Hi Warriors! Remembering People’s President, Missile Man of India & Bharat Ratna Dr APJ Abdul Kalam on his Birth Anniversary.
From Rameswaram to Rashtrapati Bhavan, the phenomenal flight of a soul that took wings from humble beginnings to the country’s highest office through a distinguished and arduous path of astonishing achievements as a technologist and scientist is now on a transcendental orbit.
Here I bring you the top 10 best qualities of Dr. Kalam that every aspirant must abide by:
- Be Prepared: Life doesn’t always follow the path we’ve set for it. Sometimes, it makes it own course and makes us follow it instead. The fanatic emphasis on ‘Plan B’ that professionals talk about is not a coward’s fall back system.
- Leadership: Dr. Kalam was an extraordinary leader and a ‘margdarshak’ as is defined by his definition of leadership; “Let me define a leader. He must have a vision and passion and not be afraid of any problem. Instead, he should know how to defeat it. Most importantly, he must work with integrity.”
- Leaders Acknowledge Contribution: Being in the Indian Armed Forces is all about leadership. Shouldering the blame for failure and conferring credit where it is due comes rarely to most. In an era where playing the blame-game and taking undue credit to forge ahead in life has become the norm, Dr. Kalam inspired many minds everyday, with the exception, that an exemplary leader is one who gives credit and recedes into the shadow as the protégé takes center-stage.
- Work Hard: Even during his last day, Dr. Kalam never stepped back an inch to deliver that speech. “The whole universe is friendly to us and conspires only to give the best to those who dream and work.” This saying shows how Dr. Kalam used to define the day by working hard.
- Go With The Flow: Dr. Kalam knew the effect he had on the masses, especially the youth. With a leader’s vision, he knew how eager the audience was to talk to him, hear him, and be inspired by him. He let them touch his hand wherever he went and in return, touched their lives.
- Have A Vision: This is the single most potent factor that drives our civilization. Having a vision, nurturing it, waiting for its fruition, reaping its rewards – all give meaning to life. The human spirit collapses not when it is deprived of food but when it is denied a dream.
- Be Courageous: As Dr. Kalam’s saying goes, courage is the first thing and one of the OLQs to overcome the fear of failure; “My message, especially to young people is to have the courage to think differently, courage to invent, to travel the unexplored path, courage to discover the impossible and to conquer the problems and succeed. These are great qualities that they must work towards. This is my message to young people.”
- Connect With People: In the mad race for success, we often distance people and embrace numbers. If this is inadvertent and not deliberate, the realization of the same comes as a shock to even oneself. Gregarious that we are by nature, it is in our best interest that we make an effort to know our neighbors/surroundings and keep in touch with our family. This also helps in self-introspection of oneself.
- Be Humble: This should top the list because all else fails in the absence of this. All success in life comes to naught if it is laced with vanity. Modesty has and will remain, an alluring trait because where egoism falters, humility conquers. And being in the forces is being more humane than being a soldier.
- Keep Fit: Successful people realize the importance of a healthy body and a healthy mind. They know that the two are inextricably interlinked and imperative for their smooth functioning. They follow a strict regime of healthy habits which include right eating, adherence to mealtimes, a holistic exercise plan that suits one’s age, and a mind full of positivity. It is established that the first three invariably impact the fourth.
Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam gave ‘hope’ a new meaning for us. We’ve lost a great leader who inspired and continues to inspire our young minds to feel that we live in the greatest nation on earth and that each one of them achieves great things. May his soul rest in peace.
Wishing & Remembering on his Birth Anniversary Former President APJ Abdul Kalam, the ‘missile man’ who came to be known as ‘People’s President’— SSBCrackExams (@SSBCrackExams) October 15, 2020
“If you want to shine like a sun. First, burn like a sun”
⚔️🇮🇳❤️🔥#apjabdulkalam @SSBCrack pic.twitter.com/7Zz1xK3qLP