UPSC CAPF 2021 NOTIFICATION – The Union Public Service Commission will publish the Official Notification of CAPF Exam for 2021 Assistant Commandant on 15th April 2021. Eligible and interested candidates can apply for the UPSC CAPF 2021 exam from 15th April 2021 till 05th May 2021. UPSC CAPF 2021 written exam will be conducted on 8th August 2021 across the nation.
UPSC CAPF Exam Dates 2021
|UPSC CAPF Exam Important Dates 2021|
|Official Notification||April 15th, 2021|
|Online Application||April 15th, 2021|
|Last Date of Online Application||May 5th 2021|
|CAPF Written Exam Admit Card||July 2021|
|CAPF Written Exam Date||August 8th 2021|
|CAPF Written Exam Result||To be notified|
|CAPF Admit Card for Physical & Medical Examination||To be notified|
|CAPF Interview Date||To be notified|
|CAPF Official Notification||To be notified|
UPSC CAPF 2021 Age Limits
Age Limits : A candidate must have attained the age of 20 years and must not have attained the age of 25 years on 1st August, 2021, i.e. he/she must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1996 and not later than 1st August, 2001. (b) The upper age limit prescribed above will be relaxable. (i) upto a maximum of five years if a candidate belongs to a Scheduled Caste or a Scheduled Tribe. (ii) upto a maximum of three years in the case of candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes who are eligible to avail of reservation applicable to such candidates. (iii) upto a maximum of five years for Civilian Central Government Servants in accordance with the existing instructions of the Central Government. Ex-Servicemen will also be eligible for this relaxation. However the total relaxation claimed on account of Government Service will be limited to five years.
Candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfill all eligibility conditions for admission to the Examination. Their admission at all the stages of the examination will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. Mere issue of e-Admission Certificate to the candidate will not imply that his/her candidature has been finally cleared by the Commission. Verification of eligibility conditions with reference to original documents is taken up only after the candidate has qualified for Interview/Personality Test.
UPSC CAPF Exam Pattern
- The written examination to be conducted by Union Public Service Commission comprise two papers. Paper I will be held from 10 a.m. to 12.00 Noon and Paper II will be held from 2.00 p.m. to 5.00 p.m (as per latest notification).
- Paper I : General Ability and Intelligence – 250 Marks The questions in this paper will be of Objective (Multiple Answers) Type in which the questions will be set in English as well as Hindi.
- Paper II : General Studies, Essay and Comprehension – 200 Marks In this paper candidates will be allowed the option of writing the Essay Component in English or Hindi, but the medium of Precis Writing, Comprehension Components and other communications/ language skills will be English only.
- Candidates are given 2 hours time to complete 200 questions in paper-I carrying 250 marks and 3 hours to complete 6 descriptive type questions in paper-II carrying 200 marks.
UPSC CAPF PAPER-1 Syllabus
|General Ability||Analogies, Arrangements, Syllogisms, Spatial Orientation, Problem Solving, Space Visualization, Arithmetical Reasoning, Decision Making, Analysis, Ranking,Visual Memory, Arithmetic Number Series, Coding and Decoding, Figural Classification, Statement Conclusion, Relationship Concepts, etc.|
|Intelligence||General Mental Ability, Current Events of National and International Importance, General Science, Indian Polity and Economy, Indian and World Geography and History of India|
UPSC CAPF PAPER-2 Syllabus
|General Studies||Indian History, Indian Geography, Indian National Movement, National and International Current Affairs, Eminent Personalities, Cultural Heritage, About India, Environment, General Polity, General Science, Science and Technology, Economy, Indian Constitution, etc.|
|Comprehension and Essay and English Language||Comprehension, Essay Writing, Precis Writing, Report Writing, Counter Argument, Language and Communication Skills, Grammar, Vocabulary, etc.|
HOW TO APPLY: Candidates are required to apply online only by using the website https://www. upsconline.nic.in. Brief instructions for filling up the online Application Form have been given in Appendix-II. Detailed instructions are available on the above mentioned website.
|CAPF Assistant Commandants 2021 vacancies (Approx)|
|Security Forces||Number of Vacancies|
The Union Public Service Commission will hold a Written Examination on 8th August, 2021 for recruitment of Assistant Commandants (Group A) in the Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) viz. Border Security Force (BSF), Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Central Industrial Security Force(CISF), Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) and Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB). The Examination will be held in accordance with the Rules for the published by Ministry of Home Affairs in the Gazette of India dated 15th April, 2021. The date of holding the examination as mentioned above is liable to be changed at the discretion of the Commission.
