiers fighting on our borders.
- Recalling an incident where President Ramnath Kovind touched the feet of his former teachers, Shri Rajnath Singh said the gesture not only showed his respect towards his gurus but also set an example to the students.
- Information and Broadcasting Shri Prakash Javadekar released the e-version of the book on the President’s speeches. He said this compilation of President’s speeches reflects the confidence of the nation. This book will be of reference value to all those who would like to study India in these times and could be a valuable addition to libraries of Institutions as well as individuals.
- Secretary M/o Information & Broadcasting Shri Amit Khare while thanking Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh and Information and Broadcasting Minister Shri Prakash Javadekar for their support in the release of these volumes, appreciated the Publications Division’s role in the compilation and production of the book.
- Chief of Defence Staff General Bipin Rawat, Chief of Army Staff, General MM Naravane, Vice Chief of Air Staff Air Marshal Harjit Singh Arora, Senior officials of President’s Secretariat and Ministry of Information & Broadcasting were present on the occasion.
- The ‘लोकतन्त्र के स्वर’ and ‘The Republican Ethic’, published by the Publications Division, Ministry of Information and Broadcasting, Government of India, are series of books of collection of selected speeches of the President of India, Shri Ram Nath Kovind in Hindi and English respectively. The third volume, released today, contains 57 selected speeches of the President delivered during the third year of his presidency.
Japan launches new Kumano multi-function frigate
- Japanese shipbuilding company Mitsui E & S Shipbuilding Co., Ltd has launched the new 30FFM multi-function frigate during a ceremony in Okayama, on November 19.
- The Kumano (FFM-2) is the second ship of the 30FFM frigate of the Japan Maritime Self-Defense Force (JMSDF). She was named after Kumano River and shares her name with a World War II heavy cruiser Kumano and Cold War destroyer escort Kumano.
- The next generation Japanese frigate displaces over 5,000 tons at full load and combines compactness with manpower saving. The ships of the class are envisioned as frigate-sized vessels with destroyer capabilities. They are expected to replace the Asagiri- and Abukuma-class destroyers.
- With the manpower savings concept, JMSDF hopes to address its personnel shortage issues. The vessels will be crewed by some 100 sailors, a notable decrease compared to conventional and Aegis destroyers.
- Japan plans to build up 22 vessels in the class vessel at a unit price of about ¥48 billion (approx. $461M).
- The shipyard will now proceed to the fitting out stage of the Kumano frigate, ahead of its delivery set for 2021.
AOC-in-C Training Command visits AFS Yelahanka
- Air Marshal RD Mathur, Air Officer Commanding-in-Chief, Training Command, Indian Air Force visits Air Force Station Yelahanka, Bengaluru.
- The Air Marshal visited various sections of the Station to assess operational efficiency and preparedness for AeroIndia21.
- Aero India exhibition is organized every alternate year. It is one of the major exhibition for aerospace and defence industries with a public air show. It enables industry professional to gain market insights, announce new developments and gain media coverage. Aero India offers a unique platform to international aviation sector to bolster business.
- Aero India 2021 is the 13th edition of Aero India being organised at Bengaluru, Karnataka from 03-07 February 2021.
- Aero India 2021 provides opportunity to demonstrate products to the potential customer and investors. In Aero India 2021 Exhibitors are likely to showcase their products using latest technologies to the potential customers. This is an important international event likely to be attended by thousands of business visitors and lakh general visitors.
Highlights of AEROINDIA 2019
- 403 Exhibitors
- 238 Indian Exhibitors
- 165 Foreign Exhibitors
- 61 Aircrafts Displayed
- 28386 sqm Exhibition spaces
- 44 Foreign Delegations
About the Logo
- The logo for Aero India is inspired by the Tejas Light Combat Aircraft (LCA). The Tejas LCA together with its variants, is the smallest and lightest Multi-Role Supersonic Fighter Aircraft of its class. This single engine, Compound-Delta-Wing, Tailless Aircraft is designed and developed to meet diverse needs of the Indian Air Force (IAF) and Indian Navy (IN).The Tejas LCA programme has achieved the rare distinction of completing over 4000 Successful Test Flights.
- The tri-colored silhouette of the Tejas LCA with the Ashok Chakra in the centre is the core motif of this logo, reminiscent of the spirit of New India. The defined outlines of the ‘A’ in Aero is symbolic of a fighter jet while conveying that Aero India is a premier global aerospace exhibition.
- Centre for Land Warfare Studies (CLAWS) is in
- New Delhi
- To commemorate the spirit of 15 years of completion, CLAWS organised a Seminar cum Webinar on
- “Shifting Domains of Warfare with Special Focus on US’s Increasing Adventurism”
- “Shifting Domains of Warfare with Special Focus on China’s Increasing Adventurism”
- “Shifting Domains of Warfare with Special Focus on Indo-Pacific”
- “Shifting Domains of Warfare with Special Focus on India’s Global Defence Exports”
- Japan launches new Kumano multi-function frigate which is developed by
- Mitsui E & S Shipbuilding Co., Ltd.
- Kawasaki Heavy Industries
- MHI Kobe Shipyard & Machinery Works
- IHI Marine United Yokohama Shipyard
- AOC-in-C of Training Command of IAF
- Air Marshal SK Ghotia
- Air Marshal Rajiv Dayal Mathur
- Air Marshal Amit Tiwari
- Air Marshal Amit Dev