Indian Airforce has invited application for short service commission[SSC] Meteorology Branch. Receipt of application from 17 January 2015 to 14 February 2015
Candidates are to complete the application as per format given in this advertisement, and forward the same to POST BAG NO. 001, NIRMAN BHAWAN POST OFFICE, NEW DELHI 110106 by ordinary post only.
Superscribe the envelope with ‘APPLICATION FOR METEOROLOGY BRANCH COURSES COMMENCING IN JANUARY 2016’. Application must be accompanied with the following:-
1. One self addressed envelope (size – 23 X 10 cm) with Rs 27/- postage stamp.
2. Two unattested recent colour photographs similar to the one pasted on the application form.
Serving Air Warrior candidates would be required to apply as per the service format as given in AFO 39 / 2006 through service channel. Other government employees need to apply through proper channel and are to produce NOC at the time of AFSB testing.
Eligibility Conditions for Meteorology Branch
Age : 20-26 Years as on 01 January 2016 i.e born in between 02 January 1990 to 01 January 1996. (both dates inclusive).
Educational Qualifications for SSC Meteorology Branch 2015:
Post Graduate Degree in any Science stream / Mathematics / Statistics / Geography / Computer Applications / Environmental Science / Applied Physics / Oceanography / Meteorology / Agricultural Meteorology / Ecology & Environment / Geo-physics / Environmental Biology with minimum of 50% marks in aggregate of all papers put together (Provided Maths and Physics were studied at Graduation Level, with a minimum of 55% marks in both).
1. Height and Weight: Minimum height :- Men – 157.5 Cms, Women – 152 Cms with correlated weight.
2. All other medical criteria would be evaluated by the Air Force Medical Authorities whose decision on the fitness would be final.
Candidates appearing in final year/semester examinations may also apply provided they fulfil the following conditions:-
1. Candidates should not have any present backlog and should have secured a minimum of 50% marks in Post Graduation in aggregate in all papers put together upto the last semester / year for which results have been declared at the time of applying / AFSB testing.
2. Candidates should be able to provide provisional / original degree certificate latest by 15 Dec 2015
Selection procedure SSC Meteorology Branch 2015
Candidates who are short-listed will be called for testing at one of the Air Force Selection
Boards (AFSBs) at Dehradun, Mysore, Gandhinagar, Varanasi or Kancharapara. The testing
would consist of two stages as given below.
1. Stage-I Test consisting of Intelligence Test along with other tests will be conducted on the first day. Stage-I Test is a screening test and only those who qualify would undergo subsequent testing. All candidates would be subjected to document check to ascertain their eligibility for the Meteorology Branch. Those candidates who either do not qualify in Stage-I testing or do not meet the required eligibility criteria would be sent back on the first day itself.
2. Stage-II Testing consisting of Psychological Test, Group Tests and Interview will be conducted on subsequent days (Five Days).
1. In case the candidates are awarded grades/CGPA instead of marks, the conversion of grades/CGPA to percentage of marks would be based on the procedure certified by the University from where they have obtained the degree. In case the University does not have any scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence would be established by dividing the candidate’s CGPA by the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the result with 100. The onus of proving the conversion from grade/CGPA to percentage of marks would rest with the candidate.
2. Terms and conditions given in the advertisement are guidelines only and are subject to change without notice.
3. Candidates below 25 years of age must be unmarried (term unmarried excludes widower and divorcee even though without encumbrances). Marriage is not permitted during training. Married candidates above 25 years of age are eligible to apply but during training period they will neither be provided married accommodation nor can they live out with family.
4. Permanent body tattoos are only permitted on inner face of forearm i.e. from inside of elbow to the wrist and on the reverse side of palm/ back (dorsal) side of hand. Permanent body tattoos on any other part of the body are not acceptable and candidate will be barred from further selection. Tribes with tattoo marks on the face or body as per their existing custom and traditions will be permitted on a case to case basis.
5. Candidate should not have been arrested, convicted or prosecuted on criminal charges.
6. The candidates must carry a valid photo identity card such as passport, driving licence, voter identity card, college identity card or any other valid photo identity proof while reporting for SSB Interview at Air Force Selection Board.
7. The candidature for the courses commencing in January 2016 will be valid only if the proof of meeting eligibility criteria is submitted latest by 15 December 2015 .
8. Candidates who have been withdrawn / suspended from Defence Training Establishments on grounds of discipline are not eligible to apply.
9. SSC entry in Meteorology provides really good opportunity for science post graduates to join Indian Airforce.