- CISF- Central Industrial Security Force is a premier multi-skilled security agency that provides security cover to nuclear installations, airports, seaports, space establishments, power plants, sensitive Government buildings and heritage monuments. Through UPSC CAPF exam, CISF will fill in 28 vacancies of CAPF Assistant Commandant Officer.
- BSF: BSF full form is the Border Security Force. It is a paramilitary force that guards India’s land Border during peace-time and prevents transnational crime. Border Guarding Force of India is recruiting 100 Central Armed Police Force AC Group A officer through UPSC CAPF exam. For detailed information on BSF recruitment check the linked article.
- CRPF: CRPF full form is Central Reserve Police Force. It was known as Crown Representative’s Police. It became CRPF after the enactment of the CRPF Act on 28 December 1949.CRPF is recruiting 108 Assistant Commandant Officer through UPSC CAPF exam. Dive deep into UPSC CRPF recruitment details over here.
- ITBP: Indo Tibetan Border Police Force personnel are deployed on border guarding duties. The number of vacancies CAPF AC recruitment 2021 will fill in Group A vacancies in ITBP shall be mentioned in the official notification. Read about UPSC ITBP Assistant Commandant exam in detail.
- SSB: The full form of SSB is Sashastra Seema Bal. It is Indian Central Armed Police Forces that provide security in border areas, prevent trans-border crimes, unauthorized entry into the territory of India and perform other duties assigned by the Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. SSB has also invited online application through UPSC CAPF exam notification 2019 to recruit 26 CAPF AC officer. Check the detail information of the SSB recruitment for Assistant Commandant exam 2019 in the link given.
- NSG: National Security Guard is a Federal Contingency Deployment Force to deal with anti-terrorist activities in all its manifestations. NSG commandos are an elite force, specially trained and equipped to be used in exceptional circumstances such as any serious act of terrorism.
- AR: The full form of AR is Assam Rifles. It is the oldest Central Paramilitary Force in India. The personnel in Assam rifles are recruited mainly to guard the plains of Assam region from the unruly tribes inhabiting in the surrounding hills.
Candidates with a Bachelor’s Degree from a recognised university in any discipline can apply for UPSC CAPF 2021 exam.
Seven Security Forces of India are covered under CAPF, namely, Border Security Force, Central Industrial Security Force, Assam Riffles, Central Reserve Police Force, Indo Tibetian Border Police, Sashastra Seema Bal and National Security Guard.
The written examination comprise two papers. Paper I General Ability and Intelligence and Paper II : General Studies, Essay and Comprehension
- UPSC CAPF Syllabus 2021 – Assistant Commandant Written Exam Syllabus
- How To Become A NSG Commando – National Security Guards
- What Is The Difference Between Military, Paramilitary, And CAPF?
- CAPF AC Exam 2020 – Written Result Out [1287 Candidates Selected]
- CAPF AC Exam 2019 – Final Result Out [264 Candidates Selected]
You can prepare for CAPF 2021 and CAPF 2022 and other defence entrance exams such as AFCAT, CDS OTA, NDA, ACC, MNS, INET, and Airmen Group X and Y by taking Written Online courses as they will not only give you access to full-length quality lectures but will also provide the facility to take standardized mock tests for better study and strategic growth in the exam. You can take multiple quizzes after each lesson to ensure a full understanding of the subject along with creating your customized lesson plans. You can check out the course content along with other important specifics at SSBCrack exams.
You can also access them through the SSBCrack Exams app available in the google play store.