DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS 16th July 2021
Rudraksh: Varanasi Conventional Centre Inaugurated
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the Rudraksh Convention Center which is a symbol of friendship between Japan and India.
- The Convention Centre is a well-equipped, comprising of the main hall with a full flying tower, a seating capacity of 1,200, a gallery, meeting rooms, and parking for 120 cars.
- Rudraksh will exhibit a glimpse of the wonderful and ancient city of Kashi. In fact, the roof of this convention is shaped like Shiva Linga. The convention center has been installed with 108 Rudraksh and the entire building will glow with LED lights at night.
No More Cases to be Registered U/S 66A of IT Act
- The Union Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) on Wednesday, July 14 requested States and Union Territories (UTs) to direct all police stations under their jurisdiction not to register cases under the repealed Section 66A of the Information Technology Act, 2000.
- The decision comes in the backdrop of the Supreme Court expressing its disbelief and shock that cases were still being booked under the repealed section. It said it found it “distressing”, “shocking” and “terrible” that people are still booked and tried under Section 66A of the Information Technology Act even six years after the apex court struck down the provision as unconstitutional and a violation of free speech.
- Section 66A of the Information Technology Act, 2000 relates to punishment for sending offensive messages via communication services.
- According to the said Section, any person who sends any information that is grossly offensive or has menacing character, or which he knows to be false, but for the purpose of causing annoyance, inconvenience, danger, obstruction, insult, injury, criminal intimidation, enmity, hatred or ill will, persistently by making use of such computer resource or a communication device, any electronic mail or electronic message, shall be punishable with imprisonment for a term which may extend to three years and with fine.
World Youth Skills Day Celebrated
- On World Youth Skills Day, Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed a Digital Skills Conclave through video conferencing to extend the message on the importance of skill, reskill and upskill for the youth of the country.
- According to the PM, youth need to focus on skill, reskill and upskill to stay relevant in the ever-changing business environment and market conditions. The day also marks the sixth anniversary of the Skill India Mission.
- In 2014, the United Nations General Assembly declared 15 July as World Youth Skills Day, to celebrate the strategic importance of equipping young people with skills for employment, decent work, and entrepreneurship.
Long Duration Hot Test of Vikas Engine Conducted
- Gaganyaan is an Indian Human Spaceflight Programme by ISRO. The spacecraft is being designed to carry three people in 2023.
- ISRO has successfully conducted the third long duration hot test of the liquid propellant Vikas Engine for the core L110 liquid stage of the human rated GSLV MkIII vehicle, as part of the engine qualification requirements for the Gaganyaan Programme.
- The engine was fired for a duration of 240 seconds the performance of the engine met the test objectives.
K. Kamaraj Remembered on His Birth Anniversary
- Kumaraswamy Kamaraj was an Indian independence activist and politician who served as the Chief Minister of Madras State (Tamil Nadu) from 13 April 1954 to 2 October 1963.
- He was responsible for the elevation of Lal Bahadur Shastri to the position of Prime Minister of India after Nehru’s death and Indira Gandhi after Shastri’s death. He was awarded with Bharat Ratna, posthumously in 1976.
‘COVID Teeka Sang Surakshit Van, Dhan aur Uddyam.’
- The Campaign was launched by Shri Arjun Munda, Minister of Tribal Affairs, to accelerate the pace of COVID vaccination among tribals, in India.
- The campaign will be implemented with the help of traditional village headsmen, SHGs, and ground level workers in villages and the Van Dhan Kendra will become the focal points.
- The Minister said that to ensure that the third wave does not impact the tribal areas, it has become important for us to vaccinate the tribal people.
- A Light Year is a measure of
- Light intensity
- None of the Above
- In the Solar System, asteroids circle between these two planets
- Venus and Mars
- Mars and Earth
- Mars and Jupiter
- Jupiter and Saturn
- Identify the pair that is correctly matched?
- Madam Curie: X – ray
- Albert Einstein: Photoelectric effect
- Linus Pauling: Electron
- C V Raman: Stark effect
- Refraction, Reflection, Dispersion and Diffraction are associated with __________.
- None of the Above
- Cryogenic engines find applications in ________.
- Sub-marine propulsion
- Frost-free refrigerators
- Rocket technology
- Research in superconductivity
- Current Chairmen of ISRO is ________.
- K. Shivan
- Sateesh Reddy
- A S Kiran Kumar
- G Madhav Nair
- ISRO was established on _______.
- 15th Aug 1958
- 15th Aug 1959
- 15th Aug 1968
- 15th Aug 1969
- HQ of ISRO is located at ________.
- The Indian National Committee for Space Research (INCOSPAR) was set up by ______ to formulate the Indian Space Programme.
- Dr. Vikram Sarabhai
- Homi J Bhabha
- S Chandrasekaran
- A P J Abdul Kalam
- The Indian National Committee for Space Research (INCOSPAR) was established in ________.