DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS 12 – 13 September 2021
Tributes To Acharya Vinoba Bhave
- Vinoba Bhave [11 September 1895 – 15 November 1982] was an Indian advocate of nonviolence and human rights. Often called Acharya, he is best known for the Bhoodan Movement. He is considered as a National Teacher of India and the spiritual successor of Mahatma Gandhi. He was an eminent philosopher.
Tribute To Subramania Bharati
- Subramania Bharathi (11 December 1882 – 12 September 1921), was a Tamil writer, poet, journalist, Indian independence activist, social reformer.
- Popularly known as “Mahakavi Bharathi” (“Great Poet Bharathi”), he was a pioneer of modern Tamil poetry and is considered one of the greatest Tamil literary figures of all time.
- His numerous works included fiery songs kindling patriotism during the Indian Independence movement.
- He fought for the emancipation of women, against child marriage, stood for reforming Brahminism and religion. He was also in solidarity with Dalits and Muslims.
Swami Vivekananda’s iconic 1893 speech at Chicago
- Swami Vivekananda represented India and Hinduism at the Parliament of the World’s Religions (1893).
- India Celebrates National youth day on birth anniversary of swami.
- This was the first World’s Parliament of Religions, and it was held from 11 to 27 September 1893. Delegates from all over the world joined this Parliament.
- In 2012 a three-day world conference was organized to commemorate 150th birth anniversary of Vivekananda.
PM greets everyone on Nukhai
- Nuakhai or Navakhai or is an agricultural festival mainly observed by people of Western Odisha and Southern Chhattisgarh in India.
- Nuakhai is observed to welcome the new rice of the season.
- This is the most important social festival of Western Odisha and adjoining areas of Jharkhand & Odisha.
India, Australia hold 2+2 dialogue
- India and Australia held the high-level 2+2 foreign and Defence ministerial dialogue in New Delhi on Saturday.
- External affairs minister S Jaishankar and Defence minister Rajnath Singh held the closed-door talks with their Australian counterparts Marisa Payne and Peter Dutton.
- The dialogue is aimed at further ramping up the overall Defence and strategic cooperation between the two countries, including in the Indo-Pacific amid China’s increasing military assertiveness in the region.
- ‘NATO is Past, QUAD is Way Forward’: Jaishankar After 2+2 Dialogue with Australia.
- The Quadrilateral Security Dialogue (QSD, also known as the Quad) is a strategic dialogue between the United States, Japan, Australia, and India that is maintained by talks between member countries.
- With an aim to ramp up accessibility and inclusiveness of Varanasi city, the National Institute of Urban Affairs (NIUA) along with Varanasi Smart City Ltd (VSCL) organized a city stakeholder consultation to fillip the creation of a collaborative and participatory roadmap towards the vision of Sugamya Kashi- Inclusive Varanasi.
- The consultation was aimed at engaging with the relevant city stakeholders to boost the progress of the ‘Building Accessible Safe Inclusive Indian Cities programme’ along with the ongoing city engagement activities implemented in Varanasi on disability inclusion.
Footprints of 3 Dinosaur Species: Rajasthan
- In a major discovery, footprints of three species of dinosaurs have been found in the Thar desert in Rajasthan’s Jaisalmer district.
- It proves the presence of the giant reptiles in the western part of the State.
- It is believed that the footprints belong to three species of dinosaurs.
- The footprints were 200 million years old.
Largest Open-Air Fernery Inaugurated
- Ferns are non-flowering pteridophytes. They generally reproduce by producing spores.
- However, like flowering plants, ferns have roots, stems, and leaves. Ferns are the first plant with a fully developed vascular system.
- The Ranikhet fernery in Uttarakhand is spreads over four acres of land at an altitude of 1,800 meters and has over has 120 different types of ferns.
- It also houses around 30 species of medicinal ferns such as Hansraj, which has huge importance in Ayurveda as a remedy for ailments.
- Vinoba Bhave belonged to which state
- Andhra Pradesh
- Which of the following Movement is also called as “Bloodless Revolution”
- Revolt 1857
- Non-Cooperation Movement
- Bhoodan Movement
- Quit India Movement
- In_____, Bhave started the Bhoodan Movement in_____
- 1942, West Bengal
- 1951, Telangana
- 1956, Andhra Pradesh
- 1961, Tamil Nadu
- He is considered as Guru of Swami Vivekananda
- Ramakrishna Paramahamsa
- Swami Dayananda Saraswathi
- Swami Tirthananda
- Swami Shankaracharya
- Which of the following Math is associated with Swami Vivekananda
- Sringeri Math
- Belur Math
- Puri Math
- Kashi Math
- COMCASA (Communications, Compatibility and Security Agreement) is signed between
- India & Australia
- India & USA
- India & Japan
- India & Canada
- LEMOA (Logistics Exchange Memorandum of Agreement) was signed between India & USA in
- National youth day is celebrated on
- 12 January
- 12 June
- 12 July
- 12 December
- Tulsidas wrote his epic poem on Rama’s life called Ram Charit Manas in
- In the 16th century, Varanasi had a cultural revival under the Mughal emperor _______ who patronized the city.