SSC Tech 63 & SSCW Tech 34: Indian Army will be inviting Applications from eligible unmarried Male and unmarried Female Engineering Graduates and also from Widows of Indian Armed Forces Defence Personnel who died in harness for grant of Short Service Commission (SSC) in the Indian Army. The course will commence in October 2024 at the Officers Training Academy (OTA), Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
All male and female engineering graduates can apply for the Indian Army’s Short Service Commission Technical Entry also known as SSC-Tech entry. Indian Army will publish the notification for SSC Tech 63 Men and SSCW Tech 34 Women for the course commencing at OTA Chennai in October 2024. Eligible engineering graduates can apply for the SSC Tech 63 men and SSCW Tech 34 women from February 2024.
SSC Tech 63 & SSCW Tech 34 Notification
SSC Tech is a special entry for male and female engineering graduates to join the Indian Army as SSC officers, there is no written exam in this entry and if shortlisted you will be called for the SSB Interview directly. Let’s read more about the SSC Tech 63 Men and SSCW Tech 34 Women official notification.
Applications are invited from eligible unmarried Male and unmarried Female Engineering Graduates and also from Widows of Defence Personnel who died in harness for a grant of the Short Service Commission (SSC) in the Indian Army. The course will commence in October 2024 at the Officers Training Academy (OTA), Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
SSC Tech 63 & SSCW Tech 34 Important Dates
|SSC Tech 63 & SSCW Tech 34||Dates|
|SSC Tech 63 & SSC Tech 34 Application Start Date||January 2024|
|SSC Tech 63 & SSC Tech 34 Application Last Date||February 2024|
|SSC Tech 63 & SSC Tech 34 SSB Date||June-July 2024|
|SSC Tech 63 & SSC Tech 34 Merit List||August-September 2024|
|SSC Tech 63 & SSC Tech 34 Joining Date||October 2024|
|SSC Tech 63 & SSC Tech 34 SSB Coaching||Join SSB Coaching|
|SSC Tech 63 & SSC Tech 34 SSB Books||Get SSB Book|
|SSC Tech 63 & SSC Tech 34 Job Post||Technical Officer|
|SSC Tech 63 & SSC Tech 34 Vacancies||200+ Vacancies|
|SSC Tech 63 & SSC Tech 34 Salary/ Pay Scale||Rs. 56100/- to 177500/- (Level-10)|
|SSC Tech 63 & SSC Tech 34 Mode of Apply||Online|
|SSC Tech 63 & SSC Tech 34 Official Website||joinindianarmy.nic.in|
|SSC Tech 63 & SSC Tech 34 Notification PDF||TO BE UPDATED|
Meet SSC Tech Toppers
- Cracked SSC Tech 59 SSB Interview From SSB Kapurthala OTA AIR-1
- Meet Shubham Airi Journey From Getting Screenout To SSB Interview AIR-1
- Recommended From SSB Allahabad SSC Tech 59 Electrical Electronics OTA AIR-2
SSC Tech 63 & SSCW Tech 34 Notification Age Limit
- For SSC (Tech) – 63 Men and SSCW (Tech) – 34 Women: 20 to 27 years as of 01 October 2024 (Candidates born between 02 October 1997 and 01 October 2004, both days inclusive).
- For widows of Defence Personnel who Died in Harness Only: SSCW (Non-Tech) [Non-UPSC] and SSCW (Tech) – A maximum of 35 years of age as on 01 October 2024.
SSC Tech 63 & SSCW Tech 34 Educational Qualification
- Candidates who have passed the requisite Engineering Degree course or are in the final year of the course are eligible to apply. Candidates studying in the final year of the Engineering degree course should be able to submit proof of passing by 01 October 2024 and produce the Engineering Degree Certificate within 12 weeks from the date of commencement of training at Officers Training Academy (OTA), Chennai, Tamil Nadu. Such candidates will be inducted on an Additional Bond Basis for recovery of the cost of training at the Officers Training Academy (OTA) as notified from time to time as well as stipend and pay & allowances paid, in case they fail to produce the requisite degree certificate.
