Young Soldiers Passing Out Parade Held At Jammu and Kashmir Rifles Regimental Centre - 1
Jammu and Kashmir Rifles Regimental Centre, Jabalpur held an impressive attestation parade for 213 recruits. The young soldiers took an oath affirming their pledge to serve the Nation.
ALL ABOUT JAMMU AND KASHMIR RIFLES
- Motto: “Prashata Ranvirta” (Valour in Battle is Praiseworthy)
- War Cry: “Durga Mata Ki Jai” (Victory to Goddess Durga)
- Regimental Centre: Jabalpur, Madhya Pradesh
- Active From: 1821.
This regiment is one of the most prestigious infantry regiment of the Indian Army. Its origins lay in the Jammu and Kashmir State Forces of the princely state of Jammu and Kashmir. After the accession of the state to the Indian Union in October 1947, the State Forces came under the command of the Indian Army. They remained in the original form until 1956 when Jammu and Kashmir Constituent Assembly effectively ratified the state’s accession to India. Then the State Forces became the Jammu and Kashmir Regiment of the Indian Army. In 1963, the designation was changed to Jammu and Kashmir Rifles. After the conversion, the Ladakh Scouts came under the aegis of the Regiment, where it remained until raised as a separate Regiment in 2002.
Captain Vikram Batra, a recipient of PVC, from whom most of the defence aspirants take their motivation is from this regiment. Subedar Sanjay Kumar, PVC is a Junior Commissioned Officer in the Indian Army, and recipient of the Param Vir Chakra, India’s highest military award is also from Jammu and Kashmir Rifles Regiment.
- Indian Army Regiments Motto And War Cry [Full List]
- 21 Param Vir Chakra Awardees Every Indian Should Know
- Armed Forces Medical Officers AFMS Passing Out Parade 6 Sep 2021
- 182 Young Paratroopers Passing Out Parade Held At Parachute Regiment Training Centre
- Passing Out Parade Of 130 Young Gorkha Soldiers Held At 58 Gorkha Training Centre
Jammu and Kashmir Rifles Regimental Centre, Jabalpur held an impressive attestation parade for 213 recruits. The young soldiers took an oath affirming their pledge to serve the Nation. pic.twitter.com/czM5ctUDq0— SSBCrackExams (@SSBCrackExams) September 8, 2021