Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has published NDA 2 2022 exam notification for admission to the Army, Navy and Air Force wings of the NDA for the 150th Course, and for the 112th Indian Naval Academy Course (INAC) commencing from 2nd July, 2023.
- NDA 2 2022 Exam GK Study Plan [100 Days]
- NDA 2 2022 Exam English Study Plan [100 Days]
- NDA 2 2022 Exam Maths Study Plan [100 Days]
Check the complete details related to NDA 2 2022 notification, exam date, cut-off, application form, age limits, and more. The National Defence Academy Exam is a national-level entrance examination conducted by the Union Public Service Commission for candidates who want to join the armed forces. The National Defence Academy is situated in Khadakwasla, Maharashtra. Recruitment is done into the Army, Navy, and Air Force on completion and clearance of the entrance exam, SSB Interview, and medicals. The entrance examination is conducted twice a year, once at the beginning of the year, and one towards the end. Defence aspirants who are looking forward to NDA 2 2022 notification can check the important details related to UPSC National Defence Academy and Naval Academy Examination (II) 2022.
- Book Your SSB Interview Class Now – Click Here
- Enroll In Our SSB Interview Course
- Join NDA Exam Online Coaching
The NDA 2022 2 Exam will be conducted in an offline and written mode. The exam can be attempted in Hindi or English.
NDA 2 2022 Important Dates:
|NDA 2 2022 Applications Start||18th May 2022|
|NDA 2 2022 Applications Closes||7th June 2022|
|NDA 2 2022 Admit Card Release||August 2022|
|NDA 2 2022 NDA Exam Date||4th September 2022|
|NDA 2 2022 NDA Results Release||November 2022|
|NDA Exam Online Coaching||Enroll Now|
|NDA 2 2022 Notification||Download|
NDA 2 2022 Vacancies
NDA 2 2022 Age Limit
Only unmarried male/female candidates born not earlier than 02nd January, 2004 and not later than 1st January, 2007 are eligible.
NDA 2 2022 Application fee:
General and OBC candidates are required to pay a fee of Rs. 100. Women, SC and ST candidates are exempted from fee payment.
Here is some important information regarding the NDA examination:
NDA 2 2022 ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
A candidate must be an unmarried male or female and must be:
- A citizen of India
- A subject of Nepal
- A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (1), (3) and (4) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India. Certificate of eligibility will not, however, be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal.
NDA 2 2022 Educational Qualification:
|Military Wing||Educational Qualification|
|Air Force Wing||12th Class pass with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent conducted by a State Education Board or a University.|
|Naval Wing||12th Class pass with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent conducted by a State Education Board or a University.|
|Army Wing||12th Class pass of the 10+2 pattern of School Education or equivalent examination conducted by a State Education Board or a University|
The age limit is between sixteen years, during commencement of the course, to nineteen years, during the commencement of the course.
For NDA 2 2022 exam, candidates must be born between January 2, 2004 – January 1, 2007, both dates being inclusive.
A candidate who has resigned or withdrawn on disciplinary grounds from any of the training academies of the Armed Forces shall not be eligible to apply.
NDA Exam Coaching Study Material
NDA 2 2022 Selection Process:
Step 1: Written Exam
- The first step involves the written exam.
- The exam involves two papers of mathematics and general ability.
Step 2: SSB Interview
- The second step involves the SSB Interview.
- Candidates who clear the written exam are called for the SSB Interview which tests them on their personality, physical fitness, group discussions and psychology.
NDA 2 2022 Exam Syllabus:
The NDA exam is divided into two papers namely Mathematics and General Ability Test (GAT).
|Total Marks||300 marks|
|Number of Questions||120|
|Marks Awarded for Correct Answer||2.5 marks|
|Negative Marking||-0.83 marks|
|Exam Duration||2.5 hours|
Topic-Wise Question Distribution:
|Matrices and Determinants||30|
General Ability Paper:
|Total Marks||600 marks|
|Number of Questions||150|
|Number of Questions in English Section||50|
|Number of Questions in General Knowledge Section||100|
|Maximum Marks for English||200 marks|
|Maximum Marks for General Knowledge||400 marks|
|Marks for Correct Answer||4 marks in both section|
|Negative Marking||-1.33 marks in both sections|
|Exam Duration||2.5 hours|
Topic-Wise Question Distribution:
|Topic||Number of Questions||Number of Marks|
|Ordering of Words in a Sentence||9||36|
|Topic||Number of Questions||Number of Marks|
|History and Freedom Movement||16||64|
NDA 2 2022 Expected Cut Off Marks
Many candidates are appearing for the NDA 2 2022 written exam on 4th September 2022. Here we will discuss NDA 2 2022 expected cut off marks based on previous trends.
|NDA EXAM YEAR||WRITTEN EXAM MARKS||WRITTEN + SSB|
|NDA & NA (II) 2020||355||723|
|NDA & NA (I) 2020||355||723|
|NDA & NA (I) 2019||342||704|
|NDA & NA (II) 2018||325||688|
|NDA & NA (I) 2018||338||705|
|NDA & NA (II) 2017||258||624|
|NDA & NA (I) 2017||342||708|
|NDA & NA (II) 2016||229||602|
|NDA & NA (I) 2016||288||656|
|NDA & NA (II) 2015||269||637|
|NDA & NA (I) 2015||306||674|
|NDA & NA (II) 2014||283||656|
|NDA & NA (I) 2014||360||722|
|NDA & NA (II) 2013||360||721|
|NDA & NA (I) 2013||333||698|
|NDA & NA (II) 2012||335||699|
NDA 2 2022 Admit Card:
You will be able to download your admit card two weeks prior to the examination.