SSC Tech Educational Qualification For Widows Of Defence Personnel Who Died In Harness
- SSCW (Non-Tech) (Non-UPSC). Graduation in any Discipline.
- SSCW (Tech). B.E./ B. Tech in any Engineering stream.
- Note. Candidate studying in the final year of their Degree must ensure that she submits the proof of passing the Degree exam by 01 October 2024 to the Directorate General of Recruiting, failing which her candidature will be cancelled.
SSC Tech 63 & SSCW Tech 34 Vacancies
- Candidates must note that only the Engineering streams and their acceptable equivalent streams, strictly as notified in the table below, will be accepted. Candidates with degrees in any other engineering stream(s) are not eligible to apply. The variation between the nomenclature of the Engineering stream as given on the degree parchment/mark sheet and that submitted by the candidate in his online application will result in the cancellation of candidature.
|ENTRIES||NO. OF VACANCIES|
|SSC (Tech) – 63 Men||TO BE UPDATED|
|SSCW (Tech) – 34 Women||TO BE UPDATED|
|Widows of Defence Personnel||TO BE UPDATED|
SSC Tech Type Of Commission
- Grant of Commission: Selected candidates will be granted Short Service Commission on probation in the rank of Lt from the date of commencement of the course or the date of reporting at Officers Training Academy (OTA), Chennai, Tamil Nadu, whichever is later and will be entitled to full pay and allowances admissible to Lt during the training period. Pay & allowances will be paid after the successful completion of training.
- Confirmation of Short Service Commission: On successful completion of Pre-Commission training at OTA, the Officer will be confirmed Short Service Commission (Technical) in the rank of Lt.
- Ante Date Seniority: One-year ante date seniority from the date of commission will be granted to Engineering Graduates of Short Service Commission (Technical) in the rank of Lt.
- No Ante Date Seniority for widows of Defence Personnel for SSC(NT): Widows of Defence Personnel selected for SSCW (NT) entry will be granted Short Service Commission in the rank of Lieutenant but will NOT be entitled to any ante date seniority.
SSC Tech 63 & SSCW Tech 34 Training
- Selected candidates will be detailed for training at Officers Training Academy, Chennai according to their position in the final order of merit (engineering stream-wise) up to the number of available vacancies and subject to meeting all eligibility criteria.
SSC Tech 63 & SSCW Tech 34 Duration Of Training- 49 Weeks
- Candidates will neither be allowed to marry during the period of training nor he/ she be allowed to live with Parents/ Guardians. Candidates must not marry until they complete the full training at the Officers Training Academy. A candidate, if he/ she marries while under training, shall be discharged and will be liable to refund all expenditures incurred on him/ her by the government. This provision is also applicable to widows of Defence Personnel. A candidate, who marries subsequent to the date of his/ her application, though successful at the Service Selection Board interview and medical examination, will not be inducted for training, and his/ her candidature will be cancelled.
- Training at OTA is at Govt expense. All candidates who successfully complete PreCommission training at Officers Training Academy, Chennai will be awarded a ‘Post Graduate Diploma in Defence Management and Strategic Studies’ by the University of Madras.
SSC Tech 63 & SSCW Tech 34 Cost Of Training
- The entire cost of training at OTA is at Government’s expense. In case the Lady/ Gentleman Cadet is withdrawn from the training academy due to reasons other than medical grounds or reasons not beyond his/ her control, he/ she will be liable to refund the cost of training @ ₹ 11,952/- per week, thereafter a yearly escalation of 8% p.a. will be calculated on the Per Capita Cost of Training for each ensuing year (or as notified from time to time) apart from allied charges as fixed by the government from time to time, for the period of his/ her stay at OTA, Chennai.
- The final allocation of Arms/Services will be made prior to the passing out of Lady/Gentleman cadets from OTA, Chennai, and will be at the sole discretion of Integrated HQ Ministry of Defence (Army) keeping in view the existing policy. The candidate will not have any objection in the event of his/her final selection on allotment of any arms/service in the interest of the organization. No representation is tenable on this account.
