In today’s 16 April 2022 Defence current affairs we are going to see the latest national and international defence current affairs. These defence current affairs questions and major events will be really helpful for your upcoming NDA, CDS, AFCAT, TA, INET, MNS, ACC exams and other SSB interviews and AFCAT interviews like SSC Tech, TGC, TES, NDA, CDS, AFCAT and more. Download the Defence current affairs PDF file at the end of this article.
Daily Defence Current Affairs 16 April 2022
Navy Working With HAL To Develop 50 UH (Marine) Choppers For Warship Requirements
- The Indian Navy and Hindustan Aeronautics Limited are looking at developing a new Utility Helicopter (Marine) to meet the warship requirements of the force.
- If the development of the new variant of the Advanced Light Helicopter Dhruv is done successfully, the Indian Navy would be looking at placing orders for 50 of these choppers which would help the Indian Navy to deploy choppers on its warships on high seas.
- The Navy has more than 150 warships in its fleet and wants them to be equipped with at least one helicopter each and is looking at procuring them through the Make in India route first.
- In recent times, the Indian Navy has induced around 16 of these ALH Dhruv Mark 3 choppers along with an equal number of machines for the Indian Coast Guard too. For the Indian Navy also, the HAL has been offering a maritime version of the Dhruv but not much could be done due to the lack of capabilities that have been required by the maritime force for operations.
India Receives Simulators, Equipment For S-400 Training Squadron from Russia
- Amid the ongoing war between Russia and Ukraine, India has received the simulators and other equipment from Moscow for the training squadron of the S-400 Triumf air defence missile system.
- The second squadron of the missile system is a training squadron and includes simulators and other training-related equipment only. It does not include missiles or launchers.
- India is one of the largest users of Russian weaponry including major platforms like fighter jets, transport aircraft, helicopters, warships, tanks, infantry combat vehicles, and submarines.
- Over the last couple of decades, it has broadened its source base by including equipment from countries like the US, France, and Israel in a big way but the dependence on Russia still remains very high.
If Harmed, India Will Not Spare Anyone, Says Rajnath Singh
- In a strong message to China, Defence Minister Rajnath Singh has said that if harmed, India will not spare anyone, as he asserted that India under Prime Minister Narendra Modi has emerged as a powerful country and is headed to be among the top three economies of the world.
- Singh, in his address to the Indian-American community in San Francisco, also sent a subtle message to the US that New Delhi does not believe in a diplomacy of “zero-sum game” and its relationship with one country cannot be at the expense of the other.
- The Ladakh border standoff between the Indian and Chinese militaries erupted on May 5, 2020, following a violent clash in the Pangong lake areas. The face-off escalated after the Galwan Valley clashes on June 15, 2020. As many as 20 Indian soldiers and an unspecified number of Chinese troops were killed in the clashes.
- India and China have held 15 rounds of military talks so far to resolve the eastern Ladakh standoff. As a result of the talks, the two sides completed the disengagement process last year in the north and south banks of the Pangong lake and in the Gogra area.
Russian Naval Warship Sinks
- Powerful explosions were heard in Kyiv on Friday and fighting raged in the east after Ukraine claimed responsibility for the sinking of the Russian navy’s Black Sea flagship in what would be one of the heaviest blows of the war.
- The explosions appeared to be among the most significant in Ukraine’s capital region since Russian troops pulled back from the area earlier this month in preparation for battles in the south and east.
- Ukraine said it hit the Moskva missile cruiser with a Neptune anti-ship missile. The Soviet-era ship sank on Thursday as it was being towed to port following a fire and explosions, Russia’s defence ministry said.
China To Hold Military Drills Near Taiwan
- China on Friday announced military exercises near Taiwan in light of a visit by US congressmen to the island. A delegation of six US congressmen, headed by Senate Foreign Relations Committee Chairman Bob Menendez, arrived on the island on Thursday on an unannounced visit.
- “On April 15, the Chinese People’s Liberation Army’s Eastern Theater Command sent warships, bombers, fighter jets and other forces to organize multi-purpose combat patrols and conduct sea and air exercises in the East China Sea and around the island of Taiwan“.
- According to the Chinese military, these actions were organized in response to “recent erroneous US signals regarding the Taiwan issue,” and are absolutely useless and very dangerous. “The one who plays with fire is sure to burn themselves,” the statement added.
- Taiwan has been governed independently from mainland China for over seven decades.
China’s security deal with Solomon Islands poses threat to Indo-Pacific security
- Australia and New Zealand raised their concerns regarding the security deal between the Solomon Islands and China as it will allow the People’s Liberation Army present in the Indo-Pacific region.
- Australia and New Zealand have expressed their concern regarding China’s increased military activity and influence in the Indo-Pacific which could destabilize the region as the island could also be used as a stopover for China’s troops for tactical replenishments.
- As of March 24, the Solomon Islands divulged that the security deal had been signed, following which Australia and New Zealand both raised concerns.
- Neptune Is A
- Anti-Ship Missile
- Machine Gun
- Which Ship of Russia Has been sunk?
- Mana Pass Is a Mountain Pass On The Border B/W –
- India – Nepal
- India – Bhutan
- India – Tibet
- India – Myanmar
- Ex ‘Khanjar’ conducted b/w India &
- Operation All Out Was Conducted In
- Solomon Islands Is Located On
- Indian Ocean
- Pacific Ocean
- Arctic Ocean
- None of the above
- Capital Of the Solomon Islands Is
- None of the above
- The rank of Marshal of the Air Force has been conferred by the__
- The President
- The PM
- Chief Minister
- Saab AB Is an Aerospace Company of
- C-130J Super Hercules Is A
- Transport Aircraft
- Major Rank of Indian Army Equivalent to Which rank of IAF?
- Flying Officer
- Group Captain
- Squadron Leader
- CBSE Stands For
- Central Board of Second Education
- Central Boarding of Secondary Education
- Central Board of Secondary Education
- None of the above
- Car Nicobar Is Situated On
- Arabian Sea
- Indian Ocean
- Bay Of Bengal
- Ganga River
- Bogota Is the Capital Of
- “‘The Little Book of Joy” Book Is Written By
- Shashi Tharoor
- Geetanjali Shree’s
- Richa Mishra
- Dalai Lama & Desmond Tutu
- War Cry of THE BRIGADE OF THE GUARDS Is
- Garud ka hun bol pyare
- Victory Is Mine
- Charge and Attack
- Where Is the Hq of The Southern Command of The Indian Navy?
- “Secure Application for Internet (SAI)” Has Been Developed By
- Indian Army
- Joint Exercises B/w The India and Nepal Is Called:
- Surya Kiran
- Yudha Abhyas
- India Purchased M777 Howitzer from
- None of the above