DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS 23 September 2021
International Day of Sign Languages
- International Day of Sign Languages is celebrated annually across the world on 23 September every year along with International Week of the Deaf.
- The choice of 23 September is the same date that the World Federation of the Deaf was established in 1951.
- Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment to celebrate it and Documentary on ‘Indian Sign Language Journey’ to be presented on the occasion.
- Dr. Virendra Kumar will interact with the winners of the 4th Indian Sign Language Competition, 2021
Armed Forces Flag Day Fund
- The Armed Forces Flag Day or the Flag Day of India is a day dedicated to India towards collection of funds from people of India for the welfare of the Indian Armed Forces personnel.
- It has been observed annually in India on December 7 since 1949.
- Over the years, it has become a tradition to commemorate this day as an honor to the soldiers, sailors, and airmen of India.
- Raksha Mantri Shri Rajnath Singh appeals for generous contribution towards it.
- Over 38,000 beneficiaries in FY 20-21, Rs 133.21 crore spent under AFFDF in FY 2020-21, Rs 33.35 crore collected during FY 2020-21.
National Single Window System
- National Single Window System for Investors and Businesses Launched by Shri Piyush Goyal.
- Terming it a giant leap, towards making India Atmanirbhar, NSWS will usher in Azadi from legacy of running to Govt. offices for approvals and registrations.
- NSWS to have solutions for all at one click of the mouse through ‘End to End’ facilitation.
- NSWS to bring Transparency, Accountability & Responsiveness in the ecosystem and all information will.be available on a single dashboard.
- Foreign & Indian Investors, Businesses and Startups to benefit from the initiative – Shri Goyal
- 18 Central Departments, 9 States already boarded.
- 14 Central depts & 5 states will be added by Dec’21
Vanijya Utsav 2021
- As a part of ‘Vanijya Saptaah’ being observed by Department of Commerce, a training session for budding exporters was today organized at Apparel Export Promotion Council (AEPC) Apparel House Gurugram, Haryana.
- Dr LB Singhal, Secretary General, (AEPC) enlightened the exporters on Production Linked Incentive scheme, which is an export facilitative instrument. Prof MP Singh and Prof Harkirat Singh, guest speakers from Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT), also attended the session.
- The training session was followed by a panel discussion on ‘Export Opportunities and Challenges: Sector Specific Issues’.
- Programmes showing India as a Rising Economic Force and Green & Swachh SEZs besides handholding sessions focusing on ‘From Farm to Foreign Lands’ and exporter conclaves, ‘Vanijya Utsav’, covering all 739 districts of the country.
Integrated Aroma Dairy Entrepreneurship
- The Union Minister of State Science & Technology has proposed Integrated Aroma Dairy Entrepreneurship for Jammu & Kashmir to augment the income of farmers.
- The Aroma Mission, also popularly referred as “Lavender or Purple Revolution”, has started from J&K and transformed the lives of farmers who are able to grow lavender, make lucrative profit and improve their lives.
- Earlier, the floriculture mission was launched in 21 States and Union Territories.
World Rhino Day
- World Rhino Day is observed on 22nd September to spread awareness for all five species of rhino and work being done to save them.
- It was first announced by the World Wildlife Fund (WWF) – South Africa in 2010. The species of rhinoceros are on the verge of extinction due to persistent poaching and habitat loss over several decades.
- There are five species of rhino – white and black rhinos in Africa, and the greater one-horned, Javan and Sumatran rhino species in Asia.
- Theme 2021: Keep the five Alive.
- HQ of World Federation of the Deaf
- The WFD was established in September 1951 in_____, at the first World Deaf Congress.
- Rome, Italy
- Paris, France
- Geneva, Switzerland
- San Francisco, USA
- The UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities was signed in
- The Armed Forces Flag Day has been observed annually in India since
- Defence Ministry of India consolidated related welfare funds into a single Armed Forces Flag Day fund in
- Floriculture Mission launched on March 4th 2021, was an initiative by
- Council Of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR)
- Ministry of Science & Tech
- Ministry of Agriculture
- Ministry of Commerce
- Which of the following is not an Aromatic Plants
- Damask rose
- Mushk bala
- it is the largest of the rhino species.
- White Rhino
- Black Rhino
- Greater One Horned Rhino
- Javan Rhino
- National Rhino Conservation Strategy o conserve the greater one-horned rhinoceros was launched in
- International Rhino Foundation was founded in