SSB Interview Study Material: SSB Interview Online Course [Must Enroll]
SSC Tech 63 & SSCW Tech 34 Selection Procedure
- Shortlisting of Applications. Integrated HQ of MoD (Army) reserves the right to shortlist applications and to fix the cutoff percentage of marks for each Engineering discipline/stream (cumulatively obtained upto 6 th semester for Engg Degree course/ 2nd semester for M Sc. Computer Science/ 8th semester for Architecture) without assigning any reason. After shortlisting of applications, the centre allotment will be intimated to the candidate via their email. After allotment of the Selection Centre, candidates will have to log in to the website and select their SSB dates which are available on a first come first serve basis initially. Thereafter, it will be allotted by the Selection Centres. The option to select the dates for SSB by candidates may be forfeited due to the occurrence of any exceptional circumstance/events.
- Only shortlisted eligible candidates depending on the cut-off percentage will be interviewed at one of the Selection Centres viz. Allahabad (UP), Bhopal (MP), Bengaluru (Karnataka) and Jalandhar (Punjab) by Psychologist, Group Testing Officer and Interviewing Officer. Call Up letters for SSB interviews will be issued by respective Selection Centres through the candidate‟s registered e-mail id and SMS only. Allotment of the Selection Centre is at the discretion of the Directorate General of Recruiting, IHQ of MoD (Army) and NO request for changes are entertained in this regard.
- Candidates will be put through two stage selection procedure. Those who clear Stage-1 will go to Stage-2. Those who fail in Stage-1 will be returned on the same day. The duration of SSB interviews is five days, and details of the same are available at the official website of the Directorate General of Recruiting ie. www.joinindianarmy.nic.in. This will be followed by a medical examination for the candidates who get recommended after Stage-2.
- Candidates recommended by the SSB and declared medically fit, will be issued a Joining Letter for training in the order of merit, depending on the number of vacancies available, subject to meeting all eligibility criteria.
SSC Tech 63 & SSCW Tech 34 Merit List
- It is to be noted that mere qualifying at the SSB interview does not confirm final selection. A merit list will be prepared on the basis of the marks obtained by the candidate at the SSB interview. In case equal SSB marks are obtained by more than one candidate, the older candidate(s) in age will be ranked higher in merit. In case both SSB marks and the age of more than one candidate are the same, the candidate(s) with a higher percentage of marks in the qualifying examination will be placed higher in the merit. Higher educational qualifications, previous performances, etc have no role to play. Those on the merit list and who come within the stipulated vacancies and are medically fit will be issued joining letters for pre-commission training at OTA, Chennai, subject to meeting all eligibility criteria.
SSC Tech 63 & SSCW Tech 34 How To Apply
- Applications will only be accepted online on the website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.
- Click on ‘Officer Entry Appln/Login’ and then click ‘Registration’ (Registration is not required, if already registered on www.joinindianarmy.nic.in). Fill out the online registration form after reading the instructions carefully.
- After getting registered, click on ‘Apply Online’ under Dashboard. A page „Officers Selection – ‘Eligibility’ will open.
- Then click ‘Apply’ shown against Short Service Commission Technical Course. A page of ‘Application Form’ will open. Read the instructions carefully and click ‘Continue’ to fill in details as required under various segments – Personal information, Communication details, Education details and details of previous SSB.
- ‘Save & Continue’ each time before you go to the next segment. After filling in details on the last segment, you will move to the page ‘Summary of your information’ wherein you can check and edit the entries already made.
- Only after ascertaining the correctness of all your details, click on ‘Submit Now’. Candidates must click on ‘Submit Now’ each time they open the application for editing any details.
- The candidates are required to take out two copies of their application having Roll Number, 30 minutes after the final closure of the online application on the last day.
To join the Indian Army and crack the SSC Tech Entry SSB Interview, You can join our SSB interview live classes batch and we recommend you Enroll SSB INTERVIEW ONLINE COURSE. Trusted by thousands of defence aspirants.