DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS 9th September 2021
- Ministry of Environment, Forest, and Climate Change launched PRANA.
- PRANA meaning ‘Life’ in Sanskrit, is a portal for regulation of air pollution in 132 cities across the country.
- PRANA or the Portal for Regulation of Air-pollution in non-Attainment cities under the National Clean Air Programme (NCAP) would support tracking of the physical and financial status of city air action plan implementation.
- It would also disseminate information on air quality to the public while also providing comprehensive information related to NCAP programme details, progress, city action plans, implementation updates by city/state/ national level agencies, air quality data, and trends, etc.
- The portal (prana.cpcb.gov.in) has a national dashboard that has interactive points on 7 thematic areas of city air action plans, PM10 performance, ambient air monitoring network, public grievance redressal portal, graded response action plans, and more.
- It is intertwined with the Government’s goal for sustainable utilization, protection, and conservation of public goods and the environment.
Chandigarh Gets its First Pollen Calendar
- The city of Chandigarh now has its first pollen calendar, which may identify probable allergy triggers and provide clinicians and allergy sufferers with a comprehensive understanding of their origins, helping them to restrict their exposure during high pollen loads.
- In India, around 20-30% of the population suffers from allergic rhinitis/hay fever, and approximately 15% develop asthma.
- In humans, pollen is a major outdoor airborne allergen that causes allergic rhinitis, asthma, and atopic dermatitis. Pollen calendars are graphical representations of the time dynamics of airborne pollen taxa in a certain geographic area.
- They provide easy-to-understand visual information on diverse airborne pollen species that are present throughout the year, as well as their seasonality, in a single image. Pollen calendars are location-specific, with concentrations strongly tied to the flora found in the area.
National Livestock Mission Portal
- Ministry for Fisheries, Animal Husbandry, and Dairying has launched the portal for National Livestock Mission (NLM).
- With the portal, the Government aims to increase the effectiveness and ensure transparency in the implementation of the scheme.
- The NLM portal is developed by the Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) in collaboration with the Department of Animal Husbandry and Dairying. The online portal aims to enable a customized workflow between State Implementing Agency (SIA), lenders, and Ministry as required under the National Livestock Mission.
Crime Against Women on Rise: NCW
- National Commission for Women (NCW) informed that there was a rise of 46% in complaints of crimes against women in the first eight months of 2021 over the corresponding period of last year.
- NCW was set up as a statutory body in January 1992 under the National Commission for Women Act, 1990. Its mission is to strive towards enabling women to achieve equality and equal participation in all spheres of life.
- State Wise Data: Uttar Pradesh (10,084), Delhi (2,147), Haryana (995), Maharashtra (974).
Card Data Storage Guidelines by RBI
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has given new directions in relation to storage of bank\card data by entities or other merchants.
- It has directed that no entity or merchant, other than card issuers and card networks, should store card details. It will reduce the frauds that occur by sharing card details.
- With effect from January 2022, no entity in the card transaction or payment chain, other than the card issuers and card networks, should store the actual card data. Any such data stored previously will be removed.
IUCN World Conservation Congress 2020
- ‘IUCN World Conservation Congress 2020’ (postponed from June 2020 to September 2021) is being held in Marseille, France.
- The International Union for the Conservation of Nature (IUCN) conducts the World Conservation Congress which is held every four years in a different location around the globe. The first was conducted in the United States in 1948.
- Issues taken up were Global Indigenous Agenda, Update of Red List, Sustainable Tourism Initiative etc.
- Current Minister of Ministry of Environment, Forest, and Climate Change (MoEFCC)
- Dr. Jitendra Singh
- Piyush Goyal
- Prakash Javadekar
- Bhupender Yadav
- ________ is the cadre controlling authority of the Indian Forest Service (IFS)
- Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA)
- Ministry of Environment, Forest, and Climate Change (MoEFCC)
- Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions
- In 1936, the first National Park in India was created
- Saddle Peak National Park
- Hailey National Park
- Panna National Park
- Papikonda National Park
- “Harmonious development based on a comprehensive appraisal of environmental issues” was first given in
- 4th Five Year Plan
- 5th Five Year Plan
- 6th Five Year Plan
- 7th Five Year Plan
- The State shall endeavor to protect and improve the environment and to safeguard the forests and wildlife of the country.
- Article 46
- Article 48A
- Article 51
- Article 21
- The First Head of National Commission for Women
- Jayanti Patnaik
- Rekha Sharma
- Sunita Reddy
- Madhu Latha
- The Current Head of National Commission for Women
- M H Pallavi
- Rekha Sharma
- Nilam Mishra
- Madhu Latha
- Capital City of Haryana
- The master plan of the Chandigarh city was prepared by Swiss French architect
- Le Corbusier
- Edward Lutyens
- Herbert Baker
- Abdul Samad
- Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) was established in