DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS 14th September 2021
124th Anniversary of the Battle of Saragarhi
- Saragarhi was the communication tower between Fort Lockhart and Fort Gulistan. The two forts in the rugged Northwest Frontier Province (NWFP), now in Pakistan, were built by Maharaja Ranjit Singh but renamed by the British.
- Twenty-one soldiers were pitted against over 8,000 Afridi and Orakzai tribals, but they managed to hold the fort for seven hours.
- Though heavily outnumbered, the soldiers of 36th Sikhs, led by Havildar Ishar Singh, fought till their last breath, killing 200 tribals and injuring 600.
- In 2017, the Punjab government decided to observe Saragarhi Day on 12th September as a holiday.
- Even today the Khyber Scouts regiment of the Pakistani army mounts a guard and salutes the Saragarhi memorial close to Fort Lockhart.
Swachh Sarvekshan Grameen 2021
- The Jal Shakti Ministry launched Swachh Sarvekshan Grameen 2021 or rural cleanliness survey 2021 under Swachh Bharat Mission (Grameen) Phase-II. Earlier carried out by the Ministry in 2018 and 2019.
- The Swachh Sarvekshan Urban 2021 is to be announced. It was introduced by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA) in 2016.
- Assesses the state of hygiene, cleanliness, and sanitation in rural India as a part of the Centre’s initiative to award Open Defecation Free (ODF) Plus status to villages.
National Meet on SVAMITVA Scheme
- Union Minister of Rural Development & Panchayati Raj Shri Giriraj Singh will inaugurate the National Meet on SVAMITVA Scheme: A Stepping-Stone Towards Upliftment of Rural Economy.
- The conference would provide cross-learning platform for States in respect of processes of SVAMITVA Scheme
- SVAMITVA (Survey of Villages And Mapping with Improvised Technology in Village Areas) Scheme was launched in April 2020 with a resolve to enable economic progress of Rural India by providing “Record of Rights” to every rural household owner.
- Aiming to demarcate inhabited (Abadi) land in rural areas through the latest surveying drone-technology, SVAMITVA Scheme is a collaborative effort of the Ministry of Panchayati Raj, State Revenue Departments, State Panchayati Raj Departments and Survey of India.
- The scheme covers multifarious aspects viz. facilitating Monetisation of properties and enabling bank loan; reducing property related disputes; comprehensive village level planning, would be the stepping-stone towards achieving Gram Swaraj in true sense and making rural India Atmanirbhar (self-reliant).
Raja Mahendra Pratap Singh State University
- PM to lay the foundation stone of Raja Mahendra Pratap Singh State University in Aligarh.
- PM to also visit the exhibition model of Aligarh node of Uttar Pradesh Defence Industrial Corridor.
- Raja Mahendra Pratap Singh was an Indian freedom fighter, President in the Provisional Government of India, which served as the Indian Government in exile during World War I from Kabul in 1915.
India-US launch Climate Action and Finance Mobilization Dialogue
- India and US launch the Climate Action and Finance Mobilization Dialogue (CAFMD),
- CAFMD will help to demonstrate how the world can align swift climate action with inclusive and resilient economic development: Shri Bhupender Yadav
- India and US can lead the world in tackling Climate Change: Mr. John Kerry
- The US-India Agenda 2030 Partnership was announced by President Joe Biden and Prime Minister Narendra Modi at the Leaders’ Summit on Climate in April 2021.
- The special envoy’s travel will bolster the US bilateral and multilateral climate efforts ahead of the 26th Conference of the Parties (COP26) to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC), which will be held October 31 to November 12, 2021, in Glasgow, United Kingdom.
Bhupendra Patel Sworn in as CM of Gujarat
- Two days after Vijay Rupani resigned, Bhupendra Patel was sworn in as the 17th Gujarat Chief Minister.
- The 59-year-old, who represents Ahmedabad’s Ghatlodia constituency, took oath at the Raj Bhavan.
- Union Home Minister Amit Shah congratulated Patel after the swearing-in ceremony. The Chief Ministers of BJP-ruled states, including Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar, Madhya Pradesh CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan and Goa CM Pramod Sawant, were also present on the occasion.
- Battle of Saragarhi took place on
- 12th September 1897
- 13th September 1857
- 14th September 1847
- 15th September 1837
- He led 21 Sikh Soldiers at Battle of Saragarhi
- Havildar Ishar Singh
- Havildar Ranjith Singh
- Havildar Gurmeet Singh
- Havildar Baljit Singh
- 21 soldiers who died at Battle of Saragarhi were posthumously awarded with
- Victoria Cross
- Orders of the British Empire
- Indian Order Merit
- Legion of Merit
- The Indian Order of Merit (IOM) was a military and civilian decoration of British India established in
- The Indian Order of Merit (IOM) is equivalent to today’s
- Ashoka Chakra
- Param Vir Chakra
- Shaurya Chakra
- Maha Vir Chakra
- National Panchayati Raj Day
- March 24
- April 24
- June 24
- August 24
- The first National Panchayati Raj Day was celebrated in
- National Civil Services Day
- March 21
- April 21
- June 21
- August 21
- The 73rd Constitutional Amendment added
- Part IX
- Part IXA
- Part X
- Part XI
- Maharashtra and Gujarat were divided, and Maharashtra became a separate state through
- Bombay Reorganization Act
- State Reorganization Act
- Fazal Ali Recommendation
- 7th Constitutional Amendment Act