The Passing Out Parade of the 192nd Recruit Training Batch of 58 Gorkha Training Centre was held at Happy Valley, Shillong. The Parade marks the culmination of rigorous recruit training during which young boys are transformed into physically fit, mentally robust, and professionally competent young Soldiers of the Indian Army.
ALL ABOUT THE GORKHA REGIMENTS
- Motto: Different for various Regiments.
- War Cry: “Jai Mahakali Ayo Gorkhali” (Hail goddess Kali, the Gorkhas are here)
Since the independence of India in 1947, as per the terms of the Britain–India–Nepal Tripartite Agreement, six Gorkha regiments, formerly part of the British Indian Army, became part of the Indian Army and have served ever since. The troops are mainly from ethnic Nepali Gurkhas of Nepal and ethnic Nepalese origin people known as Nepali Gorkha They have a history of courage in battle, evident from the gallantry awards won by Gorkha soldiers and battle honours awarded to Gorkha both before and after joining the Indian Army. A seventh Gorkha Rifles regiment was re-raised in the Indian Army after Independence to accommodate Gorkha soldiers of 7th Gurkha Rifles and the 10th Gurkha Rifles who chose not to transfer to the British Army. The Gorkha hat is wide brimmed, made of felt and is worn tilted.
|Name of Regiment||Estd. on||Motto of the Regiment||War Cry of the Regiment|
|1 Gorkha Rifles||1815||“Kayar hunu bhanda marnu ramro” (Better to die than live like a coward)||“Jai Ma Kali, ayo Gorkhali” (Hail Goddess Kali, here come the Gorkhas)|
|3 Gorkha Rifles||1815|
|4 Gorkha Rifles||1857|
|5 Gorkha Rifles (Frontier Force)||1858||“Shaurya Evam Nishta” (courage and determination)|
|8 Gorkha Rifles||1824||“Kayar hunu bhanda marnu ramro” (Better to die than live like a coward)|
|9 Gorkha Rifles||1817|
|11 Gorkha Rifles||1918-1922; from 1948||“Yatraham vijayastatra” (Victory resides where I reside)|
The Regimental Centres of Gorkha Regiments are situated around the major cities in India. Basically, there are 4 Gorkha Training Centres across major cities. They are:
- 11 Gorkha Rifles Regimental Centre (11 GRRC) located in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
- 14 Gorkha Training Centre (14 GTC) located in Sabathu, Himachal Pradesh
- 39 Gorkha Training Centre (39 GTC) located in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh
- 58 Gorkha Training Centre (58 GTC) located in Shillong, Meghalaya
Apart from this the Gorkha’s are mainly recruited from GRD (Gorkha Recruiting Depot) Kunraghat, Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh.
- Indian Army Regiments Motto And War Cry [Full List]
- 21 Param Vir Chakra Awardees Every Indian Should Know
- 213 Young Soldiers Passing Out Parade Held At Jammu And Kashmir Rifles Regimental Centre
- Armed Forces Medical Officers AFMS Passing Out Parade 6 Sep 2021
- 182 Young Paratroopers Passing Out Parade Held At Parachute Regiment Training Centre
- Passing Out Parade Of 130 Young Gorkha Soldiers Held At 58 Gorkha Training Centre
The Passing Out Parade of the 192nd Recruit Training Batch of 58 Gorkha Training Centre was held at Happy Valley, Shillong. pic.twitter.com/P5gsUuThrl— SSBCrackExams (@SSBCrackExams) September 11, 2021