Make sure to carefully check all your details like name, age, registration number, exam centre and date of the exam. If there are any mistakes you must inform the authorities immediately.
Carrying your admit card on the day of the exam is mandatory along with ID proof.
NDA 2 2022 Vacancies:
|148th NDA – Indian Army||208|
|148th NDA – Indian Navy||42|
|148th NDA – Indian Air Force||120 (including 28 for ground duties)|
|110th Indian Naval Academy Course||30|
NDA 2 2022 Vacancies for Women:
|148th NDA Course||Vacancies for Women|
|Indian Air Force (Flying)||2|
|Indian Air Force (GD Tech)||2|
|Indian Air Force (GD Non-Tech)||2|
Females applying for the National Defence Academy examination:
In compliance with the judgment of the Honourable Supreme Court, the UPSC released a notice allowing females to appear for the NDA exam 2 in 2021. All the eligibility criteria remain the same as the male candidates.
Health and physical standards, infrastructure for females at the National defence Academy, strength intake, nature of training and medical standards was left to be decided by the Ministry of Defence.
It was also specified that separate physical infrastructure and residential quarters with strict physical separation would be allotted to female candidates including separate bathroom cubicles, swimming, equitation, games, and sports facilities.
As per the female eligibility criteria stated in the NDA 2022 notification, the age limit, educational qualification, & marital status requirements for female candidates are the same as for male candidates.
NDA Physical Fitness- Undesirable Health Issues:
- Wax in Ears
- Deviated Nasal Septum
- Hydrocele / Phimosis
- Condition of Overweight / Underweight
- Under Sized Chest
Case of Body Tattoos:
- The candidates must ensure that the permanent body tattoos, if any, should only be present on the inner side of the forearm.
- Under no circumstances will UPSC accept tattoos on the inside of the elbow to the wrist and on the reverse side of the palm/back (dorsal) side of the hand.
- Permanent body tattoos on any other part of the body are also not acceptable.
- In case the candidate happens to belong to a tribe where it is customary to have tattoo marks on the face or body, acceptance will be granted on a case-to-case basis, considering the traditions involved. The decision of authorities would be final in such instances.
NDA 2 2022 Exam Centres:
|Bhopal||Gautam Budh Nagar|
NDA 2 2022 Application Process – Steps to apply:
- Click on upsconline.nic.in.
- Click on ONLINE APPLICATION FOR VARIOUS EXAMINATIONS OF UPSC.
- Click on Part-I Registration of NDA/NA 2022 II Examination.
- Read all the instructions carefully.
- Click on YES once you have read the instructions.
- Fill in your details EXACTLY as per given in your Matriculation/SSC/10th Class Secondary School Certificate.
- Give proper educational qualification:
Make sure you only go to the official website. Enter all your details correctly, without any spelling mistakes, as mentioned in your official government documents.
NDA 2 2022 Answer Key:
After the announcement of the results, the answer key is released. Candidates can go to the official website and download the answer key to match your answers and see where you lost marks or if your paper has some discrepancies.
Cadets training at NDA get a fixed stipend of Rs. 56,100. Once commissioned their salary increases and differs according tot heir rank.
|Lieutenant||10||Rs. 56,100 – 1,77,500|
|Captain||10 B||Rs. 61,300 – 1,93,900|
|Major||11||Rs. 69,400 – 2,07,200|
|Lieutenant Colonel||12 A||Rs. 1,21,200 – 2,12,400|
|Colonel||13||Rs. 1,30,600 – 2,15,900|
|Brigadier||13 A||Rs. 1,39,600 – 2,17,600|
|Major General||14||Rs. 1,44,200 – 2,18,200|
|Lieutenant General HAG Scale||15||Rs. 1,82,200 – 2,24,100|
|HAG + Scale||16||Rs. 2,05,400 – 2,24,400|
|VCOAS/Lieutenant General (NFSG)/Army Cdr||17||Rs. 2,25,000 fixed|
|COAS||18||Rs. 2,50,000 fixed|
Tips for Written Exam:
- Make your own study plan after analysing the complete syllabus and previous year question papers, all available on UPSC Website
- Make a list of topics you want to leave for the exam as risks should be avoided at any costs due to negative marking. And make other topics your strength by focusing on problem solving
- Focus on clearing concepts from NCERT books as recently many questions especially in maths were basic definitions of terms.
- Keep attempting regular mock tests and analyse your performances to work on weak areas. Focus on accuracy first and then move to speed.
- For current affairs follow the trend of questions asked from this subject and prepare as per that otherwise current affairs as a whole is too vast to complete. Same for other subjects.
NDA 2 2022 Results:
To check the results, one can:
- Visit the official link.
- Click on the results link.
- Login with your credentials.
- Download your results.
- If you have qualified you, will be called for the SSB Interview.
The Online Applications can be filled upto 07th June, 2022 till 6:00 PM.
In the above article, we have gone through the NDA exam eligibility criteria’s along with the paper pattern and syllabus.
Candidates are always advised to keep themselves updated on any updates posted by the UPSC regarding the examination.
Cracking the NDA exam is not an easy task. I wish all the aspirants who are appearing for the NDA examination good luck. You can always find course-wise study material at SSBCrackExams.
I hope this article was useful and informative for all the defence aspirants.
Find more such articles at SSBCrackExams blog post!
Want To Join Nation Defence Academy and Prepare For The NDA Exam?