DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS 26th JUNE 2021
Russia Vs UK – The Saga Around Black Sea
- Russia alleged that the British warship had breached its territorial waters in Black Sea which Britain and most of the world say belong to Ukraine.
- Russia seized and annexed the Crimea peninsula from Ukraine in 2014 and considers areas around its coast to be Russian waters.
- The Black Sea, also known as the Euxine Sea, is one of the major water bodies and a famous inland sea of the world.
ED Transfers Assets Worth Rs. 8,441.50 crore to PSB
- The Enforcement Directorate has transferred assets worth Rs. 8,441.50 crore to public sector banks that suffered losses to the tune of Rs. 22,585.83 crore due to frauds committed allegedly by Vijay Mallya, Nirav Modi and Mehul Choksi.
- Fugitive Economic Offender (FEO): A person against whom an arrest warrant has been issued for committing an offence listed in the Act and the value of the offence is at least Rs. 100 crores.
- Fugitive Economic Offenders Act, 2018: It seeks to confiscate properties of economic offenders who have left the country to avoid facing criminal prosecution or refuse to return to the country to face prosecution.
Gujarat International Maritime Arbitration Centre (GIMAC) to Be Set Up
- An MOU was signed between the Gujarat Maritime University and International Financial Services Centers Authority in GIFT (Gujarat International Finance Tec-City) City.
- This will be the first center of its kind in the country that will manage arbitration and mediation proceedings with disputes related to the maritime and shipping sector.
- Gujarat Maritime University (GMU) is a private university located in Gandhinagar, Gujarat, India.
Sant Kabir Das Jayanti Observed Across Nation
- Observed on 24th June 2021, Kabirdas Jayanti is celebrated on the Jyeshtha Purnima tithi, as per the Hindu lunar calendar.
- Sant Kabir Das was born in the city of Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh. He was a 15th century mystic poet, saint and social reformer and a proponent of the Bhakti Movement.
- Kabir’s legacy is still going on through a sect known as Panth of Kabir, a religious community that considers him as the founder.
Department of Telecommunications (DoT) has eased the norms for Other Service Providers (OSPs).
- The OSP guidelines were earlier liberalized in November 2020 to encourage the BPO (Business Process Outsourcing) industry in India.
- BPO is a business practice in which an organization contracts with an external service provider to perform an essential business task.
- OSPs or Other Service Providers are companies or firms which provide secondary or tertiary services such as telemarketing, telebanking or telemedicine for various companies, banks, or hospital chains, respectively.
46 Years Since ‘Emergency’ Imposed in India
- In India, “The Emergency” refers to a 21-month period from 1975 to 1977 when Prime Minister Indira Gandhi had a state of emergency declared across the country.
- Emergency was declared in India in 1962 war (China war), 1971 war (Pakistan war), and 1975 internal disturbance.
- National emergency could be declared based on “external aggression or war” and “internal disturbance”. Which was later Replaced by “Armed Rebellion”.
- Saint Kabir Was Contemporary of _________?
- Ibrahim Lodi
- Sikandar Lodi
- Behlul Lodi
- _________ was President of the Newly Independent Russian State Post Dissolution of the Soviet Union?
- Mikhail Gorbachev
- Boris Yeltsin
- Vladimir Putin
- Nikita Khrushchev
- Who was President of India was Emergency was Imposed in 1975?
- Fakhruddin Ali Ahmed
- V V Giri
- Muhammed Hidayatullah
- N Sanjeev Reddy